Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

YouTube has some good ones
Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Just letting u guys know that I have two 6.5 tekin motors. One in my ride and one spare....dont need the second one and Ive listed it in the F/S threads. If anyone wants it...60 shipped. Jump on it...Jump on it...lol
Old 08-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shirk
The non-r comes with them so yes, That part is really weak. I was driving a buddys rango and landed a jump perfectly on the downside and it broke....
If it broke landing a jump perfectly, it was cracked from a previous wreck and just happen to come apart after the force of the landing, sorry, theres just no way it would break from just landing a jump. Just finished running a couple more packs on mine with no problems, we have a big triple right now and landed a little past the landing a couple times on the front end.

Ran the side weights too for the first time, seemed to take a little of the twitchy fast steering out of the car and the rearend felt real solid. I did also go to light green springs in the rear and black in the front at the same time, car felt real good and consistant.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
If it broke landing a jump perfectly, it was cracked from a previous wreck and just happen to come apart after the force of the landing, sorry, theres just no way it would break from just landing a jump. Just finished running a couple more packs on mine with no problems, we have a big triple right now and landed a little past the landing a couple times on the front end.

Ran the side weights too for the first time, seemed to take a little of the twitchy fast steering out of the car and the rearend felt real solid. I did also go to light green springs in the rear and black in the front at the same time, car felt real good and consistant.
I think it was broken before I drove it....
Old 08-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
YouTube has some good ones
Yea i saw those. Just hoping for some more during race conditions, battling friends or foe. LOL. I need more encouragement to get me a 410 so it's ready by winter time.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by air8
Yea i saw those. Just hoping for some more during race conditions, battling friends or foe. LOL. I need more encouragement to get me a 410 so it's ready by winter time.
There's one on youtube called tonys bitchin durango dex...That was me driving the car for the first time on a BRUTAL outdoor track. Its amazing how it coped with the conditions of that track as its primarily and 8th scale track. 10th scale cars get hammered there
Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This buggy has an uncanny ability to land rubber side down. Sorry I don't have any video to show you, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Anyone with comments on the sway bars? So far I have not used them.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shirk
I think it was broken before I drove it....
That makes more sense
Old 08-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Shock oils anyone? Running indoor clay. Working on building my kit and want to get a decent start on setup

Thanks!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Grapejuice has a bead on it but know I am gonna start Losi 40W in front w/ black springs and 35W out back w/ lime green springs . . .
Old 08-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Shock oils anyone? Running indoor clay. Working on building my kit and want to get a decent start on setup

Thanks!!!
Try mine it feels great im on the same track conditions,...black springs all around...stck pistons, 45wt losi up front, 35-37 in rear blk springs as well. stock settings for camber, toe and shock positions. Roll center is also in stock. This is from a team driver who advised me. As u drive make sure u do one change at a time...the car responds instantly...The only thing I messed with was shock positioning...oh and diff oils are 10k front and 5 k rear....I personally am going to try 7k front as it was pushing slightly but its a safe setup. Losi bk bars in the rear in pink compound and panther bobcat 2 4wd fronts with trinity bomb one inserts. Or u can do the proline suburbs all around in MC compound wit hthe trinity inserts. The team driver said that the suburbs all around produce the best all around grip, so Id do that. Good luck and enjoy the best 4wd ever made lol.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
a turnbuckle with no threads now that would really upset me hmmmm and those diff gears stripping now there had to be something done for that to happen u would notice that perdy quick,now the front hinge pin holder sounds like a weak spot so far wow!!! i guess i better order some parts thats for sure if i keep hearing these night mares
oneside threaded turnbuckle?got one two!two factory team turnbuckle had to take there place for now.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Hello guys I am thining of picking up a Durango for this upcoming indoor Winter season. I am just a little curious if the original DEX410 is worth the additional money? I don't mind paying for quality but only if that quality can be useful. I guess my question is DEX410 or the DEX410R? If the original version is worth the cash that is what I will do but I don't want to spend that much more just for bling factor. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Hello guys I am thining of picking up a Durango for this upcoming indoor Winter season. I am just a little curious if the original DEX410 is worth the additional money? I don't mind paying for quality but only if that quality can be useful. I guess my question is DEX410 or the DEX410R? If the original version is worth the cash that is what I will do but I don't want to spend that much more just for bling factor. Thanks in advance.
I personally don't think its worth to get the original as some flex is beneficial to handling. I believe the original is probably alittle sharper because of less chassis flex buti can't see what else the added benefits would be.

Besides u can upgrade at any time. The only things I upgraded were the rubber shock boots, and the rubber boots that go on the front and rear drive shafts to keep everything clean. Also the front on the "R" needs the aluminum FF brace that holds the hinge pins as the plastic brace is pretty much defective and breaks with a stare

I would also get the rear bulk head supports in aluminum as the review on oople.com suggests.

The original has CF front and rear towers. This can be good and bad but the R towers have more holes for adjustability and are very strong. So don't think just cuz they're aluminum they will not be up to the job. The CF ones are trick and less holes = less hassle with setup IMO but also are not necessary and change nothing in terms of handling, however if I'm not mistaken they are lower so MAYBE the car stays more planted? Maybe yes maybe no....is that worth 650USD...not in my opinion. U can always buy them separately for like 25USD and fine tune to ur liking.

That's pretty much it. The added benefit is you have 2 configurations to chooase from and you can have the parts on the side at any time to fine tune.

Bottom line, either way u go ull be good. This car is awesome.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Not going to lie. This is one tough build. The plastic is harder to thread than the old Losi stifezel plastic

But wow. The fit and finish is second to none for an off road car. I am building with ti screws and the rubber boots for the shocks and axles.

So far my order list will be the aluminum hinge pin mounts, the carbon towers and the carbon rear brace. Then I think k will just drive this bad boy!!!

I will post pics tonight when the build is done!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.