Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 AM
  #10981  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,004
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Nano tech 5100 saddles fit no problem.
TAMAK is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 AM
  #10982  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 623
Default

Hello,

I just ordered a dex41v3 on frieday and the kit should come this week!
I want to use my lrp x12 6.5 and the lrp Sphere Comp. TC-Spec., would a 22 pinion a good starting point, for a big loamy outdoor track?
I do not racing at the moment, just practicing and maybe go to a club next year!?

Maybe someone have any extra building tipps, excapt from the td "in the pit" tipps?

Thx in advance
micholix is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 AM
  #10983  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Originally Posted by micholix
Hello,

I just ordered a dex41v3 on frieday and the kit should come this week!
I want to use my lrp x12 6.5 and the lrp Sphere Comp. TC-Spec., would a 22 pinion a good starting point, for a big loamy outdoor track?
I do not racing at the moment, just practicing and maybe go to a club next year!?

Maybe someone have any extra building tipps, excapt from the td "in the pit" tipps?

Thx in advance
I believe 22t should work well since someone recommended me a 22t for my 7t for a big track as well.
fung_kyle is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM
  #10984  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
tedstryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Coast like butta toast
Posts: 4,179
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

just finishing up my build gonna use 10.5 what pinion should i use with stock spur...
tedstryker is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 AM
  #10985  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,581
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tedstryker
just finishing up my build gonna use 10.5 what pinion should i use with stock spur...
I use a 25 tooth, Mike. Start with the stock timing on the motor itself (end bell).
san. is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 01:05 PM
  #10986  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
tedstryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Coast like butta toast
Posts: 4,179
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by san.
I use a 25 tooth, Mike. Start with the stock timing on the motor itself (end bell).
Thnx buddy..will do.
tedstryker is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 PM
  #10987  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,280
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Thumbs up

10.5 in a 410 is never a good combo. The car is too heavy, and your track is small. It will overheat. Run atleast a 8.5..
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:13 PM
  #10988  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
san.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,581
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
10.5 in a 410 is never a good combo. The car is too heavy, and your track is small. It will overheat. Run atleast a 8.5..
Guess it all depends on the which motor. I've been running the Speed Passion v3 (5deg mechanical) for almost a year, yep same motor and pinion to date. The buggy podiums almost every time out at our local track.
san. is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:13 PM
  #10989  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
10.5 in a 410 is never a good combo. The car is too heavy, and your track is small. It will overheat. Run atleast a 8.5..
I found that out this weekend as I put in a 13.5 to just get started in 4wd again . 7.5 will be in it before Thur !
Briguy is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 03:10 PM
  #10990  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
tedstryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Coast like butta toast
Posts: 4,179
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

proper gearing with a 10.5 I''m sure it will work out fine...........
tedstryker is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 05:28 AM
  #10991  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 623
Default

Originally Posted by fung_kyle
I believe 22t should work well since someone recommended me a 22t for my 7t for a big track as well.
THX fung_kyle!

I have a fiew more questions:

Do you use grease at the pivot balls?
Witch oil do you us in the diffs and shocks?
Do you thread lock the screws, witch go from the bottom in the motor-mount, because the manual do not say this!?

Any more building tipps, or should i just follow the manual?

Last edited by micholix; 09-04-2012 at 08:24 AM.
micholix is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 AM
  #10992  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tedstryker
proper gearing with a 10.5 I''m sure it will work out fine...........
+1. Cush ran a 10.5 boosted when be first had the buggy with a 22 on it. Temps were good, but as he gained skill with the car he needed more motor to keep up on the long straights our tracks generally have. Without boost 25-26 seems about right.
Jonny5 is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 08:17 AM
  #10993  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,391
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tedstryker
proper gearing with a 10.5 I''m sure it will work out fine...........
Ted, ran a 10.5 in mine at Critters and it worked very well and ran cool. Was great to get used to the car and work on handling. Think i ran a 23/24T Pinion.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 AM
  #10994  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
tedstryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: East Coast like butta toast
Posts: 4,179
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Ted, ran a 10.5 in mine at Critters and it worked very well and ran cool. Was great to get used to the car and work on handling. Think i ran a 23/24T Pinion.
Thnx for the help Toby...
tedstryker is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 09:26 AM
  #10995  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Originally Posted by micholix
THX fung_kyle!

I have a fiew more questions:

Do you use grease at the pivot balls?
Witch oil do you us in the diffs and shocks?
Do you thread lock the screws, witch go from the bottom in the motor-mount, because the manual do not say this!?

Any more building tipps, or should i just follow the manual?
I'm not sure on those yet. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will help you!
fung_kyle is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.