Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Geez! I think I am moving to STL? Seattle I hope . . .
Lets go Danger

We can blast out there in the Z
Old 08-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Well, I know i am now waiting for hte 210R.

That thing is GLUED to the track. Cant wait to see it on dirt!

Ordering my 410R next week. Cant wait! Going to run Tekin system with Murfdogg motors, a SR3500 RX, and cant find/figure out which battery to run....
The new racers edge pack fits like a glove 5200 ma 45c
Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by O'donnell racer
Yeah, the ProTek saddle packs fit but you have to make sure the batt strap is adjusted to the highest position. I also had to dremel mine just a little bit at the hinge.

The Thunder Powers do NOT fit at all, btw.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by O'donnell racer
+1
That's what I have in mine as well
Old 08-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Anybody Know the Spring rates for this car I would think they are in order of stiffness in the pictures but which way? Would like to go one rate stiffer than the stock blue front and light blue rear.
i made a nice medium order today for more parts for the Rango i order the front dark red springs and rear light red springs thats the next stiffest spring for both looking foward to trying them.. i also orederd the carbon fiber rear brace and all the pins for the shafts and what not and set screws and pivot balls thruout the whole car i perdy much have every spare part in my arsenal now lol.... i also orderd me 2 sets of rt5 wheels and a set of dd's and taper pins for the rt5 talk about dialed
Old 08-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
i made a nice medium order today for more parts for the Rango i order the front dark red springs and rear light red springs thats the next stiffest spring for both looking foward to trying them.. i also orederd the carbon fiber rear brace and all the pins for the shafts and what not and set screws and pivot balls thruout the whole car i perdy much have every spare part in my arsenal now lol.... i also orderd me 2 sets of rt5 wheels and a set of dd's and taper pins for the rt5 talk about dialed
Let me know how the carbon fiber brace works. I just order the plastic set for my O.E. DEX. I want to see if I can get some more flex. If not, the car already handles mint...
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Let me know how the carbon fiber brace works. I just order the plastic set for my O.E. DEX. I want to see if I can get some more flex. If not, the car already handles mint...
will do sir!!

its way early but this car is amazing!!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I put the plastic sides on mine tonight. There seems to be alittle more flex in the chassis when I twist it. Now we will have to see how much of a difference there is on the track. They also weigh .009lbs. less than the aluminum ones. The plastic was .094 and the aluminum was .103lbs.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

I broke the plastic front outer suspension brace after only a few laps. Durango needs to get their shiz together and send a batch out to A Main for us. We need the front CF shock tower too.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mdowney
I broke the plastic front outer suspension brace after only a few laps. Durango needs to get their shiz together and send a batch out to A Main for us. We need the front CF shock tower too.
Haven't you heard that plastic breaks ? Why would Durango need to correct someones driving mistakes by sending free parts ? If you feel the plastic ones are too weak for "your driving style" then get the alu pieces and be done with that. If you keep the car between the pipes and not cartwheeling on full speed the parts will hold.

Regarding CF towers you can use the full spec towers. Imho the R model has more holes in tower than is needed.

Then what we've found with the plastic side rails you should use the CF rear brace as with bigger impacts or track with 1/8 scale jumps it's possible that the chassis bends so much that it can break the plastic brace.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
I received my aluminum suspension mounts and front C/F shock tower yesterday, I ordered direct from Durango. I would of thought A main would have these parts in stock by now, seeing they're available.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Haven't you heard that plastic breaks ? Why would Durango need to correct someones driving mistakes by sending free parts ? If you feel the plastic ones are too weak for "your driving style" then get the alu pieces and be done with that. If you keep the car between the pipes and not cartwheeling on full speed the parts will hold.

Regarding CF towers you can use the full spec towers. Imho the R model has more holes in tower than is needed.

Then what we've found with the plastic side rails you should use the CF rear brace as with bigger impacts or track with 1/8 scale jumps it's possible that the chassis bends so much that it can break the plastic brace.
First of all, the brace broke after landing a jump cleanly - and if you read through this thread you'll find that they are breaking like they're made of styrofoam. It's a quality issue, my friend.

Second, I never said I wanted a free one. If you had read this thread you'd see that A Main has been out of the aluminum part since the car came out and they apparently have an exclusive on Durango parts in the US for some period of time. So what I'm saying is that Durango needs to ship the more sturdy aluminum parts to A Main so we can buy them without paying the $30 overseas shipping rate.

The front CF tower is just a hop-up that I'd like to have and A Main doesn't even have it listed in their system, let alone in stock.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

It's official. Ordering a Durango. Just ordered a few parts for it, and having my LHS order my rango on Monday!

1 x TDR330018 Team Durango Front Shock Boot Set (2) $2.99
1 x TDR330017 Team Durango Rear Shock Boot Set (2) $2.99
1 x TDR510003 Team Durango Rear Wheel Set (White) (2) $4.99
1 x TDR310023 Team Durango Driveshaft Wheel Axle Boot Set (2) $2.99
1 x TDR510002 Team Durango Front Wheel Set (White) (2) $4.99
2 x TDR310022 Team Durango Driveshaft Outdrive Boot Set (2)

Cant wait!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Finally got my R on the track yesterday and it's got a ton of steering. It turns like my 2wd. I didn't get to turn many laps before my front brace flexed and allowed the kingpin to pop out, but the stock diff fluids are too thin for a short, high traction track.

A little more traction out back, and this thing will be dialed.

edit: Do you guys use the plastic rear skid plate? It's already starting to trap a lot of dirt underneath.

edit #2: When you use the driveshaft boots do they protect the bearings on the outdrives (the ones in the diff cases)?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Finally got my R on the track yesterday and it's got a ton of steering. It turns like my 2wd. I didn't get to turn many laps before my front brace flexed and allowed the kingpin to pop out, but the stock diff fluids are too thin for a short, high traction track.

A little more traction out back, and this thing will be dialed.

edit: Do you guys use the plastic rear skid plate? It's already starting to trap a lot of dirt underneath.
Try the brass rear weight, it'll make the rear more planted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.