Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knowitall156
Gearing up (or going taller) is only going to make that problem worse. No need to switch motors. Get on tekins website and look at some of the driver set ups or pm Randy Pike on here. First course of action will be to get the esc set up properly and add timing. That thing will have a ton of power once you get it set up right.
If you are having a issue with run up to a jump, I would gear it down to get the snap back and then add timing as Mr. Knowitall says to pickup straight line speed. You can make that 8.5 plenty fast with the correct setup. Also, just remember that these motors have a effective torque and RPM range so getting outside of that will only make you're problem worse. We see this all the time in the 17.5 Blinky racing where people try to max out the can timing and make it slower, not faster. Remember, the book is only a starting rollout setup, you will need to adjust it for the tracks you drive on.

Good luck...
Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks guys. I just need to get some track time with this new car to find the sweet spot for gearing and boost. I just didn't know if my gearing was way off or had the wrong motor. I'll keep what I got in there get it geared right and add a little boost.

My TLR 22 Tekin2 10.5 runs like a champ. It did take me a couple days to find the right gearing endbell combo.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey guys I picked up a dex410 from a guy on craigslist. I finally got everything set up to fit in the car, and when I gun it, it does not seem to be hooking up. I tried tightening down the slipper but it still has a hard time going anywhere. I took apart the slipper and it has a ring around the pad. It there any tips I could do to have better contact. If not, can I just replace the pads? Or do I have to replace the pressing disks? Thank you guys
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greasyd
Hey guys I picked up a dex410 from a guy on craigslist. I finally got everything set up to fit in the car, and when I gun it, it does not seem to be hooking up. I tried tightening down the slipper but it still has a hard time going anywhere. I took apart the slipper and it has a ring around the pad. It there any tips I could do to have better contact. If not, can I just replace the pads? Or do I have to replace the pressing disks? Thank you guys
Are you sure it's the slipper that's slipping? You can test the slipper by hand. Put the car on the ground and hold it down firmly, then try to turn the spur by hand. You should be able to get the slipper to slip, but it should take some force to do it. If you see that the slipper isn't slipping, you might have a problem in your gear box.

If the slipper is slipping very easily, it's either the pads are worn down to nothing, or the spring isn't putting enough pressure on the pads. Take it apart and have a look.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jha07
Are you sure it's the slipper that's slipping? You can test the slipper by hand. Put the car on the ground and hold it down firmly, then try to turn the spur by hand. You should be able to get the slipper to slip, but it should take some force to do it. If you see that the slipper isn't slipping, you might have a problem in your gear box.

If the slipper is slipping very easily, it's either the pads are worn down to nothing, or the spring isn't putting enough pressure on the pads. Take it apart and have a look.
Cool, I'll give it a try. And when you say gear box, is that the diffs?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greasyd
Cool, I'll give it a try. And when you say gear box, is that the diffs?
The gearbox holds the diff. The diff has a gear ring that meshes with a pinion. If those gears are damaged, it could result in no power getting to the wheels. But since the car is 4WD, both front and rear gears would have to be damaged for the car to lose all power.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

THe grub screw that holds the pinion in the diff could be loose as well
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Got to run my car for the first time yesterday. I ran about 10 packs through it. I must admit after reading through this thread with all the supposed durability issues I was worried about pushing the car hard and breaking parts, or simply having it fall apart, I.e. grub screws. I can now say I have now fear about this car. I did not have a single issue other than the stock pistons being way off.

I was very torn between this car and the Xray XB4, and after seeing two at the track side bey side with the 410, I feel very comfortable with my choice. I didn't see anything special about the XB4, it didn't have any noticable less play or slop in the a arms or hubs, it didn't look any beefier in design. The Dex was definatly louder though, kinda reminds me how a serpent e buggy sounds. I can say that the 410 feels noticeably more stable and consistent than my b44.1 and oddly enough my electronics seemed to run cooler with approximately the same setup.... The 410 reacts very well to setup changes as well. I added another degree of anti squat and toe in in the rear and BINGO! Just need to dial in the rear pistons.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Got to run my car for the first time yesterday. I ran about 10 packs through it. I must admit after reading through this thread with all the supposed durability issues I was worried about pushing the car hard and breaking parts, or simply having it fall apart, I.e. grub screws. I can now say I have now fear about this car. I did not have a single issue other than the stock pistons being way off.

I was very torn between this car and the Xray XB4, and after seeing two at the track side bey side with the 410, I feel very comfortable with my choice. I didn't see anything special about the XB4, it didn't have any noticable less play or slop in the a arms or hubs, it didn't look any beefier in design. The Dex was definatly louder though, kinda reminds me how a serpent e buggy sounds. I can say that the 410 feels noticeably more stable and consistent than my b44.1 and oddly enough my electronics seemed to run cooler with approximately the same setup.... The 410 reacts very well to setup changes as well. I added another degree of anti squat and toe in in the rear and BINGO! Just need to dial in the rear pistons.
Glad to hear Sym, as far as durability goes, I originally purchased my 410 because of its durability, and have not been disappointed. As far as pistons go, it took me a bit to find something I like, and am currently running (courtesy of jonny5) 1.6x2 frt, 1.7x2 rear..35 wt oil in both, and it feels really good.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Hello, I have a DEX410V3 with a Tekin Redline G2 7.5T and Tekin RSPro esc, and would that please I recommend that pinion I use.

Thanks again! Best Regards.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The track I frequent is very bumpy and if your car is over packing or too stiff you will bounce all over and have no traction.
Currently I am at 1.7mm 2 hole front with losi 35wt and it feels percent. The rear is 1.7mm 3 hole 325 cst and it is overpacking, gonna try and drill it out to 1.8mm 3 hole....

Thanks again all you guys that have supplied valuable info on this thread, it helped me make my purchase and helped me make sure my build is done correctly.
I think I am an official Durango fanboy. Lol
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guillermito
Hello, I have a DEX410V3 with a Tekin Redline G2 7.5T and Tekin RSPro esc, and would that please I recommend that pinion I use.

Thanks again! Best Regards.
Most people running 7.5 motors start with 23/87 gearing.

Also need to make sure your esc is setup correctly. Aside from improper gearing, esc setup can greatly affect motor temps.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone tried the DMX410 conversion from Motogo Seiki ?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SEF
Most people running 7.5 motors start with 23/87 gearing.

Also need to make sure your esc is setup correctly. Aside from improper gearing, esc setup can greatly affect motor temps.
Thank you very much! Then I'll start with 23T pinion, and will control the engine temperature...

Best Regards.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
...Dex was definatly louder though, kinda reminds me how a serpent e buggy sounds...
I remember seeing a couple DEX's with a louder drivetrain than expected, and even experienced it once myself.
Try putting on a new spur and changing to a different manufacturers pinion. That did the trick for me. I can't recall who's pinion I had, and who's I switched to because it was so long ago, but it does make a difference sometimes.
Also, even pinion gers can wear out and get deformed teeth. I've seen that before. If its an old pinion, have a good close look at the teeth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.