Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
  #11146  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Grand prairie, TX
Posts: 9
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ball cups.

I have not had very good success with the stock ball cups on my V3 Durango. Are there any other ball cups that would not pop off so easily while racing?
cbutler is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
  #11147  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cbutler
I have not had very good success with the stock ball cups on my V3 Durango. Are there any other ball cups that would not pop off so easily while racing?


I don`t think I have had one pop off , they are much better than the older version .
Briguy is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:40 PM
  #11148  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
syllag1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South of Montreal
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

i'm using TLR 22 ball studs and cups and no problem whatsoever! i'll never go back!
syllag1969 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 05:33 AM
  #11149  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: new milford ct
Posts: 1,688
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Briguy


I don`t think I have had one pop off , they are much better than the older version .
i can't imagine how bad the older version could be because these v3's are awfull. the single worst ball cup i have ever used.

my car is brand spanking new and i just took a few laps in practice last night and one cup popped off on one side, popped it back on and the next lap the entire turnbuckle fell out after a very mild pipe tap.

this car will get sidelined until i get some quality ballcups on it.

on a positive note, damn these things are fast and the steering is insane. really cool car for sure.
kaiser is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 AM
  #11150  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
79kmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gold Coast,australia
Posts: 149
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cbutler
I have not had very good success with the stock ball cups on my V3 Durango. Are there any other ball cups that would not pop off so easily while racing?
Rpm make good ball cups all you have to get are ae 8mm ball studs im pretty sure
79kmc is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 AM
  #11151  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,391
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kaiser
i can't imagine how bad the older version could be because these v3's are awfull. the single worst ball cup i have ever used.

my car is brand spanking new and i just took a few laps in practice last night and one cup popped off on one side, popped it back on and the next lap the entire turnbuckle fell out after a very mild pipe tap.

this car will get sidelined until i get some quality ballcups on it.

on a positive note, damn these things are fast and the steering is insane. really cool car for sure.
V3 ballcups are a huge improvement. Older ones were not so great.

You need to pay attention to the build/maintenance guide which definitely helps: http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=4915

ASC31281 8mm Ballstuds and RPM73392 Long Shank Ballcups are a great aftermarket upgrade.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM
  #11152  
Tech Regular
 
dexon555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 382
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cbutler
I have not had very good success with the stock ball cups on my V3 Durango. Are there any other ball cups that would not pop off so easily while racing?
If you never want to worry about turnbuckle related issues ever again, choose Lunsford. Excellent quality and made in USA. IMO.

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...e=CARS-DDEX410
dexon555 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 AM
  #11153  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: new milford ct
Posts: 1,688
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
V3 ballcups are a huge improvement. Older ones were not so great.

You need to pay attention to the build/maintenance guide which definitely helps: http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=4915

ASC31281 8mm Ballstuds and RPM73392 Long Shank Ballcups are a great aftermarket upgrade.
i did all of that during the build, i'll go with a lunsford kit when i have the $$.
my 24 year old jrx2's ball cups are more reliable then these, hell old white ae or tamiya ball cups are better.
kaiser is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 AM
  #11154  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,391
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kaiser
i did all of that during the build, i'll go with a lunsford kit when i have the $$.
my 24 year old jrx2's ball cups are more reliable then these, hell old white ae or tamiya ball cups are better.
IMHO, You don't need to spend $100 on turnbuckles/balls/cups etc. Its of course up to you . We're all just trying to help on here.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM
  #11155  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
boudin4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,943
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

anybody know?
i want to upgrade my shocks to big bores on my dex410r v1
i remember seeing on here that you can just buy the shock bodies, springs
and caps maybe and shafts to convert?
i looked through here and cant find it
id hate to spend 120 on big bores plus springs
boudin4evr is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM
  #11156  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: new milford ct
Posts: 1,688
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
IMHO, You don't need to spend $100 on turnbuckles/balls/cups etc. Its of course up to you . We're all just trying to help on here.
i know, i was planning on getting durango's ti turnbuckle (mine is a rv3) but i may try the ae balls and rpm cups, all depends on how the $$ flows. i'm not opposed to spending$$ on the car, it's a cool car with a minor flaw. no biggie.
it's just kinda odd that every other decent car out there has a better cup then the rango's.

thanks.
kaiser is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM
  #11157  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,213
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kaiser
i know, i was planning on getting durango's ti turnbuckle (mine is a rv3) but i may try the ae balls and rpm cups, all depends on how the $$ flows. i'm not opposed to spending$$ on the car, it's a cool car with a minor flaw. no biggie.
it's just kinda odd that every other decent car out there has a better cup then the rango's.

thanks.
you can also consider the losi HD ballcups. inexpensive upgrade. 1 of my cars came with the losi ballcups from the previous owner. after 18 mths, the ballcup had popped out once only.


http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...id-Ball/Detail


also .. personally, i think the turnbuckles are strong and beefy. no need for Ti or Lunsford upgrades. the $$ is better spent elsewhere . but the $$ is yours not mine
wyl03 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 PM
  #11158  
ekt
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
anybody know?
i want to upgrade my shocks to big bores on my dex410r v1
i remember seeing on here that you can just buy the shock bodies, springs
and caps maybe and shafts to convert?
i looked through here and cant find it
id hate to spend 120 on big bores plus springs
These?
1/10 ELECTRIC BIG BORE SHOCK SET: 23MM STROKE Part No: TD230004
1/10 ELECTRIC BIG BORE SHOCK SET: 31MM STROKE Part No: TD230005
ekt is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 PM
  #11159  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (99)
 
EvanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,912
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by itr
Hey Even i currently have a trinity 6.5 and havoc pro in the car right now and have it geared at 87/18 and the car is a bullet almost too much at times lol
So are most running the stock 87 spur? saw they had smaller spurs.

what are your temps with the 87/18? I think I might need to buy some pinions, most of mine are in the 20 range.
EvanAZ is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 PM
  #11160  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EvanAZ
So are most running the stock 87 spur? saw they had smaller spurs.

what are your temps with the 87/18? I think I might need to buy some pinions, most of mine are in the 20 range.
wow thats low for a 6.5 you should be in the 20 to 22 range mate for sure

i personally run a 21 as i over heat with a 22
DBL15 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.