Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:08 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
My 410 was suddenly really rough sounding and pretty loud today. I am going to tear it down to bare bits on the 26th and clean every part off and rebuild my diffs with fresh oil and replace all the bearings. I've not done heavy maintenance in 5 months now. LOL

Question for you Tekin guys… Are any of you experiencing a random lull in transmission at any point and time? I run RS Pro's on my 410 and my 4.2 and they are starting to cut out randomly and I'm losing races and places because of it. I was asked by a couple of friends at the track if by any chance I was running Tekin ESC's and I said yes. They said for some reason some Tekins do that.

Having that in my head, I remembered and ran the stadium truck today to see if it would cut out because it has the Reventon R in it and it did not cut out at all.

I said I was going to look into glitch busters but he told me not to bother because he has them in both his 22's and they still cut out like that and he is changing to Hobbywing for all his stuff.

I'm going to contact Tekin on here and see what they say.
I've found with my Tekin/Spektrum/Savox combo, running a glitch buster solves any receiver brownout issues, if that is what your issue is.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
It is noisy like a SCTE. I guess I need to go through it and check everything before running it. I bought it used. The bearing on the front of the spur gear feels loose and does not have a lot of support from the shaft. Sounds like a full bearing replacement is due. Any suggestions for a good set of bearings at a decent price?
Should be much much quieter than the scte. very little noise. Also check: Spur for issues, check the diff ring gear for missing teeth. As for bearings.. avidrc is the only place to buy bearings.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
It is noisy like a SCTE. I guess I need to go through it and check everything before running it. I bought it used. The bearing on the front of the spur gear feels loose and does not have a lot of support from the shaft. Sounds like a full bearing replacement is due. Any suggestions for a good set of bearings at a decent price?
Should be much much quieter than the scte. very little noise. Also check: Spur for issues, check the diff ring gear for missing teeth. As for bearings.. avidrc is the only place to buy bearings.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those are great prices on the bearings. Thanks. I will do a tear down before running it at the track. I was having a lot of issues with my Tekin as I am running a Spektrum. I added a cap and all is good. I also found out some batteries act differently than others. I cannot use Turnigy batteries with my Max Amps and Spektrum, go figure.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Get the Ceramic Revolutions for the Spur gear at least They last much longer. I have them on spur and diffs.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekt
I've found with my Tekin/Spektrum/Savox combo, running a glitch buster solves any receiver brownout issues, if that is what your issue is.
I've found the solution to Spektrum (Dx3R-Pro), its a Sanwa MT4 and M12X. Faster controller with a lot more tweaking, nicer menus and telemetry.
Ran my Spektrum again for my Vintage cars.. felt terrible to go back. Their receivers are small and cheap in comparison to the Sanwa tho.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey bud, sorry, had a long day of practice and then came to work and on my way out the door, but I did take the time to compare and the Associated one will not work. It's a larger piece altogether and the inner diameter is too small for the hinge pins.

I know I have some but with being so pressed for time at the track and work this weekend I won't have time to throw all my stuff on my pit mat to locate them. If I find my extra ones I'll mail you a couple of them so your not SOL until February. I just hope I find them because today they weren't where they're supposed to be.
Thanks incubus, thats what I figured looks like durango has designed there own size like a lot of parts in there cars.

I mananaged to grab the bushes from a seller on ebay but as part of an entire front hubs for a Dex210.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321278816...84.m1423.l2649

Thanks for the help also.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magnushedqvist
I have had simular issues. One because of a bad power switch but also because of overheating. Put a fan at the solder posts and you will be fine.
I have a 30MM MuchMore fan installed already and it still does it. Speaking with someone from Tekin about it and he says ESC's don't generally cause this issue, but I'm not sure what to believe.

As well, my Motor is the only thing that heats up considerably on my car. The RS Pro is just warm to the touch.

I thought about glitch busters but 2 guys at my track told me not to bother because they bought and installed them and the issue persisted, though a little less frequently.

My 4PLS arrives in a week or so and if this cut out issue remains, it's DEFINITELY NOT the radio. Either way a 3PLS is a very good radio and it doesn't do this on my T4 with the Reventon R and LRP 9.5 so it already rules out the radio.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reflexia
I've found the solution to Spektrum (Dx3R-Pro), its a Sanwa MT4 and M12X. Faster controller with a lot more tweaking, nicer menus and telemetry.
Ran my Spektrum again for my Vintage cars.. felt terrible to go back. Their receivers are small and cheap in comparison to the Sanwa tho.
You do know that when used with a dsm2 receiver the spektrum has 5ms rate. It is way more than fast enough. If you are adding the capacitor in my experience it's a sure sign of the bec failing in the esc.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by zzztech
U didnt miss much! Middle front always pops off for me
Between my sons and I, we have 3 cars. Two have been converted to the center u joints and third is still running the cvd. They all appear to sit in the same place on the front out drive for the center diff. That tells me you probably have a problem either not pushing the diff far enough in or the center diff has bearing or hold issues.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Guys

What's the difference between the optional Drive shaft Djoint and the new Ujoints on the V4?

Thx
Old 12-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dbl post
Old 12-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by zzztech
Guys

What's the difference between the optional Drive shaft Djoint and the new Ujoints on the V4?

Thx
The djoints are heavier. I had them also and I would stay with the u joint.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

I have a 30MM MuchMore fan installed already and it still does it. Speaking with someone from Tekin about it and he says ESC's don't generally cause this issue, but I'm not sure what to believe.

As well, my Motor is the only thing that heats up considerably on my car. The RS Pro is just warm to the touch.

I thought about glitch busters but 2 guys at my track told me not to bother because they bought and installed them and the issue persisted, though a little less frequently.

My 4PLS arrives in a week or so and if this cut out issue remains, it's DEFINITELY NOT the radio. Either way a 3PLS is a very good radio and it doesn't do this on my T4 with the Reventon R and LRP 9.5 so it already rules out the radio.
How old and what batteries are you running?
Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have you tried bypassing the on off switch? Mine went bad causing the car to shut off randomly . it is a really cheap fix.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.