Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Rookie

yogii is correct, me and my friends just built 3 v3. 2 of the cars had badly machined front and rear input shafts. the cvd would not go on them with out a little grinding. mine had burrs inside the cvd where you set screw them to the same shaft. our instructions were also wrong in several spots, luckily we are experienced at building cars and helis and just figured it out.

several screw lenghts were also wrong. some too short, some too long.

over all, it is a nicely built kit, but some beginners might have a few issues to solve.

Dave
Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If your diffs are not smooth then they are not built correctly or contain incorrectly machined parts it is that simple. Post some pics or a better description of the problem. The diff build guide on the site is pretty good. Make sure sun gear is fully seated on the out drive.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

I have to agree, I have been running the cars for a few years now and every defect part has been replaced no ?s contact GP
Old 04-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
If your diffs are not smooth then they are not built correctly or contain incorrectly machined parts it is that simple.
I had the same issue and question as he did awhile back, but didnt know if it was normal or wrongly assembled. It basically resembled a slight "clicking" feel if I manually turned the shafts...

It turns out this went away after a few runs and just needed to be broken in.. But i would double check the assembly, and make sure the gears dont have any big burrs...
. The diff build guide on the site is pretty good. Make sure sun gear is fully seated on the out drive.
Very important! I actually didnt realise this when installling my D-joints, and could tell som ething was wrong after a quick driveway test.... Tore it apart and double checked the measurement... adjusted and problem was fixed.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have over a saturated on the amount of play there is there on the rear axle bearing hubs, it just seems like a bit much. But then I also think the front is a little tight, very little. Im sure as the car wares in it will be perfect.
I have the rear aluminum hoop in mine already. I didn't know that had a front ring, who carries it?
Ware the center drive lines attach to the pinion on the diff, I believe they call it a driveshaft gear input, pages 38 & 39 of the manual the cup seats on the pinion, at that point there is a notch on the pinion to be lock to the driveshaft cup (in parts manual they call this driveshaft gear input) at this point there is set screw you put in here. Mine would not allow me to screw it in all the way. The pinion would not go in all the way. So I took and dremel the cup, the end that attaches to the pinion and drive shaft. It took a little while to get clean up so the set screw would run all the way in. This part attaches to the center drive line.
I just witch my batteries ware here so I could test it out.
My diff do not bind at all they are a little rolly, but that will ware in. I have all ready order new complete set to have ready built with the new mechine gears. All my other cars have extra diff and trany for them.
I think if your a racer its part of it. Having extra parts. Just not sure what will make car better, I have not run it.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

For what it is worth, I have never witnessed a failure of the front diff hoop. I am fairly sure I have broken every part possible in an actual racing scenario.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

As far as steering aluminum I have them all. well arm wise. Thats all ways a + in my book, for all cars.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys
Sorry because i posted this first at the Intel forum by mistake.

i'm planing to get a new 1/10 scale electric buggy and the dex410 is among my options.
my question is why team durango discontinued the dex410v3 with R version although it appears lower in hop ups high grade parts ?

i'm a basher ( not a racer at all ) and need to know what is the top speed i can get with it ?

Thanks for all : )
Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Desert Runner
Hi guys
Sorry because i posted this first at the Intel forum by mistake.

i'm planing to get a new 1/10 scale electric buggy and the dex410 is among my options.
my question is why team durango discontinued the dex410v3 with R version although it appears lower in hop ups high grade parts ?

i'm a basher ( not a racer at all ) and need to know what is the top speed i can get with it ?

Thanks for all : )
I can't comment on the top speed the buggy can reach, would depend on what motor/gearing/tires/surface. The DEX410Rv3 isn't discontinued, the only discontinued ones are the original DEX410 and DEX410R.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

It was a typo. i aplogize.
so would this buggy accomedate any 540 can from castle ?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:17 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Don't know much about castle motors but motors with a 36mm diameter and around 53mm long(can be slightly longer) look to be close to the limit for fitment.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ekt
Don't know much about castle motors but motors with a 36mm diameter and around 53mm long(can be slightly longer) look to be close to the limit for fitment.
do you think that 69mm motor will not fit ?
i'll be thankful if you give me the exact maximum length of the motor's position so i can be sure if a 69mm will fit or not .
Old 04-08-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desert Runner
do you think that 69mm motor will not fit ?
i'll be thankful if you give me the exact maximum length of the motor's position so i can be sure if a 69mm will fit or not .
69mm will not fit. You have approximately 60mm of room.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
69mm will not fit. You have approximately 60mm of room.
thanks symmetricon : )
i'm always doing extreme projects, and my next project is placing 4S compatable motor in this buggy and it appears that it's quiet diffecult to do so but i'm going to look for a shorter motor and i wish if anyone got some info about if there's a motor can fit this buggy and can run on 4S at the same time.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've run the CM36 series of motors in it (4600kv and 5700kv), fits fine, except the side screws limit your ability to mount some angles.

I've run the 1406 and 1410 motors in there. They are not long, but standard 36mm.

I shimmed the motor mount with .5mm spacers to make it higher, as the mounting screws were getting to hard to change around with certain angles ( for certain pinions).
Currently running 3800 Quad in there. can't run any of the quads with the Sidewinder ESC, but no probs with the MMP.

So I guess you could get the 4600kv CM36 motor and crank up the 4s. Or get a HobbyWing blue ribbed can, would fit fine.
Seems overkill tho, these are lightning fast as is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.