Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:05 PM
  #14026  
Tech Master
iTrader: (165)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,861
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Hey Chris, the gold 3mm locknuts I found once from ofna.
Thanks!

What about those gold spacers on the steering link?
Chris Gierse is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 03:06 PM
  #14027  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Lunsford ballcups, tie rods and ball studs. Car is tough as nails then. I run the xb4 now but kinda wish I had my 410 back. Not that I don't like the xb4 its that I do like the 410. If that makes sense.
I knows what you mean! LOL

I've had my eye on an XB4 and the new HB413 but I don't want to sell my 410 without running one of those other 2 for a bit. Would hate to lose so much on my 410 and then have to go back out of pocket for one of the others to then lose more to buy another 410 if I find I don't like those others as much as my 410.


Dilemmas, dilemmas. LOL
the incubus is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 03:27 PM
  #14028  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
Can anyone give me the part number for the spacers used on the servo link in this picture? Also, does anyone have a part number for the gold lock nuts on this car?

Hi Chris, that is my car. The nuts I used http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-Nuts-Gold-10 and the spacers http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Shim-Orange-10
ekt is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 04:28 PM
  #14029  
Tech Master
iTrader: (165)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,861
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ekt
Thanks! The car looks great.
Chris Gierse is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM
  #14030  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by the incubus
I knows what you mean! LOL

I've had my eye on an XB4 and the new HB413 but I don't want to sell my 410 without running one of those other 2 for a bit. Would hate to lose so much on my 410 and then have to go back out of pocket for one of the others to then lose more to buy another 410 if I find I don't like those others as much as my 410.


Dilemmas, dilemmas. LOL
Love the XB4!! Seriously considered it before I picked up the DEX410v3. The 199 price tag is really what sealed the deal for me....also the fact that already have a DEX210 that I love.

Hot Bodies looks awesome too.

I haven't finished my build and I haven't driven mine yet so I'll hold back on my comments for now!
13Maschine is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 AM
  #14031  
Tech Master
iTrader: (165)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,861
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

I see on a lot of the setup sheets guys are using 2, 3 and 4 hole pistons. Are these Avid pistons? What seems to be the best piston to use in the front and rear shocks?
Chris Gierse is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM
  #14032  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Tdiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, California
Posts: 346
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=the incubus;12630994]pferris,

I run the ones from the R version and they don't pop off at all and I've taken some nasty tumbles and even snapped an arm and the cups held strong. If you can't locate those I'd strongly recommend you go with the TLR ones as they are among the most precise fitting cups I've ever used. So much so I replaced all the stock ones and RPM ones on my 4.2 to TLR cups and balls all around and it removed all the annoying slop and no more popping off.[/QUOTE

TLR ball cups and ball studs are really nice. Another good option from TLR is the titanium ball studs. They aren't that expensive.
Tdiddy is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 AM
  #14033  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tdiddy
pferris,

I run the ones from the R version and they don't pop off at all and I've taken some nasty tumbles and even snapped an arm and the cups held strong. If you can't locate those I'd strongly recommend you go with the TLR ones as they are among the most precise fitting cups I've ever used. So much so I replaced all the stock ones and RPM ones on my 4.2 to TLR cups and balls all around and it removed all the annoying slop and no more popping off.[/QUOTE

TLR ball cups and ball studs are really nice. Another good option from TLR is the titanium ball studs. They aren't that expensive.
umm... $60 for 12 ball studs that's maybe 5-10g lighter, and not any stronger? regular ones are good enough.

Personally I don't like TLR ball cups, they are good when they are new, last about 1-2months, then all kinds of sloop. Good price, works, but quality/durability-wise there's better.
nicholasxuu is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 03:13 PM
  #14034  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (520)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,373
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
I see on a lot of the setup sheets guys are using 2, 3 and 4 hole pistons. Are these Avid pistons? What seems to be the best piston to use in the front and rear shocks?
There are a few different options, Durango sells a "spec b" shock piston set, and the also have some tapered pistons that are a little more $. I use 2 hole 1.6 up front, and 2 hole 1.7 in the rear, 35w losi oil for both.
flame56mx is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 PM
  #14035  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,776
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

I really have been liking Lutz recent setup using 2x1.6 in the front and 3x1.5 in the rear. A little thicker front shock oil but but drives and jumps the big and little stuff great.
Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM
  #14036  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
I see on a lot of the setup sheets guys are using 2, 3 and 4 hole pistons. Are these Avid pistons? What seems to be the best piston to use in the front and rear shocks?
The 2, 3 or 4 hole setups are just regular pistons with some holes sealed or drilled blanks. TD have release a type b piston set that has some of the more popular piston sizes, if you don't want to got to the effort of drilling/sealing http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDNVK&P=7. For a list of other piston options available, check out my site http://durangofansite.com/main.php?v...shocks-pistons
ekt is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 03:34 PM
  #14037  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
I see on a lot of the setup sheets guys are using 2, 3 and 4 hole pistons. Are these Avid pistons? What seems to be the best piston to use in the front and rear shocks?
I'd recommend you to get to this page:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...oDEX410v3.html

then find the surface close to your local track,
then try to find videos of that particular race, check the surface condition and jump sizes/types (i.e. big jump with flat landing, big jump with smooth downhill landing, small jumps, etc...).
find the closest one and try as a base setup.
if there are several choices, choose the latest one.

merge in some of your own understanding (i.e. personal favor of general diff setup), and you'd probably end up with some adjustments as well (i.e. my local track has a sweeper with some bumps, thinner rear shock oil helps the rear to hold better).

personally I ended up with 1.6x2 losi 45wt front & 1.6x3 losi 30wt rear. drilled my own piston with a drill bit.
nicholasxuu is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 05:51 PM
  #14038  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,175
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

1/16(edit) bits are what 1.5 if you drill your own? At any rate from the kits and things I've bought in my box I have 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 6hole and from there I use some small zip ties and my soldering iron to melt the holes closed to make what I want. With the buggy 1.4 x4 is nice front and rear then just dial in your thickness to fit track features. Great pack, just a nice feel. I did try the other setups and didn't like them as much. With the desc410 the 1.2x4 all around is awesome, honestly with the desc210 I love my 1.2x6 all the way around and just run my oils a little thick at 45/40.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 10-16-2013 at 03:01 AM.
8ight-e is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 PM
  #14039  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (520)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,373
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
1/8 bits are what 1.5 if you drill your own? At any rate from the kits and things I've bought in my box I have 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 6hole and from there I use some small zip ties and my soldering iron to melt the holes closed to make what I want. With the buggy 1.4 x4 is nice front and rear then just dial in your thickness to fit track features. Great pack, just a nice feel. I did try the other setups and didn't like them as much. With the desc410 the 1.2x4 all around is awesome, honestly with the desc210 I love my 1.2x6 all the way around and just run my oils a little thick at 45/40.
Actually 1/16 is 1.59mm on the chart I have..
flame56mx is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 PM
  #14040  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
umm... $60 for 12 ball studs that's maybe 5-10g lighter, and not any stronger? regular ones are good enough.

Personally I don't like TLR ball cups, they are good when they are new, last about 1-2months, then all kinds of sloop. Good price, works, but quality/durability-wise there's better.
Idk what you're doing but I have never had TLR cups develop slop. The shitty sliderack, now that POS develops slop in no time and requires constant replacement.
the incubus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.