Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 AM
  #14221  
P6
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

My 210 has the esc in the battery tray furthest to the right and the receiver in the right side pod the bec in the left side pod any it's almost perfect left to right balance
P6 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 02:38 PM
  #14222  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EvanAZ
Same here, have had it on my DESC410 for over 2 yrs. and not issues. Don't expect them to have an issue on the DEX.
So I'm not really sure why or how but I've totally stripped the screws on my Orion 8.5. It's near impossible to use the other holes in the can due to how tight things are on this car. Ugh I realize this is probably my fault somehow but has anyone else struggled with this part of the car? It's such a pain to try and get to the the motor mount screws. I need to make a short hex driver.
13Maschine is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 03:41 PM
  #14223  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
So I'm not really sure why or how but I've totally stripped the screws on my Orion 8.5. It's near impossible to use the other holes in the can due to how tight things are on this car. Ugh I realize this is probably my fault somehow but has anyone else struggled with this part of the car? It's such a pain to try and get to the the motor mount screws. I need to make a short hex driver.
Take off the 4 screws on bottom of chassis that holds the motor and spur mounts. Adjust pinion gap with spur still in mount. Its much quicker and more accurate
zzztech is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 05:09 PM
  #14224  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Project is starting to take shape. A little teaser pic.............

More to come in the next few days!
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-dexs1.jpeg  
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 05:34 PM
  #14225  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,053
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

What a race day!

First of all for anyone wanting to buy a JConcepts body for your 410... Don't!
I've been running one since I got my 410 and always thought it was hideous looking but today I ran my Kuhler body after finally painting it and it was such an improvement. Immediate I was 2 seconds a lap faster as the car was simply smooth in the air every time. It was such a joy to drive and it really added more all-around consistency. I usually average 6th - 8th (we usually have 12 cars every heats) and today I was 3rd in both heats and was running 2nd in the main and about to take first when I lost drive to the rear!!!

The rear outdrive retaining screw came off!!!

All in all it was the best day of racing I've experienced since I've come back to racing almost a year ago.

On top of that the body is just the best looking body in all of RC. It's a pain to trim the masking in certain areas but it is such a nice body. I got nothing but compliments and praise on my killer paint job which is an added bonus!












Enjoy!


As for the Vortex vs. Sweep wing... VORTEX 100%

As I suspected, the wicker panel at the very rear of the wing is set at too steep and angle. I have just a single wicker line left and on my 4.2 which is always well balanced and stable as all hell, was suddenly light up front. So much so that I popped wheelies easily coming down the front straight which my 4.2 has never done. In the air the sweep wing forced me to over correct via braking much more than I'm used to because otherwise the nose shoots right up. With the JC, ProLine and Vortex these things would not happen. With the 410 being considerably heavier, no front end kick up under power but aerial performance was similar with the sweep with a tendency for the nose to turn up a bit so a bit more correction to kiss the landings just right.

Bottom line, from here on out Vortex exclusively for me! It's the thickest of all the wings and maximizes performance over all the other ones.

Last edited by the incubus; 11-03-2013 at 05:48 PM.
the incubus is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 05:39 PM
  #14226  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: okc,ok
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

need setup help please. running on short very high grip track. 10-11 sec lap times. have bad prob with traction rolling. running same tires as fastest car. what setups should I look at ??
sgtlt is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:11 PM
  #14227  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (77)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

I love this car. Second day out and coming from a B44. This thing drives so smooth and fast. Holy cow it is indestructible. Got sideways out the face of a triple and had the cart wheel crash of a life time. The chassis flexed so much the mid to front outdrive popped out. Nothing else broke. It would have been a $40 crash in my B44.

I did get hit head on by 1/8th scale buggy and he broke my front shock tower. Good thing I had the spare composite one in my bag.
goin2drt is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:21 PM
  #14228  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sgtlt
need setup help please. running on short very high grip track. 10-11 sec lap times. have bad prob with traction rolling. running same tires as fastest car. what setups should I look at ??
Ride height? Springs? Oil???????
Konich is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:25 PM
  #14229  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (520)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,373
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by the incubus
What a race day!

First of all for anyone wanting to buy a JConcepts body for your 410... Don't!
I've been running one since I got my 410 and always thought it was hideous looking but today I ran my Kuhler body after finally painting it and it was such an improvement. Immediate I was 2 seconds a lap faster as the car was simply smooth in the air every time. It was such a joy to drive and it really added more all-around consistency. I usually average 6th - 8th (we usually have 12 cars every heats) and today I was 3rd in both heats and was running 2nd in the main and about to take first when I lost drive to the rear!!!

The rear outdrive retaining screw came off!!!

All in all it was the best day of racing I've experienced since I've come back to racing almost a year ago.

On top of that the body is just the best looking body in all of RC. It's a pain to trim the masking in certain areas but it is such a nice body. I got nothing but compliments and praise on my killer paint job which is an added bonus!



Enjoy!


As for the Vortex vs. Sweep wing... VORTEX 100%

As I suspected, the wicker panel at the very rear of the wing is set at too steep and angle. I have just a single wicker line left and on my 4.2 which is always well balanced and stable as all hell, was suddenly light up front. So much so that I popped wheelies easily coming down the front straight which my 4.2 has never done. In the air the sweep wing forced me to over correct via braking much more than I'm used to because otherwise the nose shoots right up. With the JC, ProLine and Vortex these things would not happen. With the 410 being considerably heavier, no front end kick up under power but aerial performance was similar with the sweep with a tendency for the nose to turn up a bit so a bit more correction to kiss the landings just right.

Bottom line, from here on out Vortex exclusively for me! It's the thickest of all the wings and maximizes performance over all the other ones.
Car looks great Rob, what an odd tire combo though..I have been running the bulldog bodies on mine, and have never really tried another type. Thanks for the update on the vortex vs. Sweep, I was a bit curious myself..
flame56mx is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:50 PM
  #14230  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,776
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Project is starting to take shape. A little teaser pic.............

More to come in the next few days!
Interested.
Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 PM
  #14231  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,053
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Car looks great Rob, what an odd tire combo though..I have been running the bulldog bodies on mine, and have never really tried another type. Thanks for the update on the vortex vs. Sweep, I was a bit curious myself..
Lol that tire combo was sick! Glued to the track like never before. Today my car fit the description of dialed! Lol
the incubus is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:15 PM
  #14232  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

LOOKS AWESOME ROB!!!!
13Maschine is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:16 PM
  #14233  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

especially the black "carbon fiber" paint section. Looks dope!
13Maschine is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:20 PM
  #14234  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zzztech
Take off the 4 screws on bottom of chassis that holds the motor and spur mounts. Adjust pinion gap with spur still in mount. Its much quicker and more accurate
Thanks for this, I was thinking that might be a better way.

I also made some shorty wrenches just in case anyone is curious the ProTeK wrenches are good for this as you don't have to cut them. Just create a new detent like I did here with a Dremel and push the shaft in about 3/4 of the way.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-img_2206.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-img_2211.jpg  
13Maschine is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:57 PM
  #14235  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
So I'm not really sure why or how but I've totally stripped the screws on my Orion 8.5. It's near impossible to use the other holes in the can due to how tight things are on this car. Ugh I realize this is probably my fault somehow but has anyone else struggled with this part of the car? It's such a pain to try and get to the the motor mount screws. I need to make a short hex driver.
I use basic 'L' shaped allen keys for doing the motor screws, haven't had an issue yet.
ekt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.