Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:02 AM
  #13351  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by symmetricon
yes, rsd speedway is only carpet. we do have an excellent 1/8 clay track that is covered.....
Sweet! I'm heading down to San Antonio next weekend for round 3 of the EOS. I haven't gotten an 1/8th scale yet. I might have to bring my DEX410 with me when if I come in October. Only driven my F1 on carpet, it'll be interesting.
TLRrunner is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:08 AM
  #13352  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
Sweet! I'm heading down to San Antonio next weekend for round 3 of the EOS. I haven't gotten an 1/8th scale yet. I might have to bring my DEX410 with me when if I come in October. Only driven my F1 on carpet, it'll be interesting.
with the right setup the dex is amazing on carpet. put jorn's carpet setup and you'll be ready!
symmetricon is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 AM
  #13353  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (57)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,673
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Still against my better judgment but with all the new DEX410 owners jumping on, why not share?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/tresrey-...-giveaway.html
shagino is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:18 PM
  #13354  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

I am thinking about buying a 4wd Durango 1/10 buggy. Someone told me it's kind of a hassle to change the batteries. I saw one video where the driver removed the spur gear to change the batteries. Was that correct? How much of a hassle is it to change the batteries? Thanks for your help.
MD is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 PM
  #13355  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
BillyT.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,912
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
Sweet! I'm heading down to San Antonio next weekend for round 3 of the EOS. I haven't gotten an 1/8th scale yet. I might have to bring my DEX410 with me when if I come in October. Only driven my F1 on carpet, it'll be interesting.
Originally Posted by symmetricon
with the right setup the dex is amazing on carpet. put jorn's carpet setup and you'll be ready!
Turf in dallas soon! We are all getting DEX 410s too... Gonna be a blast!
BillyT. is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 PM
  #13356  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
SUPERLOOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dalton,Ga
Posts: 2,238
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MD
I am thinking about buying a 4wd Durango 1/10 buggy. Someone told me it's kind of a hassle to change the batteries. I saw one video where the driver removed the spur gear to change the batteries. Was that correct? How much of a hassle is it to change the batteries? Thanks for your help.
You do need to remove the center diff to change the battery. If you have the pin fitment correct it is very easy to change. Like less than 30 seconds tops.
SUPERLOOPER is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 PM
  #13357  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
You do need to remove the center diff to change the battery. If you have the pin fitment correct it is very easy to change. Like less than 30 seconds tops.
^^^ This!

People today are so darned lazy it's ridiculous. It might take you 3 times, if that to get the hang of it. You pull the Slipper retaining pin, remove the cover and slipper assembly, then remove the battery brace pin and slide out the batteries, slide fresh set in, Pin, drop in slipper and cover lining up driveshafts, slide pin and you're done.

Takes a bit more than double the time it took you to read this.
the incubus is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 01:20 PM
  #13358  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by the incubus
^^^ This!

People today are so darned lazy it's ridiculous. It might take you 3 times, if that to get the hang of it. You pull the Slipper retaining pin, remove the cover and slipper assembly, then remove the battery brace pin and slide out the batteries, slide fresh set in, Pin, drop in slipper and cover lining up driveshafts, slide pin and you're done.

Takes a bit more than double the time it took you to read this.
I am lazy, no doubt it. But, I haven't owned a Durango before and I just wanted to check. I have B44 and putting lipo packs in it is a pain. I saw the video about changing the packs in a Durango. There are a few steps, but I don't think it's any more time consuming than the B44.
MD is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:11 PM
  #13359  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (294)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 34,395
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Assuming all ROAR saddles fit right?

Also, seen pics of guys using Shorties, where is this an advantage over the saddles?
Cain is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 PM
  #13360  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Reduces and centers the weight is my guess, and to be honest, as beastly fantastic as this car is, it can stand to shed a bit of weight.
the incubus is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 PM
  #13361  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DeSoto MO
Posts: 255
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain
Assuming all ROAR saddles fit right?

Also, seen pics of guys using Shorties, where is this an advantage over the saddles?
For me the main advantage is that I don't have to buy saddle packs. I already had a handful of shorties since that's what I run in my 2wheeler.
rnpnick is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:28 PM
  #13362  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
The Czechexican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
8.5 is fine, 10.5 is also a good starting point for this buggy. Drives pretty cool but decently fast on a small track.

Watch the temps on the RS. An RS-Pro is more ideal for 4WD Buggy.
Yeah for sure I want a RS pro and I have a 6.5 in the box right now. Just hoping I could get away with set up for now And use the 6.5 for outdoor
The Czechexican is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:45 PM
  #13363  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

This is a question for Durango drivers that have owned B44's. Is the Durango less durable than the Associated buggy? Thanks.
MD is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:47 PM
  #13364  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Reflexia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,429
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
You do need to remove the center diff to change the battery. If you have the pin fitment correct it is very easy to change. Like less than 30 seconds tops.
You can also do what I did and modify they battery strap. I have split it where the drive shaft goes (so cut the middle section away at the front and back ). This still holds the battery down fine, and I can now swap out the batteries without removing any of the drive line (they slide one at a time out the front near the spur). This was on a V3.

Saddles themselves are still a pain in terms of number of wires, but that's universal.

I've found my shorties are ok life time wise ( 3800/4200mah ) but I find the saddles give just that little extra push
Reflexia is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM
  #13365  
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,936
Default

iam thinking to tray one but don't know love my 44.2
vito is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.