Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fung_kyle
Alright i check afterschool today. Anyone running nylon wings? I really want to buy one so it's more durable.

Thanks
A nylon wing is not the answer , it will just transfer the shock and stress to the wing mount and shock tower and possibly break them . Lexan wings are cheap to replace .
Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i'm close to finishing the build, but i gotta say this is one hell of a kit.
i've really enjoyed taking my time on this build. tonight i build the shocks and finish it up, probably cut the body and strat masking it too.
this thing just oozes quality, the fit and finish/tollerances are fantastic.
i'm gonna be a little sad to finish it.

my only complaint is the manual leaves alot to be desired. the cad drawings are very dark and hard to make out and they could have included a little text here and there. lol not alot to complain about, but a noob builder might have a few fits.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kaiser
i'm close to finishing the build, but i gotta say this is one hell of a kit.
i've really enjoyed taking my time on this build. tonight i build the shocks and finish it up, probably cut the body and strat masking it too.
this thing just oozes quality, the fit and finish/tollerances are fantastic.

my only complaint is the manual leaves alot to be desired. the cad drawings are very dark and hard to make out and they could have included a little text here and there. lol not alot to complain about, but a noob builder might have a few fits.
The manual has no written instructions because it's truly an international car. Available in nearly every country around the world. I agree some images are dark though. Also the In The Pits, section of the website is quite comprehensive on the trickier bits. IMO.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaiser
Don't worry. TD makes a car for almost all popular categories of race vehicles so you've got plenty more to build
Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LOL, we'll see about that. i still run an og shorty ftb4, which i absolutley love.
she's old and reliable.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

My dad and I really don't prefer lexan wings. They bend way too easily. I'd rather replace wing mounts than replace wings...

Thanks
Old 09-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My dad and I really don't prefer lexan wings. They bend way too easily. I'd rather replace wing mounts than replace wings...

Thanks
The 'wing mount' on this car is also the rear bulkhead. Its rather a pain to replace constantly. Use the lexan wings, they are cheaper and easier to replace.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks
(StealthRT beat me to it)

dun think u wanna do that with the dex410.
it doesn't have a dedicated wing mount, unlike other buggies.
if u look closely, the wingmount & rear bulkhead is one big piece.
breaking a wing mount is a PITA to replace!

seriously .. easier to swop lexan wings.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks
Stop crashing.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Are there any way to stiffen lexan wings? watching them bend makes me cringe.

@R.Shackleford

Who wants to crash?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

@R.Shackleford

Who wants to crash?
In case you're not painting them, they do tend to last a little longer if you paint them.

I hate lexan wings too and I've tried nylon on 1/10th and it just does not end up working out for a variety of reasons. Even tried one on my RB5 (the 3Racing wing to be exact).
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

@R.Shackleford

Who wants to crash?
Well I don't think any racer wants to crash, but the frequency with which a lot of people do you would think they did. It really is not that complex, drive smart. If you are not lined up perfect for a jump, abort. Rolling a jump, or doubling a triple ten out of ten laps is still going to be faster than clearing the jump perfect nine times and crashing once. Good drivers can drive fast while being comfortable. If you are out of your comfort zone by a wide margin you are going to make mistakes. Those mistakes cost way more time than going a little slower and not making a single error. Speed will come with track time, but only quality track time. Practice how you want to race. I make it a goal to not need to be marshaled at all for entire battery packs during practice. Guess what, that much uninterrupted track times yields consistent, and quick lap times which I can repeat during races. Also races where not a marshal touches my car.

Not crashing also translates to less wear and tear on my equipment. Lexan wings usually last me a couple months before a small crack develops. Then I get a new wing and give my old one to a kid at the track with the completely blown out wing that is totally deformed. Blown out deformed wings cause inconsistent flight characteristics. I expect the utmost consistency and performance from my equipment, so I expect myself to uphold the most stringent maintenance schedule possible. This is not for everyone, but if you hate DNF's as much as I do, then it is great insurance against them.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Aww Shackleford, you sound so James May vs. Jeremy Clarkson! Seriously though, I like the ideas you put forward, esp:

"Those mistakes cost way more time than going a little slower and not making a single error. "

I really try and drive this way as of late, but so tempting to use Clarkson's "POWER!"

Last edited by DangerCow; 09-27-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

@R.Shackleford

Who wants to crash?
On my old durango, i was bored to replace the wing each 2-3 races, so i found a easy solution to fix this thing... simply use 2wings and glue them together.

My painted wing lasted 6months clean.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have to agree. Put the 5.5's back in the toolbox until you can keep a 10.5 wheels down for 4500mah. It is hard to do but it is the best racing advice you will ever get.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.