Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:12 AM
  #11761  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 68
Default

Found a set of new proline calibers m3 cheap. Would these be okay for use on asphalt (tread wear)?
MySlowZ is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM
  #11762  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,350
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Whats the deal with shorty packs? How do they make the car handle vs saddle packs? I just picked up a used 410 roller and I have both batt's. Does setup change much from one to the other? I will have to play around but I was just curious.
chevmaro is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM
  #11763  
Tech Regular
 
killermmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 254
Default

dumb question,what type of servo people use with they dex410?
killermmn is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM
  #11764  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,175
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chevmaro
Whats the deal with shorty packs? How do they make the car handle vs saddle packs? I just picked up a used 410 roller and I have both batt's. Does setup change much from one to the other? I will have to play around but I was just curious.
I think mostly people trying to save a couple bucks.. the weight balance is far better w/ the saddle packs. Nanotech are super cheap, no reason to not get them. Most people add weight to the rear anyway, the shorty will just make it so you need to add even more weight. Just my opinion of course.

Originally Posted by killermmn
dumb question,what type of servo people use with they dex410?
Hitec 985mg is a awesome servo... great price fast and plenty of power. They are great last the life of your vehicle.
8ight-e is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 PM
  #11765  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (34)
 
racene1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
Found a set of new proline calibers m3 cheap. Would these be okay for use on asphalt (tread wear)?
Sure, price is really the key esp. if your only messing around.
JT
racene1 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 AM
  #11766  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I think mostly people trying to save a couple bucks.. the weight balance is far better w/ the saddle packs. Nanotech are super cheap, no reason to not get them. Most people add weight to the rear anyway, the shorty will just make it so you need to add even more weight. Just my opinion of course.



Hitec 985mg is a awesome servo... great price fast and plenty of power. They are great last the life of your vehicle.
I believe it is just the opposite. The shorty conversion adds more weight from the batteries and most guys are removing the additional rear weights in this configuration.

The original reasoning was to get packs with more run time. Added weight was a side benefit.
jmackani is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 AM
  #11767  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 355
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani
I believe it is just the opposite. The shorty conversion adds more weight from the batteries and most guys are removing the additional rear weights in this configuration.

The original reasoning was to get packs with more run time. Added weight was a side benefit.
Maybe you are mixing the DESC410 and the DEX410 thread ?
A single shorty pack weights around 210g and a saddle pack from 265g ish.
ridgeracer is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 AM
  #11768  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,175
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani
I believe it is just the opposite. The shorty conversion adds more weight from the batteries and most guys are removing the additional rear weights in this configuration.

The original reasoning was to get packs with more run time. Added weight was a side benefit.
Most shorty packs are less mah and less weight than the saddles.. and you have to get a nice left right balance as it doesn't fit in the given guides (ie foam spacers needed)

Typical shorty's I see around 4200, typical size for saddles are 5600 these days.
8ight-e is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM
  #11769  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Most shorty packs are less mah and less weight than the saddles.. and you have to get a nice left right balance as it doesn't fit in the given guides (ie foam spacers needed)

Typical shorty's I see around 4200, typical size for saddles are 5600 these days.
But when you run the shorties in parallel, you can get 8400 out of them. My mistake, I was thinking of my sct and not my buggy.
jmackani is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
  #11770  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ridgeracer
Maybe you are mixing the DESC410 and the DEX410 thread ?
A single shorty pack weights around 210g and a saddle pack from 265g ish.
You are right, my mistake.
jmackani is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM
  #11771  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,175
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani
But when you run the shorties in parallel, you can get 8400 out of them. My mistake, I was thinking of my sct and not my buggy.
Originally Posted by jmackani
You are right, my mistake.
yes in the SCT it would... no way to fit that in the buggy though.

PS a thin lead plate under your saddles from what I have seen works better than the weight from batteries (lower cog) but if you needed run time.. then it's a great trade off, get the longer run time and added weight. I run the SCTE, don't have either of those issues :P A standard 2s Intellect 6800mah fits just nice
8ight-e is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:47 AM
  #11772  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
yes in the SCT it would... no way to fit that in the buggy though.

PS a thin lead plate under your saddles from what I have seen works better than the weight from batteries (lower cog) but if you needed run time.. then it's a great trade off, get the longer run time and added weight. I run the SCTE, don't have either of those issues :P A standard 2s Intellect 6800mah fits just nice
Yep, I have an SCTE sitting on bench for this summer's outdoor season with 7200 SMC packs. Still keeping the Durango for indoors where it seems to excel on 1/10th style tracks.
jmackani is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM
  #11773  
Tech Master
iTrader: (106)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Kalamazoo,MI
Posts: 1,978
Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)
Default

I see a lot of people running the plastic rear brace of the carbon fiber chassis brace... I would assume that the plastic what's the rear end flex more better traction?
dan-o is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM
  #11774  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dan-o
I see a lot of people running the plastic rear brace of the carbon fiber chassis brace... I would assume that the plastic what's the rear end flex more better traction?
That would be my opinion as well--I like the plastic better. Not a huge difference but it worked better on our track.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM
  #11775  
Tech Initiate
 
AboveU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 37
Default

Just thought I'd share… Had a LHS with a used LRP V2 SSX comp ESC (ASCLRP80905). A friend runs this ESC in his DESC410 with a Pro4 4000kv motor and absolutely loves it.

Side story (I run Tekin in everything and familiar with the software/hotwire and love Tekin. With 3 RX8's, 1 RS, and 4-5 Pro4 motors and two 7.5 Redline motors, I've never had an issue except when my SCTE would eat and destroy motors via a never ending battle to fight over-heating.)

So I recently yanked my RS(non-pro) with my Tekin 7.5 out of my DEX410 and set it aside. I installed this LRP and a Pro4 3300kv. Still a work in progress as I learn how to tune the LRP via "feel" and "boost" modes. I've been creeping up on it as it started out extremely lazy and slow. Now it's getting faster but I'm at nearly full timing. I'm geared 87/23 at the moment and going to try a 25t and 27t pinion and pull some timing out, (boost).

My initial impressions are this motor combo are all good in the DEX410. Comes off the track after 12min of practice at 96° and about 2700mah used from my 5500mah batteries. I'll be playing with the gearing some more today and might even toss a 4000kv Pro4 motor in for fun. I'm not running any current limit and my EPA is at 100%.

I wish I had the newer rotors as this is a 5mm shaft motor so I had to pick up a few new pinions although I already had several as I run the 48p gears exclusively in my DESC410. Pro4 4000kv 102/23, so smooth and fast TQ'd and won with it last night's club race.

Anyhow many might wonder what's the point? Just playing around and having fun.
AboveU is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.