Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone inform me of the right ball cups to use on this little beautie?do i have to change balls studs to make it rock solid?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luko
Can anyone inform me of the right ball cups to use on this little beautie?do i have to change balls studs to make it rock solid?
i went with lunsford titanium set. been 14 packs and have no need to replace or any other issues.

if you are using stock studs use this

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-End-Set-Black
Old 03-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
has anyone tried the Tresrey universial frt/rear shafts? i have yet to snap the stock CV so wonder if the Tresrey are stronger?
I have been running then for a year or so. They do seem to be better quality. I know the cvd pins are a tad longer like Gump was mentioning.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
i went with lunsford titanium set. been 14 packs and have no need to replace or any other issues.

if you are using stock studs use this

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-End-Set-Black
Thanks for that. Hey nice rack your running there.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've been running the Tresrey's w/no breaks. Plus they look really cool

I was looking to get up there Sat but this snow may keep me busy. Bummer

Last edited by Blown up; 03-08-2013 at 08:01 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So I have been reading that a lot of you guys have been bringing the rear diff oils closer in thickness to the front. I am familiar with what it will do in a 3 diff setup, but not exactly sure if this is the setup change I am looking for. I have one problem area with the buggy. There is a rhythm section a double double that goes into a 90degree turn. If I get on power while landing while steering, the rear washes out uncontrollably. Any suggestions?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luko
I'm running the stock "HD" cups and haven't had any issues with them popping off.

If you want to replace them, go with TLR balls and cup or AE (TC6) balls and cups. I prefer the TLR ones since they are 4.3mm spec'd.

The Lundsford kit is nice, but expensive. I've had issues with snapping Ti ball studs when used in aluminum towers, carriers and such.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sway Bar ball joints

So how does anyone tighten the sway bar ball joints (the ones on the A Arm). On one end is a hex screw and on the other end is a hex pivot ball. How do you tighten these together? It seems there is no room on the other end to get a Allen Key or hex driver driver in there.

I'm puzzled.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
So how does anyone tighten the sway bar ball joints (the ones on the A Arm). On one end is a hex screw and on the other end is a hex pivot ball. How do you tighten these together? It seems there is no room on the other end to get a Allen Key or hex driver driver in there.

I'm puzzled.
I use a small flat screwdriver and jam it in the hex pivot ball to keep it from spinning as I tighten the screw. It's still a pain in the ass, but works.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use a ball hex in the arm, can be a bit hard to get in but works really well, OR use small/thin needle nose pliers on the rim of the piviot
Old 03-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Do not bother until your stock parts wear out.. 'bling bling', these will reduce lap times by 0.0 seconds.... invest in the weight set, the rear alum diff braces or sway bars way before the djoints.
what does the rear aluminium diff brace help with?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by symmetricon
So I have been reading that a lot of you guys have been bringing the rear diff oils closer in thickness to the front. I am familiar with what it will do in a 3 diff setup, but not exactly sure if this is the setup change I am looking for. I have one problem area with the buggy. There is a rhythm section a double double that goes into a 90degree turn. If I get on power while landing while steering, the rear washes out uncontrollably. Any suggestions?
I am also having nearly this exact same issue. Last week was my first race with it. Through the night I added the three TD weights, plastic chassis brace, and 1 degree hubs and it got better but its still not as planted as my xx4 is. Sorry, not trying to hijack . . .
Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desk_jockey
I am also having nearly this exact same issue. Last week was my first race with it. Through the night I added the three TD weights, plastic chassis brace, and 1 degree hubs and it got better but its still not as planted as my xx4 is. Sorry, not trying to hijack . . .
I played around with my setup this weekend, and found that rear was much more planted with 3k diff oil. The front however still had too much on power steering. I tried lower the front to 5k but had too much turn in, but it felt more stable. I think I'm gonna go back up to 10k and get rid of some anti-squat....

On a side note, Damn this thing is durable! The way I was driving would have left my b44.1 in pieces...
Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This sway bar ball joint in the a-arm setup is a little funky. I was thinking about using balls w/o threads and tapping into the arm w/a longer screw like the DESC.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ill try and get some pics of a mod I did.
I added 5gms of weight on the outer rear hubs, helped out a lot with the rear washing out, but im on carpet using slicks indoors

Wheel balancing weight with a hole drilled then screwed into the unused hole in the rear hub

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.