Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:12 AM
  #1456  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Yes Grapejuice, it is a wrap.

Was able to put my order thru at Amain for my aluminum front hingepin holder. Came back in stock. Also ordered the pivot balls and the Carbon rear brace.

Now i just need the rest of the aluminum hinge pin holders to come back in stock!
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 08-31-2010, 01:48 PM
  #1457  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles, California USA
Posts: 79
Thumbs up Team Durango DEX410 Ceramic Bearing Kit

Yes we just released the Team Durango DEX410 Ceramic Bearing Kit. It will also fit the DEX410R. Only $89.99 with FREE worldwide shipping. Have you seen how this buggy jumps? Pretty amazing.
acerracing is offline  
Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 PM
  #1458  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Carlos69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 674
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by acerracing
Yes we just released the Team Durango DEX410 Ceramic Bearing Kit. It will also fit the DEX410R. Only $89.99 with FREE worldwide shipping. Have you seen how this buggy jumps? Pretty amazing.
What grade Si3N4 ?, greased or oiled ? steel seals ?... will you put out a Ti screw kit as well ?
Carlos69 is offline  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
  #1459  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by acerracing
Yes we just released the Team Durango DEX410 Ceramic Bearing Kit. It will also fit the DEX410R. Only $89.99 with FREE worldwide shipping. Have you seen how this buggy jumps? Pretty amazing.
Since this is the closest thing to shameless advertising I have seen in a forum, I must ask is ACER truly based in L.A.? Is that why they have such easy access to out-of-work pornstars to pose for their ads? I like me a pornstar just like the next guy but geez.

Although, $90 is not bad for ceramic. I have never ran ceramic, you guys? What about the ACER products??
dangerwr is offline  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM
  #1460  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I ran ceramics in my Odonnell buggy, and there was adifference, especially in the hubs. I didnt run them for the diff's.

I paid $300 for a set of Boca Orange Seal (the best you can buy) and they were well worth it. I wouldnt mind trying the Acer's... just havent heard much about them.
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:10 PM
  #1461  
Company Representative
iTrader: (5)
 
JoeNolasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Since this is the closest thing to shameless advertising I have seen in a forum, I must ask is ACER truly based in L.A.? Is that why they have such easy access to out-of-work pornstars to pose for their ads? I like me a pornstar just like the next guy but geez.

Although, $90 is not bad for ceramic. I have never ran ceramic, you guys? What about the ACER products??
Ceramics are best used for engines and motors. On chassis the benefits are super minimal, except in touring car/pan car applications and even then you would need to remove the seals, blow the grease/oil out and then re-oil them with a super light oil every run....to notice any difference on track.

That being said, you certainly won't harm your car by using good ceramic bearings like the acer ones.

Acer is top notch, I use their diff balls in my onroad stuff all the time!
JoeNolasco is offline  
Old 08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
  #1462  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeNolasco
Ceramics are best used for engines and motors. On chassis the benefits are super minimal, except in touring car/pan car applications and even then you would need to remove the seals, blow the grease/oil out and then re-oil them with a super light oil every run....to notice any difference on track.

That being said, you certainly won't harm your car by using good ceramic bearings like the acer ones.

Acer is top notch, I use their diff balls in my onroad stuff all the time!
Yeah, that is what I gathered from 8th scale off-road--mainly used in engines and the like. Thanks!
dangerwr is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
  #1463  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t8rtot
...And that was on a revised part issue, there is already an upgraded part to fix the issue, hence no reason for them to replace them
What? That makes no sense. Durango builds a faulty part that effects a huge number of their customers (every review I've read broke the front outer brace the first day it was run on the track) and they don't need to replace it because they sell an aluminum part that actually works? How does that make sense to you.

I'm sure Durango will replace that part if you just ask them and explain what happened. It's overwhelmingly clear that this is their fault.
mdowney is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 AM
  #1464  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
rfleck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

I'm sure Durango will replace that part if you just ask them and explain what happened. It's overwhelmingly clear that this is their fault.[/QUOTE]

For score and 50 replacements later?
rfleck is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 11:27 AM
  #1465  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

If you placed a backorder at AMain... the aluminum front hinge pin braces are in.... get em while you can!


I will be running the car for the first time Friday... cannot wait!
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 12:05 PM
  #1466  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
If you placed a backorder at AMain... the aluminum front hinge pin braces are in.... get em while you can!
I back-ordered the front outer and front inner but they only show the outer as being available. Did you get the inner as well? No big deal for me because the outer is the most important of the two, IMO.
mdowney is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 12:25 PM
  #1467  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

The inner is still on backorder

Going to get that, and the rear inner as soon as it also comes in. I want both!!!
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 12:34 PM
  #1468  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (23)
 
bigBoyBigToy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: STL
Posts: 2,926
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

just banking on the outer to hold up imo wont work cuz every hit to the front messes with both...i would not just try to run the outer without the inner jmo
bigBoyBigToy is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 12:40 PM
  #1469  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Well, everyone i have talked to said the outer is the MAIN upgrade. THe inner will be upgraded as soon as someone gets one in.

I also ordered a carbon rear brace. Stiffen it up just a little bit, and it looks dang good.

I am wondering... how/where is everyone running their steering servo leads...? Cant figure out a good place to run it through the steering rack.

Also, anyone running any fans for a motor or speedo?
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 01:29 PM
  #1470  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (152)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
just banking on the outer to hold up imo wont work cuz every hit to the front messes with both...i would not just try to run the outer without the inner jmo
I think the inner will be okay because it only gets damaged when the out is broken....finally broke mine , but I clipped a small hole on the straight away wall at speed just right and it just ripped the whole right front off the car...lol (pieces of wood stuck on the wheel too).
The inner mount on mine just got a little wallowed out when the front broke and that whole side came off...just my 2 cents but I will still get the inner when they are available, I am hoping since amain got some outers that mine thats on back order with HRP will be showing up next order!!

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Well, everyone i have talked to said the outer is the MAIN upgrade. THe inner will be upgraded as soon as someone gets one in.

I also ordered a carbon rear brace. Stiffen it up just a little bit, and it looks dang good.

I am wondering... how/where is everyone running their steering servo leads...? Cant figure out a good place to run it through the steering rack.

Also, anyone running any fans for a motor or speedo?
Look at the picks of my car, not sure if you can see it but I went around the back of the servo to the left side (non servo saver side), then along the front of the servo to the reciever.

As for fans, you can really only fit one on the speedo, no room for one on the motor I think. I'm not running one right now because I blew my LRP fan up at the shootout and have not got another one yet, no over heating issues but the speedo does get warmer then usual.
grapejuice is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.