Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
  #11866  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
Hey all. Adding a third Durango to my stable. DESC210R, DESC410 V2 and a new DEX410 V3.

What are your thoughts on this setup before I place an order, mainly need help on what Savox servo, Tekin Gen 2 motor to get?

I run a small-medium sized indoor clay track. 60ft straight mainly technical layout. Grip is medium. Overall smooth but lots of jumps.

DEX410 V3
Tekin RS Pro
Tekin Gen 2 Motor 7.5 or 6.5?
Savox Servo 1256TG High Torque

Thanks for the replies as this is my first BUGGY ever : ) I really want to do it right from the start.
I have the savox 1258TG and it's plenty fast and torquey.
The 1256 has more torque than needed in a buggy, and it's a bit slow for my preference.
I would go 6.5 for the motor.
jha07 is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 11:52 AM
  #11867  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 355
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
Hey all. Adding a third Durango to my stable. DESC210R, DESC410 V2 and a new DEX410 V3.

What are your thoughts on this setup before I place an order, mainly need help on what Savox servo, Tekin Gen 2 motor to get?

I run a small-medium sized indoor clay track. 60ft straight mainly technical layout. Grip is medium. Overall smooth but lots of jumps.

DEX410 V3
Tekin RS Pro
Tekin Gen 2 Motor 7.5 or 6.5?
Savox Servo 1256TG High Torque

Thanks for the replies as this is my first BUGGY ever : ) I really want to do it right from the start.
+1 on the SC-1251 servo. Its also 10g lighter than the 1256 and 57 servos.
I`ve tried Novak 5.5 and 6.5, but I like the Turnigy Trackstar 7.5 with boost best of all. Gearing 25/87 and both esc and motor max 65 dg celsius after 10 min. Hobbywing 2.1 esc..
ridgeracer is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 PM
  #11868  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: sweden
Posts: 92
Default

I just bought a 410v3 but still haven't had the chance to try it but, do most of you run the brass weights? Is it something that I should get or just don't bother about?
magnushedqvist is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
  #11869  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 202
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani
I would honestly go with a 6.5. I am running the 7.5 and have found that I have to boost it. You would not believe how much of a difference it can make on the straight aways. Not so much on the infield sections. You can always tame it down with the current limiter if needed.

I am running an SC-1251MG low profile from my touring cars. It has plenty of torque and speed for the steering.
Thank you. My gut is to go 6.5. Thanks

Besides tires what else would I need to be competitive? I'm thinking of giving Panther Tires a go since I've heard many great things.

Out of the box it seems the V3 has all that I will need?
Vincent_Diesel is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 02:02 PM
  #11870  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Woulvesbaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,325
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
Thank you. My gut is to go 6.5. Thanks

Besides tires what else would I need to be competitive? I'm thinking of giving Panther Tires a go since I've heard many great things.

Out of the box it seems the V3 has all that I will need?
I just started running mine and found the rear end a tad squirly. Accordingly, I purchased the TD rear brass balance (weight) set. You don't have to have this out of the box, but depending on your track conditions, it's an option to consider.
Woulvesbaine is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:55 PM
  #11871  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Mxpdx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hello,
I just bought a V3 used from a memeber here on RCtech. I'm planning on running a R10 and an orion 6.5. I also have a Savox 1258tg that I hope will fit. My question is with the small amount of space will I be able to fit a futaba R2104gf?
Mxpdx is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM
  #11872  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mxpdx
Hello,
I just bought a V3 used from a memeber here on RCtech. I'm planning on running a R10 and an orion 6.5. I also have a Savox 1258tg that I hope will fit. My question is with the small amount of space will I be able to fit a futaba R2104gf?
It won't be easy since both your receiver and ESC isn't very small. I've found though if you get creative, you can manage to put a lot in there. Getting rid of the electronics tray gets you a bit more room, and laying the receiver on the side helps.

