Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 04:09 PM
  #14056  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Reflexia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,429
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Indeed, the Azarashi looks wild.
Here

But the Bugel Boys also is quite roomy and simply sleek
Here
Reflexia is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 05:00 PM
  #14057  
Tech Master
iTrader: (140)
 
RC Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 1,759
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

I ended up picking up 2 DEX410's here on the board to finally get into racing and have spent hours and hours reading up on them and going through a large amount of the pages of the 410 thread. I've pretty much got one setup and ready to go but I'm still a little confused about some of the rear suspension adjustments.
On the one I am running, the rear suspension hanger (the piece on the very back of the car that holds the control arm hinge pins) is the 4 degree one (it has a "4" etched into it). The other car I have has the piece with the interchangeable inserts in it. Is this piece for adjusting rear toe, or anti-squat? Am I better off using the one with interchangeable inserts?
Are there options for the hanger for the front of the pins? If so are the pieces different or are there just different inserts? One of the cars I picked up looks to have an extreme amount of anti-squat dialed into it, the arms look pretty radically kicked up at the front.
Any suggestions for the rear setup? I'll be running on an intermediate clay track.
Thanks in advance guys.
RC Juice is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 05:33 PM
  #14058  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,391
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC Juice
I ended up picking up 2 DEX410's here on the board to finally get into racing and have spent hours and hours reading up on them and going through a large amount of the pages of the 410 thread. I've pretty much got one setup and ready to go but I'm still a little confused about some of the rear suspension adjustments.
On the one I am running, the rear suspension hanger (the piece on the very back of the car that holds the control arm hinge pins) is the 4 degree one (it has a "4" etched into it). The other car I have has the piece with the interchangeable inserts in it. Is this piece for adjusting rear toe, or anti-squat? Am I better off using the one with interchangeable inserts?
Are there options for the hanger for the front of the pins? If so are the pieces different or are there just different inserts? One of the cars I picked up looks to have an extreme amount of anti-squat dialed into it, the arms look pretty radically kicked up at the front.
Any suggestions for the rear setup? I'll be running on an intermediate clay track.
Thanks in advance guys.
Anti-Squat, Run the adustable RR hanger (assuming you have the parts to swap the inserts - TD330309). A detailed explanation of the inserts here: http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...quat-settings/

Check setups in http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-pits.php for a track surface similar to yours, and settings.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 01:07 AM
  #14059  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 463
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone make a alloy front bulk head set? Really just wanted the rear diff holder for the front diff, the one the front shock towers attaches too.
JoshC90 is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 02:06 AM
  #14060  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 623
Default

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Yeah look like it..

There are a bunch of new parts for the DEX410 kits if you start looking around on the web. From what I have seen on other websites. New U-joints and drive shafts, new front and rear arms (type b), new gearbox (type b), molded cross-pins for the diff.

I am sure there were some photos of the DEX410 seen with u-joints already.

I think most of the type b stuff is mainly a material change, maybe some added rigidity kinda like the 210 type b parts. Not sure about the geometry as I haven't seen any photos. And the Two way slipper which is already out.
Hello Dino_D,

I found a photo of Lutz's car at the worlds, where he was using the u-joints!
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-image.jpg  
micholix is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 10:12 AM
  #14061  
Tech Master
 
Dino_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Markham
Posts: 1,177
Default

Originally Posted by micholix
Hello Dino_D,

I found a photo of Lutz's car at the worlds, where he was using the u-joints!
Did you zoom in on the picture? Front and rear mid shafts are u-joints

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD310424

And if you look at the two way slipper that is already out on the TD website.
It indicates Used with: TD310424 - UJ MID-REAR & #TD310426
Dino_D is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 AM
  #14062  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (77)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

I just picked up one of these bad boys. Anyone have a good CURRENT set up for OCRC? Medium size track, smooth indoor clay, medium to high bite. Not sure if Carson W. frequents RCTech but I know he knows a thing or two about OCRC. All the set ups on the site are from 2011.

Thanks, looking forward to driving. Anything I need right out of the gate without reading 938 pages? Thanks.
goin2drt is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 11:20 AM
  #14063  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I just picked up one of these bad boys. Anyone have a good CURRENT set up for OCRC? Medium size track, smooth indoor clay, medium to high bite. Not sure if Carson W. frequents RCTech but I know he knows a thing or two about OCRC. All the set ups on the site are from 2011.

Thanks, looking forward to driving. Anything I need right out of the gate without reading 938 pages? Thanks.
Lookup www.petitrc.com and go to set ups. They have good clay set ups there.
knowitall156 is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 01:23 PM
  #14064  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
The Czechexican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I know some of you have grinded down the plastic sideplates to fit in the ecs and so on. Have any of you grinded down all the way to the edge? Or set the ecs on the plastic sideplate just a bit?
The Czechexican is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 07:03 PM
  #14065  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,058
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I just took down a single rib to make room for my receiver way up front, just behind the servo horn but I took it just to the edge of the side plate and no further.
the incubus is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM
  #14066  
Tech Master
iTrader: (140)
 
RC Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 1,759
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Anti-Squat, Run the adustable RR hanger (assuming you have the parts to swap the inserts - TD330309). A detailed explanation of the inserts here: http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...quat-settings/

Check setups in http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-pits.php for a track surface similar to yours, and settings.
So I'm still confused...

Take a look at this piece:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-DURANGO...#ht_901wt_1399

Why is it designated as a 3 degree unit if the inserts are adjustable? Is that referring to toe on this piece?

Sorry for the nagging questions but I don't get it.
RC Juice is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
  #14067  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (520)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,373
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC Juice
So I'm still confused...

Take a look at this piece:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-DURANGO...#ht_901wt_1399

Why is it designated as a 3 degree unit if the inserts are adjustable? Is that referring to toe on this piece?

Sorry for the nagging questions but I don't get it.
Yep, 3* toe in, the inserts will adjust up/down for anti-squat, but not in/out for toe..
flame56mx is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 03:59 AM
  #14068  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
The Czechexican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by the incubus
I just took down a single rib to make room for my receiver way up front, just behind the servo horn but I took it just to the edge of the side plate and no further.
Ok so to fit my orion in this thing I would have to cut all the way to the edge. So far I have cut to the edge of the chassis. If I cut anymore there would be a gap between the chassis and the edge of the plastic sideplates. Normal?
The Czechexican is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 04:32 AM
  #14069  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

There are a couple pics of an install with an Orion ESC here http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112711
ekt is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 AM
  #14070  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
The Czechexican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ekt
There are a couple pics of an install with an Orion ESC here http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112711
That's cool. But I cant put the caps on top of my Airtronics receiver. I have to put the caps behind the ESC next to the motor. And If I dont have the ESC all the way over to the edge of the sideplates, I cant mesh the pinion up with the spur even with a 24t because of the caps
The Czechexican is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.