Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The rear toe block slightly alters the roll center and or anti squat. But it's not by much at all to be honest. Get close, you'll be fine as long as you can drive like Ryan
Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just picked up my DEX410v3 today. Are the parts for the DEX410R compatible with the 410V3 kit?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The rear toe block slightly alters the roll center and or anti squat. But it's not by much at all to be honest. Get close, you'll be fine as long as you can drive like Ryan
Yeah, I can wheel like Ryan alright...lol just not that one

Thanks again
Old 10-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Borik
Just picked up my DEX410v3 today. Are the parts for the DEX410R compatible with the 410V3 kit?
yeah for the most part they are compatible.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anybody running those tapered big bore shock pistons from Durango?
Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default big bore shock setup

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Anybody running those tapered big bore shock pistons from Durango?
+1
I asked this about a week or 2 ago! No reply
i have the 410r car all modded out with the necessity parts!
got the big bores to put on it
i need shock springs, oils and pistons recommendations!
high tration indoor clay(not slick tires traction )BUT(barcodes all around)traction
thanks

Last edited by boudin4evr; 10-17-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
+1
I asked this about a week or 2 ago! No reply
i have the 410r car all modded out with the necessity parts!
got the big bores to put on it
i need shock springs, oils and pistons recommendations!
high tration indoor clay(not slick tires traction )BUT(barcodes all around)traction
thanks

I am running 5x1.3 tapered all the way around. 50wt front 40 wt rear. Real jumpy track. Gonna go to four hole or maybe even 2 hole and use lighter wt. oils. Car feels pretty good though as is.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Team Tekin

Yes I've been playing with them. I'm running them 1.6x2 in front, 1.7x2 rears. Yes I'm drilling and plugging them. This setup gives a very plush setup with good pack. I'm going back out next week but currently running 450 cst front, 375 rear.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Help!

For the past year i have been running a B44.1 and had a great summer season of racing, but i wanted something different, something to outperform my AE. So last week i purchased a 410v3. I have used a few different setup i found on TD site but none of them are for Large/Medium grip indoor tracks. Every setup seems to feel the same, TONS of steering and no rear traction. Yank the trigger and the rear end will spin around with ease. great if i wanted to do donuts but not great for racing. I have tried a few Diff oil combinations, different piston/oil combination, different tires. All seem to have the same result. I really have high hopes for this car. The build, R&D, it seems to be the 4w that we all should have. But i have had 0 luck with getting it to stick. The 2w guys are getting faster times at my track. So.... if anyone has a good starting setup for my type of track i would appreciate the help. BTW, i am an aggressive driver.

Thanks for the help!

Coolza
Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coolza
For the past year i have been running a B44.1 and had a great summer season of racing, but i wanted something different, something to outperform my AE. So last week i purchased a 410v3. I have used a few different setup i found on TD site but none of them are for Large/Medium grip indoor tracks. Every setup seems to feel the same, TONS of steering and no rear traction. Yank the trigger and the rear end will spin around with ease. great if i wanted to do donuts but not great for racing. I have tried a few Diff oil combinations, different piston/oil combination, different tires. All seem to have the same result. I really have high hopes for this car. The build, R&D, it seems to be the 4w that we all should have. But i have had 0 luck with getting it to stick. The 2w guys are getting faster times at my track. So.... if anyone has a good starting setup for my type of track i would appreciate the help. BTW, i am an aggressive driver.

Thanks for the help!

Coolza
Pm me your email addy, I have a setup you can try..
Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the help!

Coolza
Try weight kits
http://www.tresrey-usa.com/products/...7D410R%29.html
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320007
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320008
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks for the help!

Coolza
I'm in the same boat; loads of front traction and steering, but the rear just follows. Got to remember the car has a lot of weight up front, so you have to deal with that as well.

I prefer my cars to be as equal as possible front/rear, and I've been able to get a few things done to keep the rear end from breaking out. You can either try to dial out steering, or live with it and let the car slide. I've tried dialing already and didn't have any luck, so I've just been living with it and making sure I'm doing everything I can in the setup to have maximum rear traction.

-Make sure the slipper is doing it's job, and slipping the right amount.
-Pick a less agressive throttle curve in your speed control. I don't run any timing with my 7.5 either.
-Rear + side chassis weights.
-Plastic rear brace.
-I run 0 anti-squat with high roll center in the rear.
-I run 1 rear hubs

Also, don't forget, tires are 90% of the setup.

This car is very fast in the right hands, even without a good setup. Given all my time working on setup with this car, I still don't have it close to being where I want it, but it's much better than what I started with.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I'm in the same boat; loads of front traction and steering, but the rear just follows. Got to remember the car has a lot of weight up front, so you have to deal with that as well.

I prefer my cars to be as equal as possible front/rear, and I've been able to get a few things done to keep the rear end from breaking out. You can either try to dial out steering, or live with it and let the car slide. I've tried dialing already and didn't have any luck, so I've just been living with it and making sure I'm doing everything I can in the setup to have maximum rear traction.

-Make sure the slipper is doing it's job, and slipping the right amount.
-Pick a less agressive throttle curve in your speed control. I don't run any timing with my 7.5 either.
-Rear + side chassis weights.
-Plastic rear brace.
-I run 0 anti-squat with high roll center in the rear.
-I run 1 rear hubs

Also, don't forget, tires are 90% of the setup.

This car is very fast in the right hands, even without a good setup. Given all my time working on setup with this car, I still don't have it close to being where I want it, but it's much better than what I started with.
Everyone is having rear traction issues :-)
I have a different problem.
Using the rear chassis and side weights, and loosing rear traction entering the turn (off power) , but have enought rear traction exiting the turn while on power.
Thinking about removing some of the rear weights or lowering the front kickup or lengthening the rear upper arm.

Lowering the diffs from 10-5 to 7-3 helped a bit, but i really feel that that's not IT.
Guy
Old 10-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Got 80% of my build done. Love the engineering on this car, everything fits perfectly and shocks are super smooth. I'm using the box stock set up and will adjust from there. I run a medium size, clay track with medium to high traction. Can't wait to run this thing.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Team Tekin

If you're losing rear traction while off power there are a few things to try:

Reduce drag brake if you have some set.
Stiffer front springs or stand up the front shocks(this will reduce weight transfer)
More Rear Droop

If you post your full setup I can help with more detail.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.