Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 PM
  #10771  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by VizBizTas
Hi - OK- I feel like a bit of a fool / tool, but will post so people can learn from my mistake .

I have had a look at my settings - These things called TP (Throttle Profiles).

I have been making all these changes, and keep sellecting TP3 *the default.

TP3 is a Linear profile. I thought that it would apply this profile to my C1 and C2 profiles I created, and if I had that setting sellect in Hotwire, it would sellect it and run it in the ESC....

But - It turns out I need to sellect TP6 (c1) or TP8 (c2) to use my custom settings that I have set... The Throttle Profile sellected in the Hotwire settings is what will run - That is why i could see no difference....

Wolla (or however you spell that).....

Using the Mode and Set buttons to sellect my settings.

Yay.....

So, I think I have that issue sorted now, but will test shortly.
I think max temp for this motor is 80, and I will monitor (have temp Tel back to my MT4, so will set a temp warning .

PINION:

Ty runs a 22 with his 8.5 in DEX410...
Should I go to a 23/24?

Cheers
I had a look at Ty's settings, he runs 20 degree timing with 22T. You could give that a try.
I run less timing but gear higher for speed. It's really depends on your track and preference.
jha07 is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:16 AM
  #10772  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

So I took my slightly used DEX410r to it's first track yesterday and off the first big jump I broke a front spindle and hub carrier. Is this going to be an overly sensitive/fragile buggy to drive? Were there any molding issues for the first run of 410R composite parts?
jzwolen is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:34 AM
  #10773  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jzwolen
So I took my slightly used DEX410r to it's first track yesterday and off the first big jump I broke a front spindle and hub carrier. Is this going to be an overly sensitive/fragile buggy to drive? Were there any molding issues for the first run of 410R composite parts?
The buggy is fine and there were no molding issues .

With 4wd buggies you can run a lot faster which in turn break easier if you crash or land wrong .
Briguy is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:43 AM
  #10774  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,402
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jzwolen
So I took my slightly used DEX410r to it's first track yesterday and off the first big jump I broke a front spindle and hub carrier. Is this going to be an overly sensitive/fragile buggy to drive? Were there any molding issues for the first run of 410R composite parts?
You are using a 'used' buggy so you never know whats going to happen, no matter how light the use was - that being said, the buggy is very durable in general.

The Alum Caster blocks are a worthy upgrade. I did break a few of the plastic ones which prompted me to upgrade my old v2 when I had it.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:45 AM
  #10775  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

My R is over 2 years old; I have broken 1 caster block. I run in the sportsman class at my local track regularly. No, this buggy is not fragile, the part was defective or it would have broken on any 4 wheeler.
A rear hub and arm did break last night while tumbling down the straight with a Mugen buggy. I stay on the track all the time when others bring out the 1/8 scale buggies. At any given turn I will chase one into the corner with another on my butt. I have been punted and/or run over several times, but this was the first time it came off the track missing a wheel.
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:45 AM
  #10776  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
You are using a 'used' buggy so you never know whats going to happen, no matter how light the use was - that being said, the buggy is very durable in general.

The Alum Caster blocks are a worthy upgrade. I did break a few of the plastic ones which prompted me to upgrade my old v2 when I had it.
did you upgrade to the standard aluminum caster blocks, or the 21 degree? Are you seeing more breakage of (arms and spindles) after the alum caster blocks went in?

Also, what servo are you using in your 410?
jzwolen is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:56 AM
  #10777  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
BIBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Burbank, CA.
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 410 build issues!!!!