I put a Mamba Max Pro in there and it's larger than your R10. I do have a small receiver though.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-img096.jpg  
jha07 is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
  #11873  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
sparkwraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,126
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mxpdx
Hello,
I just bought a V3 used from a memeber here on RCtech. I'm planning on running a R10 and an orion 6.5. I also have a Savox 1258tg that I hope will fit. My question is with the small amount of space will I be able to fit a futaba R2104gf?

Just dropped an R10pro into the 410. And by dropped, I mean placed carefully and positioned 37 times till I could get everything to fit well. Or as well as I could. I like clean intalls to, so I am not 100% happy with this, but not too bad...



sparkwraps is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
  #11874  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 68
Default

What body shells are most of you running? Do you notice a difference when running cab forward shells vs the stock shell that came with the v3? Like I said in my previous post I'm traction rolling quite a bit... Will these cab forward bodies make it worse for me on the turns? Also will trimming the front outer spikes of the tire help (schumacher mini pins) reduces rolling? Thanks
MySlowZ is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 AM
  #11875  
SEF
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
SEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
What body shells are most of you running? Do you notice a difference when running cab forward shells vs the stock shell that came with the v3? Like I said in my previous post I'm traction rolling quite a bit... Will these cab forward bodies make it worse for me on the turns? Also will trimming the front outer spikes of the tire help (schumacher mini pins) reduces rolling? Thanks
Are you traction rolling on corner entry or mid to exit?

Sometimes you just have the wrong tires that tend to catch edges.

Assuming you have the correct tires and you're not catching edges, the first setting I adjust to stop traction rolling is droop. Limit some of your front and rear droop (start with just the front). I use 3mm of internal limiting.

Next thing would be camber, roll center settings, and sway bars.

But the body type will do very little in the way of stopping traction rolling. By the time you are traction rolling, you probably slowed down enough to not be affected by the body aerodynamics. I feel the difference in body type primarily when I am accelerating or right at corner entry.
SEF is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM
  #11876  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
What body shells are most of you running? Do you notice a difference when running cab forward shells vs the stock shell that came with the v3? Like I said in my previous post I'm traction rolling quite a bit... Will these cab forward bodies make it worse for me on the turns? Also will trimming the front outer spikes of the tire help (schumacher mini pins) reduces rolling? Thanks
Trimming the spikes will help. Then follow with camber settings.
jmackani is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM
  #11877  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 68
Default

Ya I'm pretty much rolling upon corner entry. I'm gonna trim the front tires and try adding a bit more droop. Should I trim the inner or outside or both? Kinda hard finding a setup that works when I'm the only one that I see running a 410 and has minimal off-road experience... I guess that's part of the fun. Thanks to those that have been answering my questions, I'm sure there will be more to come.
MySlowZ is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
  #11878  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
Ya I'm pretty much rolling upon corner entry. I'm gonna trim the front tires and try adding a bit more droop. Should I trim the inner or outside or both? Kinda hard finding a setup that works when I'm the only one that I see running a 410 and has minimal off-road experience... I guess that's part of the fun. Thanks to those that have been answering my questions, I'm sure there will be more to come.
I think you want less droop, not more.
As for tires, do the outside.
jha07 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM
  #11879  
SEF
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
SEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
Ya I'm pretty much rolling upon corner entry. I'm gonna trim the front tires and try adding a bit more droop. Should I trim the inner or outside or both? Kinda hard finding a setup that works when I'm the only one that I see running a 410 and has minimal off-road experience... I guess that's part of the fun. Thanks to those that have been answering my questions, I'm sure there will be more to come.
Definitely LESS droop up front, especially if you are running full droop. Limit droop by using internal shock spacers on the shock shaft underneath the shock piston
SEF is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  #11880  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
Ya I'm pretty much rolling upon corner entry. I'm gonna trim the front tires and try adding a bit more droop. Should I trim the inner or outside or both? Kinda hard finding a setup that works when I'm the only one that I see running a 410 and has minimal off-road experience... I guess that's part of the fun. Thanks to those that have been answering my questions, I'm sure there will be more to come.
Swaybars and more negative camber, if your not already....
Bman's 3XNT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.