Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM
  #1231  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (93)
 
savageboy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pasco,WA
Posts: 4,135
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

i went from a b44 to a durango and for me it was a night and day difference, i went from have a few fast laps every now and then in my b44 to consistent fast laps over and over, never hit a 11 lap run at my home track with the b44 and first time out did it with the durango, i guess it just comes down to driving style, to me the durango drives like a 1\8 scale. only problem i had is the diffs leak, but the shocks are solid
savageboy69 is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM
  #1232  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried the R plastic side plates on their regular DEX? I just ordered some as they were only $12. I want to see if it gives it some more flex.
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
  #1233  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Has anyone tried the R plastic side plates on their regular DEX? I just ordered some as they were only $12. I want to see if it gives it some more flex.
Well, I just picked up the DEX410R today and the guy at the local indoor track has ran the DEX410 since last year. Likes the plastic side plates because they offer more flex. That is all I will pretend to know at this point . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM
  #1234  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
R-E-A-P-E-R-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 1,892
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Danger you suck bro. I will have one soon though.
R-E-A-P-E-R- is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 09:31 PM
  #1235  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Futaba Rx in the Rango

I'm switching to a 4PK because I need the 4th channel for my crawler (selling the DX3R and Rx's: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...receivers.html).

Anyone know if the FASST 603/604 Rx's will fit in the Rango? I don't know how much bigger they are than the SR3100's.
mdowney is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 09:43 PM
  #1236  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mdowney
I'm switching to a 4PK because I need the 4th channel for my crawler (selling the DX3R and Rx's: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...receivers.html).

Anyone know if the FASST 603/604 Rx's will fit in the Rango? I don't know how much bigger they are than the SR3100's.
I use a 4PK and have the 603FF receivers. What I have seen will require some creative ingenuity to get these receivers to fit. I think I am going after the Futaba Micro (6004FF) . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 09:45 PM
  #1237  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
Danger you suck bro. I will have one soon though.
Ha-ha! Ah man, you will get yours soon then time for some test & tune! B44 wheels fit these right? Not a big fan of the Durango wheels . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 10:21 PM
  #1238  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (152)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,180
Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Well, I just picked up the DEX410R today and the guy at the local indoor track has ran the DEX410 since last year. Likes the plastic side plates because they offer more flex. That is all I will pretend to know at this point . . .
That's me Hands down drives way better then my old one, not running a sway bar either, could be part of it to.
grapejuice is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 PM
  #1239  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice
That's me Hands down drives way better then my old one, not running a sway bar either, could be part of it to.
There he is! I have always read that a rear sway is a must for any 4x4 10th scale. Maybe not this one?
dangerwr is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 10:32 PM
  #1240  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

The Futaba rx will fit with a sphere tc without issues. If you want it to be clean be willing to make your servo and esc leads custom lengths no matter what setup you use! We where looking into getting the Novak in there tonight and its going to take some work.
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 10:43 PM
  #1241  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
The Futaba rx will fit with a sphere tc without issues. If you want it to be clean be willing to make your servo and esc leads custom lengths no matter what setup you use! We where looking into getting the Novak in there tonight and its going to take some work.
What's a "sphere tc"?
mdowney is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 PM
  #1242  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Was meaning the older LRP Sphere Comp esc.
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 08-18-2010, 10:54 PM
  #1243  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
The Futaba rx will fit with a sphere tc without issues. If you want it to be clean be willing to make your servo and esc leads custom lengths no matter what setup you use! We where looking into getting the Novak in there tonight and its going to take some work.
Which Novak ESC? Let us know how it goes! I want to use the new Kinetic which has a slightly smaller footprint than the GTB but was not sure if it would fit with the Futaba Rx.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 AM
  #1244  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
mdowney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,562
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Blackstring
I chose tall 8mm because they were the same as durangos so the camber gain will be the same and the stud isnt too long.

also I have been using the losi grey "HD" ball cups with much success. They seem to be way stronger than rpm's. plus they dont get sloppy as fast.
Which Losi ball cups are you using: the HD 30* or the "Extra Rigid" grey cups?
- HD: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ic-Rod-Ends-12
- Extra rigid: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...l-Cups-16-Gray

Also, here's a link to the Associated TC5 long 3x8mm ball studs (x2) that work with these and the RPM cups:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Associated-TC5
mdowney is offline  
Old 08-19-2010, 04:57 AM
  #1245  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
There he is! I have always read that a rear sway is a must for any 4x4 10th scale. Maybe not this one?
I don't run any, and mine handles great at my local track......
Bman's 3XNT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.