Got my 410V3 yesterday.. I was very excited and started to build the kit . Started to read the manual to see what do i need to purchase. I have already bought my ESC motor (tekin RS pro and 6.5 motor ) servo hitec low profile metal gear .. and receiver JR.. also had the shock oils ready.... as i started on the front and rear diff the washer inside the diff wont sit properly and made the diff very tight so i had to sand with 1000 grit sand paper to make it work .. ( i said in my head thats ok ) did the same thing to both diff the other was actually better... (said to my self cool might be just one). but as i looked for the gear oil which was supposedly in the kit it was nowhere to be found the bag named oil had thread lock inside it... (not good)... luckily i had gear oil from my older buggies... ( still not good this should have come with the kit) I was already building the kit for about 1 hr now.
Next i started the center shaft, opened the pack and inspected the parts this time make sure it all there and by looking at it... looks ok. but as put it together for a test fit the bevel gear that meshes with the diff wont sit in the cvd. It would not go in so that i could screw in the set screw... (ok i said might be just a little sanding needed) ... took out my 600 grit and rolled it and sanded a little after 10 mins of trying it finally worked ... now the other side unfortunately was worst than the other one this shaft was not machined enough it left a shoulder there that blocked the bevel gear and it wont go all the way through, at this point Im already in about 2 hrs in the build and still in the first pages.. so I just stopped right there who what other problems this kit might bring me.

very upset that i paid top dollar for a kit that wont even go together properly .. I have built and raced so many cars on road and off ..this is by far the worst kit i have encountered ...

I called hobbico this morning and they said that email them pictures etc and they will get back to me ...WOW really

I bought a TLR 22 it went together in perfectly ..I bought a JR tool set and the screw driver broke horizon sent me a replacement right away thats just awesome support ... I still have to see what hobbico or great plnes will do on this issue .... if nothing is done I'll just return it and just get a LOSI
BIBOY is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:59 AM
  #10778  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jzwolen
So I took my slightly used DEX410r to it's first track yesterday and off the first big jump I broke a front spindle and hub carrier. Is this going to be an overly sensitive/fragile buggy to drive? Were there any molding issues for the first run of 410R composite parts?
It totally depends on the track you run on. If you're a track designed for 1/8th cars with jumps that launch the car 8 feet in the air, then yes, you'll probably break the car if you don't land right. On 1/10th scale tracks, the car is pretty good, as long as you've upgraded all the plastic bits to aluminum. I had lots of breakages early on until I replaced all the weak bits with aluminum. My car now is basically the same as the spec car, minus the aluminum side pods.
jha07 is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:10 AM
  #10779  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Did you look at the build tips on the web site? Which parts you are having trouble with. Do your sun gears slide on and off the diff outdrives easily? If not the hex should be dremeled down so you can get these parts apart later. If you have binding in the diff it could be that the sun gear is not properly seated on the hex.
Pics are helpful since people call items by different names all the time and they provide proof of the flaws so that they can be corrected. I am in no way defending any manufacturing flaws as they piss me off as well. Just want to help you get the thing together properly.
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:14 AM
  #10780  
Tech Regular
 
JosephBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: fantasy land
Posts: 371
Default

I think pictures would help BIBOY. My V3 was butter from day one.
JosephBlack is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:14 AM
  #10781  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BIBOY
Got my 410V3 yesterday.. I was very excited and started to build the kit . Started to read the manual to see what do i need to purchase. I have already bought my ESC motor (tekin RS pro and 6.5 motor ) servo hitec low profile metal gear .. and receiver JR.. also had the shock oils ready.... as i started on the front and rear diff the washer inside the diff wont sit properly and made the diff very tight so i had to sand with 1000 grit sand paper to make it work .. ( i said in my head thats ok ) did the same thing to both diff the other was actually better... (said to my self cool might be just one). but as i looked for the gear oil which was supposedly in the kit it was nowhere to be found the bag named oil had thread lock inside it... (not good)... luckily i had gear oil from my older buggies... ( still not good this should have come with the kit) I was already building the kit for about 1 hr now.
Next i started the center shaft, opened the pack and inspected the parts this time make sure it all there and by looking at it... looks ok. but as put it together for a test fit the bevel gear that meshes with the diff wont sit in the cvd. It would not go in so that i could screw in the set screw... (ok i said might be just a little sanding needed) ... took out my 600 grit and rolled it and sanded a little after 10 mins of trying it finally worked ... now the other side unfortunately was worst than the other one this shaft was not machined enough it left a shoulder there that blocked the bevel gear and it wont go all the way through, at this point Im already in about 2 hrs in the build and still in the first pages.. so I just stopped right there who what other problems this kit might bring me.

very upset that i paid top dollar for a kit that wont even go together properly .. I have built and raced so many cars on road and off ..this is by far the worst kit i have encountered ...

