Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Your gearing seems reasonable assuming your motor is in the normal range; e.g. 6.5 - 8.5. I'm not very good at computing Kv to winds.

Make sure you have vents cut out in your body. It helps.
anyone have the picture of the body ??
i want cut out my body too..

im suck with the cable management..
or anyone have idea what body is better to cooling the speed control ??
Old 03-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am continuing to get my car dialed in more and more, and am almost there.. 2 issues still (kind of) remain..

1) coming out of a tight turn and when I apply throttle, it still does a bit of fishtailing..

someone recommended I change my 7k front/7k rear to 3K or 5K in the rear to increase traction, and that running equal diffs was very "aggressive" and for more experienced drivers.. any input?

2) when coming off a jump and into a turn when I slow down to take the turn, it sometimes rolls over... One of the guys at the track said my back end seemd to rotate back and forth too much, and said the -2 camber I had didnt seem to work b/c when he twisted the chassis/suspension back and forth (sumulating a turn) the outer edge of the rear tire was making the most contact instead of the middle of the tire...

is this a camber positioning issue?
(I dont think this matters, but I did have to move the camber links on both the chassis and the hubs to the rear b/c I went with the rear shock mounting system... But the holes used are still the same. (middle hub, and inner middle chassis hole)

I am also running inner most shock mount, and middle lower hole.

One final question I have is regarding using the brake. I almost never use it, as I just coast when I need to slow down to make a tight turn. Some other guys seem to be able to drive much more aggressively as far as stopping and going.. do I need to be using the break more actively?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdl060374
I am continuing to get my car dialed in more and more, and am almost there.. 2 issues still (kind of) remain..

1) coming out of a tight turn and when I apply throttle, it still does a bit of fishtailing..try loosing the slipper more

someone recommended I change my 7k front/7k rear to 3K or 5K in the rear to increase traction, and that running equal diffs was very "aggressive" and for more experienced drivers.. any input?try 7/3

2) when coming off a jump and into a turn when I slow down to take the turn, it sometimes rolls over... One of the guys at the track said my back end seemd to rotate back and forth too much, and said the -2 camber I had didnt seem to work b/c when he twisted the chassis/suspension back and forth (sumulating a turn) the outer edge of the rear tire was making the most contact instead of the middle of the tire...Try moving the upper shock mount out.

is this a camber positioning issue?
(I dont think this matters, but I did have to move the camber links on both the chassis and the hubs to the rear b/c I went with the rear shock mounting system... But the holes used are still the same. (middle hub, and inner middle chassis hole)Try lower inner most hole on the tower

I am also running inner most shock mount, and middle lower hole.

One final question I have is regarding using the brake. I almost never use it, as I just coast when I need to slow down to make a tight turn. Some other guys seem to be able to drive much more aggressively as far as stopping and going.. do I need to be using the break more actively?What ever approach makes you consistent

See answer in RED
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The key is making your wheelbase longer to make the car stable out of corners!!! You goons need a dremel...
Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default one piece saddle

Anyobe try or seen others use? Is it even safe since its not in hard case?

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...Square&cat=308
Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmm not sure, I would stick with a hardcase though, especially since there are lots of gaps near the battery area that would allow rocks and sticks to get in there. It looks like a cool idea, just wish they would make a hardcase version.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
Anyobe try or seen others use? Is it even safe since its not in hard case?

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...Square&cat=308
Work great and fit nice-n-snug. I used to need it for making 8 minutes when I was running a 4.5 550 in my DESC410. Are you running a 2.5 540 or what the heck do you need this for in a DEX410?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would think that MaxAmps soft pack won't be a problem. the side pods and rear brace do a good enough job of wrapping around the packs, so that would protect it from large impacts.

you could always just bend some thin lexan into a 'U' around the bottom of the pack if you were extra worried about dirt/debris
Old 03-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzwolen
I would think that MaxAmps soft pack won't be a problem. the side pods and rear brace do a good enough job of wrapping around the packs, so that would protect it from large impacts.

you could always just bend some thin lexan into a 'U' around the bottom of the pack if you were extra worried about dirt/debris

I have seen a pin come out of a center drive line and chew through a hard pack. A soft pack would be very vulnerable in that rare instance.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Could anyone give me an idea for shock set up for this tight technical track? Just going through the car to get ready for the first drive. The only other one ive seen at my track didn't seem to great to me so im looking for some help.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...ead-track3.jpg

Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ColbyRichards
Could anyone give me an idea for shock set up for this tight technical track? Just going through the car to get ready for the first drive. The only other one ive seen at my track didn't seem to great to me so im looking for some help.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...ead-track3.jpg

I just raced there last weekend. Fastest lap times on the track. Just popped off a ball cup almost every round. BuT I was out front at the time. Give me some time I will post my setup.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
I just raced there last weekend. Fastest lap times on the track. Just popped off a ball cup almost every round. BuT I was out front at the time. Give me some time I will post my setup.
Sweet thanks cam, you gonna race it this weekend?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ColbyRichards
Sweet thanks cam, you gonna race it this weekend?

No, bad timing with the holiday coming up. I will be back there though. Pretty fun technical track.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Try this for starters. This is pretty much my standard starting setup too.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-image.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default dex 410 v?

Just got a used but good condition dex 410. How can I tell what version it is?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.