Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If the issue you're having is on power rear bite try going to a softer rear spring, removing the rear side weights, keep the skid, try going to 12,500 front oil and maybe raising your ride height to 20f and 21r. I always run the front 1mm lower than the rear.

While watching the car you're looking to gain rear weight transfer.

I've been to mikes and I know the traction can vary depending on the moisture. I had good luck with Panther Rattler 2.0's in Clay when it's damp and Super Soft when it's dry. Don't be scared to go to an open cell rear insert either.
I have more of an issue with off-power rear side bite than I do on-power forward bite. I was thinking of switching back to the plastic rear brace as well.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I have more of an issue with off-power rear side bite than I do on-power forward bite. I was thinking of switching back to the plastic rear brace as well.
Ok, sorry about that.

Off power side bite can be a few things. Try drastically altering your inner camber link. I know it's funny but I personally will mess with this if the car is 90% setup for the track and this is the only issue I have. Also I would try going to 0 degree rear hubs as I've found they violently release the rear of the car off power. I'm not a fan of them.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default On Rails!

Well i got out to a different track today that was well groomed, clay. OMG. this car is on rails. Best 4w i have ever driven. So consistant. Thanks to FlameMX and Randy For the help. Turns out most of the issues i was having was with the condition of the track i was running on earlier this week. Not a flat surface in the place. The surface is compressed with the skid steer tank tracks and thats it, so there are a ton of little "holes" and the car kept getting upset in this.

Love the car. now a believer

Coolza
Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wish I was smart enough to figure out setups for bumpy conditions like you mention Coolza.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rich68
I'm thinking about getting a DEX410V3, my only question is that I've heard that some saddle packs don't fit. I've been trying to find a spec for battery compartment and can't. Would like to know if Turnigy saddle packs would fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
i run the reedy 5200 fits perfect
Old 10-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hello guys : )
got a dex410v3

anybody got a great setup for carpet high grip medium height jumps?

i got slick tires, stock everything else

thinking shock pistons, springs, slipper setup...

best thomas
Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michaelfox
hello guys : )
got a dex410v3

anybody got a great setup for carpet high grip medium height jumps?

i got slick tires, stock everything else

thinking shock pistons, springs, slipper setup...

best thomas
For dex210 scroll down to Jorn Neumann's carpet
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ngoDEX210.html

And again for the dex410
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...oDEX410v3.html
Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well i ran my dex410 v3 today. I must say this thing is sweet. Everything is buttery smooth and it drives on rails and that is with the box set up. I need to put some limiters in the front shocks as the droop is a little too low. I can see how it will eventually snap the front drive axles. I need to lighten the oils a bit in the shocks and rear diff. With just a few minor changes...this thing will drive even better.
Question....is it advisable to put a little shoe goo on the drive axle pins (That go into the outdrives) to keep them from slipping out? I had one slide a bit after a run. Caught it before it did any real damage.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

^^ Blue loctite or shoe goo works fine.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Borik
Well i ran my dex410 v3 today. I must say this thing is sweet. Everything is buttery smooth and it drives on rails and that is with the box set up. I need to put some limiters in the front shocks as the droop is a little too low. I can see how it will eventually snap the front drive axles. I need to lighten the oils a bit in the shocks and rear diff. With just a few minor changes...this thing will drive even better.
Question....is it advisable to put a little shoe goo on the drive axle pins (That go into the outdrives) to keep them from slipping out? I had one slide a bit after a run. Caught it before it did any real damage.
Red Locktite is your friend. use it on all of the pins and set screws on the bevel gears.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Red Locktite is your friend. use it on all of the pins and set screws on the bevel gears.
x2 these pins will back out no matter what but a little locktite always helps
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Question answered

Last edited by Dougoilman661; 10-22-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Answered
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Borik
When the components are brand new (first assembly) out of the bag, they have oils and residues on them that will prevent the locktite from doing its job correctly.
Take the grub screws, put them on then end of your driver and pinch them in a paper towel thats been sprayed with brake clean and twist them around. You'll get all kinds of brownish black crap off of them.
Take the same grub screw on the same driver and flatten the tip of it against a cutoff wheel on your dremel. This gives the grub screw more contact area on the cross pin.
The same residues will be on the barrel that the grub screw goes into. Twist up the end of the paper towel and soak it in brake clean and jam it into the barrel and twist it around until it comes out clean.
Once all the residues are removed, let it dry and assemble with a new bottle of red locktite. Keep in mind that old bottles of locktite can lose their effectiveness over time. I always buy the very small tubes instead of the great big bottle. They get less exposure to air by the time you use the tube up vs that big bottle which will be around for the rest of your life.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ddle_Pack.html
Will these lipos work? It say 2s3p.....shouldn't it be 2p?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking for a DEX410 V3 setup for a moist indoor clay track with low ambient air temps (8 to 15 degrees centigrade).
Barcodes in blue or green will pretty much be the tire of choice based on previous reports.
I'm a non-agressive driver that's looking for a well balanced setup. I can deal with a bit of pushiness. Would much prefer that over a back end that breaks loose on entry or on power exiting. Any suggestions? I have most options at my disposal, including the flex brace.
Thanks for any help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.