Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Indeed, the Azarashi looks wild.
Here

But the Bugel Boys also is quite roomy and simply sleek
Here
Old 10-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I ended up picking up 2 DEX410's here on the board to finally get into racing and have spent hours and hours reading up on them and going through a large amount of the pages of the 410 thread. I've pretty much got one setup and ready to go but I'm still a little confused about some of the rear suspension adjustments.
On the one I am running, the rear suspension hanger (the piece on the very back of the car that holds the control arm hinge pins) is the 4 degree one (it has a "4" etched into it). The other car I have has the piece with the interchangeable inserts in it. Is this piece for adjusting rear toe, or anti-squat? Am I better off using the one with interchangeable inserts?
Are there options for the hanger for the front of the pins? If so are the pieces different or are there just different inserts? One of the cars I picked up looks to have an extreme amount of anti-squat dialed into it, the arms look pretty radically kicked up at the front.
Any suggestions for the rear setup? I'll be running on an intermediate clay track.
Thanks in advance guys.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Juice
I ended up picking up 2 DEX410's here on the board to finally get into racing and have spent hours and hours reading up on them and going through a large amount of the pages of the 410 thread. I've pretty much got one setup and ready to go but I'm still a little confused about some of the rear suspension adjustments.
On the one I am running, the rear suspension hanger (the piece on the very back of the car that holds the control arm hinge pins) is the 4 degree one (it has a "4" etched into it). The other car I have has the piece with the interchangeable inserts in it. Is this piece for adjusting rear toe, or anti-squat? Am I better off using the one with interchangeable inserts?
Are there options for the hanger for the front of the pins? If so are the pieces different or are there just different inserts? One of the cars I picked up looks to have an extreme amount of anti-squat dialed into it, the arms look pretty radically kicked up at the front.
Any suggestions for the rear setup? I'll be running on an intermediate clay track.
Thanks in advance guys.
Anti-Squat, Run the adustable RR hanger (assuming you have the parts to swap the inserts - TD330309). A detailed explanation of the inserts here: http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...quat-settings/

Check setups in http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-pits.php for a track surface similar to yours, and settings.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does anyone make a alloy front bulk head set? Really just wanted the rear diff holder for the front diff, the one the front shock towers attaches too.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dino_D
Yeah look like it..

There are a bunch of new parts for the DEX410 kits if you start looking around on the web. From what I have seen on other websites. New U-joints and drive shafts, new front and rear arms (type b), new gearbox (type b), molded cross-pins for the diff.

I am sure there were some photos of the DEX410 seen with u-joints already.

I think most of the type b stuff is mainly a material change, maybe some added rigidity kinda like the 210 type b parts. Not sure about the geometry as I haven't seen any photos. And the Two way slipper which is already out.
Hello Dino_D,

I found a photo of Lutz's car at the worlds, where he was using the u-joints!
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-image.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by micholix
Hello Dino_D,

I found a photo of Lutz's car at the worlds, where he was using the u-joints!
Did you zoom in on the picture? Front and rear mid shafts are u-joints

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD310424

And if you look at the two way slipper that is already out on the TD website.
It indicates Used with: TD310424 - UJ MID-REAR & #TD310426
Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I just picked up one of these bad boys. Anyone have a good CURRENT set up for OCRC? Medium size track, smooth indoor clay, medium to high bite. Not sure if Carson W. frequents RCTech but I know he knows a thing or two about OCRC. All the set ups on the site are from 2011.

Thanks, looking forward to driving. Anything I need right out of the gate without reading 938 pages? Thanks.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I just picked up one of these bad boys. Anyone have a good CURRENT set up for OCRC? Medium size track, smooth indoor clay, medium to high bite. Not sure if Carson W. frequents RCTech but I know he knows a thing or two about OCRC. All the set ups on the site are from 2011.

Thanks, looking forward to driving. Anything I need right out of the gate without reading 938 pages? Thanks.
Lookup www.petitrc.com and go to set ups. They have good clay set ups there.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know some of you have grinded down the plastic sideplates to fit in the ecs and so on. Have any of you grinded down all the way to the edge? Or set the ecs on the plastic sideplate just a bit?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just took down a single rib to make room for my receiver way up front, just behind the servo horn but I took it just to the edge of the side plate and no further.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Anti-Squat, Run the adustable RR hanger (assuming you have the parts to swap the inserts - TD330309). A detailed explanation of the inserts here: http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...quat-settings/

Check setups in http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-pits.php for a track surface similar to yours, and settings.
So I'm still confused...

Take a look at this piece:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-DURANGO...#ht_901wt_1399

Why is it designated as a 3 degree unit if the inserts are adjustable? Is that referring to toe on this piece?

Sorry for the nagging questions but I don't get it.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Juice
So I'm still confused...

Take a look at this piece:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-DURANGO...#ht_901wt_1399

Why is it designated as a 3 degree unit if the inserts are adjustable? Is that referring to toe on this piece?

Sorry for the nagging questions but I don't get it.
Yep, 3* toe in, the inserts will adjust up/down for anti-squat, but not in/out for toe..
Old 10-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the incubus
I just took down a single rib to make room for my receiver way up front, just behind the servo horn but I took it just to the edge of the side plate and no further.
Ok so to fit my orion in this thing I would have to cut all the way to the edge. So far I have cut to the edge of the chassis. If I cut anymore there would be a gap between the chassis and the edge of the plastic sideplates. Normal?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:32 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There are a couple pics of an install with an Orion ESC here http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112711
Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ekt
There are a couple pics of an install with an Orion ESC here http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112711
That's cool. But I cant put the caps on top of my Airtronics receiver. I have to put the caps behind the ESC next to the motor. And If I dont have the ESC all the way over to the edge of the sideplates, I cant mesh the pinion up with the spur even with a 24t because of the caps

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.