I called hobbico this morning and they said that email them pictures etc and they will get back to me ...WOW really

I bought a TLR 22 it went together in perfectly ..I bought a JR tool set and the screw driver broke horizon sent me a replacement right away thats just awesome support ... I still have to see what hobbico or great plnes will do on this issue .... if nothing is done I'll just return it and just get a LOSI
That is quite strange . I have built two 410r and three v3 buggies and haven`t had any of the problems you described . 410r buggies had problems with the sun gears in the diffs being to tight and needed some sanding but that has been fixed since then .

Anyways , very surprised to hear this .
Briguy is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
  #10782  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,402
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BIBOY
Got my 410V3 yesterday.. I was very excited and started to build the kit . Started to read the manual to see what do i need to purchase. I have already bought my ESC motor (tekin RS pro and 6.5 motor ) servo hitec low profile metal gear .. and receiver JR.. also had the shock oils ready.... as i started on the front and rear diff the washer inside the diff wont sit properly and made the diff very tight so i had to sand with 1000 grit sand paper to make it work .. ( i said in my head thats ok ) did the same thing to both diff the other was actually better... (said to my self cool might be just one). but as i looked for the gear oil which was supposedly in the kit it was nowhere to be found the bag named oil had thread lock inside it... (not good)... luckily i had gear oil from my older buggies... ( still not good this should have come with the kit) I was already building the kit for about 1 hr now.
Next i started the center shaft, opened the pack and inspected the parts this time make sure it all there and by looking at it... looks ok. but as put it together for a test fit the bevel gear that meshes with the diff wont sit in the cvd. It would not go in so that i could screw in the set screw... (ok i said might be just a little sanding needed) ... took out my 600 grit and rolled it and sanded a little after 10 mins of trying it finally worked ... now the other side unfortunately was worst than the other one this shaft was not machined enough it left a shoulder there that blocked the bevel gear and it wont go all the way through, at this point Im already in about 2 hrs in the build and still in the first pages.. so I just stopped right there who what other problems this kit might bring me.

very upset that i paid top dollar for a kit that wont even go together properly .. I have built and raced so many cars on road and off ..this is by far the worst kit i have encountered ...

I called hobbico this morning and they said that email them pictures etc and they will get back to me ...WOW really

I bought a TLR 22 it went together in perfectly ..I bought a JR tool set and the screw driver broke horizon sent me a replacement right away thats just awesome support ... I still have to see what hobbico or great plnes will do on this issue .... if nothing is done I'll just return it and just get a LOSI
Never heard of this issue. And that is why support likely want to see pictures so they can track the issue. They can also track it to your kit serial number. TD support has been very responsive and will ship you replacement parts.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 12:09 PM
  #10783  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
BIBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Burbank, CA.
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

i already fixed the diff issue but check out the vid you see the center shaft issue
http://youtu.be/rxBKl11qtxw
BIBOY is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 12:55 PM
  #10784  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,402
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BIBOY
i already fixed the diff issue but check out the vid you see the center shaft issue
http://youtu.be/rxBKl11qtxw
yeah, thats weird for sure. should slide right in. After 4 builds I've never seen that....Sorry for your troubles..It'll be worth it in the end
tobamiester is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM
  #10785  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

yep contact durango or where you got it from, TD are a great company to deal with and fix most errors especially in the hardware area, even user problems
onekiwi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.