Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for posting the pic. I'm glad I waited. I would have butchered it for sure!

Mark
Old 12-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
I swapped almost all of my drive line to the u joints and I absolutely love them!!! Power is super smooth and instantaneous! The only u joint I didn't get is the middle front due to lack of funds. All the rest are perfect! Best decision I made as far as my V3 is concerned.
So the axles have UJ now too? I thought it was just the centers? Thanks
Old 12-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
So the axles have UJ now too? I thought it was just the centers? Thanks
Yes, they are optional on the V4.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I took a drum sander to the strap and gave it some clearance. I could see where it was rubbing. I didn't want to cut it just yet.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlinder
Thanks for posting the pic. I'm glad I waited. I would have butchered it for sure!

Mark
This one makes more sense perhaps

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-batterystrapcuts.jpg

It's up to you how much you take of the hinge end, its just so both parts can move independently and it clears the drive shaft to get high enough to clear the battery.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

I chickened out on the cuts, and just removed half the thickness of the middle section. I have a lot of noise everywhere, are these like that?
Old 12-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

A friend let me try out his Dex410V3, and it was amazing! The track I race on is a small clay indoor track, and I was having a fit running a sct 4x4 on it, the lanes are tight. then I ran his Dex-v3, and it had plenty of room, way more manageable, and stupid fast. This class has really gotten big, and rivals stock spec for the most drivers. Some of the sections gave me a fit with the Dex210, but not the Dex410v3.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by platgof
I chickened out on the cuts, and just removed half the thickness of the middle section. I have a lot of noise everywhere, are these like that?
nope, DEX410 should not be 'loud'. Read though this thread. The diffs shouldn't be loud, but smooth. If you didn't properly sand the outdrive hex for the planetary gear (the two gears at each end of a diff ) such that they 'slide' onto their mounting hex (ie you had to force them on), your diffs will be loud as the gears will be meshing wrong.

If you have bearings which are dying out due to overheating they will be loud, replace them. If there is dust in the drive shafts, it will be loud. Clean them out. I'd say Durangos are just as quiet as my Yokomo, quieter than my B44.

That's the downside of shaft 4wd cars on dirt, so many open parts, so much dust to keep out. Keep the maintenance up and it should be fine.
If you were facing heat from the shaft on the battery strap, I'd say you're spur bearing on that side will be shot (Creating either grindy sound or ringing).
The other area that can make noise is the driveshaft into the diff housing. If that gear on the end is not meshed correctly (dimensions of the gap are in the manual) it will sound loud and the ring gear ( big gear on outside of diff) will deteriorate.

good luck
Old 12-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

It is noisy like a SCTE. I guess I need to go through it and check everything before running it. I bought it used. The bearing on the front of the spur gear feels loose and does not have a lot of support from the shaft. Sounds like a full bearing replacement is due. Any suggestions for a good set of bearings at a decent price?
Old 12-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
Thanks again incubus, but sadly 0 stock and no postage to Australia let me know about the b4.2 bushes if there the same that will be the easiest way I think.

I have found a bush from some random stuff I have but I will have to enlarge the steering arms hole, that a last resort at this point.
Hey bud, sorry, had a long day of practice and then came to work and on my way out the door, but I did take the time to compare and the Associated one will not work. It's a larger piece altogether and the inner diameter is too small for the hinge pins.

I know I have some but with being so pressed for time at the track and work this weekend I won't have time to throw all my stuff on my pit mat to locate them. If I find my extra ones I'll mail you a couple of them so your not SOL until February. I just hope I find them because today they weren't where they're supposed to be.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My 410 was suddenly really rough sounding and pretty loud today. I am going to tear it down to bare bits on the 26th and clean every part off and rebuild my diffs with fresh oil and replace all the bearings. I've not done heavy maintenance in 5 months now. LOL

Question for you Tekin guys… Are any of you experiencing a random lull in transmission at any point and time? I run RS Pro's on my 410 and my 4.2 and they are starting to cut out randomly and I'm losing races and places because of it. I was asked by a couple of friends at the track if by any chance I was running Tekin ESC's and I said yes. They said for some reason some Tekins do that.

Having that in my head, I remembered and ran the stadium truck today to see if it would cut out because it has the Reventon R in it and it did not cut out at all.

I said I was going to look into glitch busters but he told me not to bother because he has them in both his 22's and they still cut out like that and he is changing to Hobbywing for all his stuff.

I'm going to contact Tekin on here and see what they say.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Odd question, but I wonder if B44.2 front arms might work on the DEX410 as RPM is now making arms for the B44.2? I contacted RPM and they have no plans to make Durango arms for that buggy.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

I'd just go with the new v4 arms, they should be stronger.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
I'd just go with the new v4 arms, they should be stronger.
They look identical with the exception of the captured hinge pin for the caster block and where they bubble out a bit to eliminate the two bottom spacers behind the lower shock eyelet. The plastic looks and feels identical. If Durango could do one thing, it would make the arms a bit less brittle particularly on these cold winter nights.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have had simular issues. One because of a bad power switch but also because of overheating. Put a fan at the solder posts and you will be fine.
Originally Posted by the incubus
My 410 was suddenly really rough sounding and pretty loud today. I am going to tear it down to bare bits on the 26th and clean every part off and rebuild my diffs with fresh oil and replace all the bearings. I've not done heavy maintenance in 5 months now. LOL

Question for you Tekin guys… Are any of you experiencing a random lull in transmission at any point and time? I run RS Pro's on my 410 and my 4.2 and they are starting to cut out randomly and I'm losing races and places because of it. I was asked by a couple of friends at the track if by any chance I was running Tekin ESC's and I said yes. They said for some reason some Tekins do that.

Having that in my head, I remembered and ran the stadium truck today to see if it would cut out because it has the Reventon R in it and it did not cut out at all.

I said I was going to look into glitch busters but he told me not to bother because he has them in both his 22's and they still cut out like that and he is changing to Hobbywing for all his stuff.

I'm going to contact Tekin on here and see what they say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.