Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 AM
  #10726  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 56
Default

Originally Posted by Autocratic
You can use B44 fronts with these parts:
Hi, Are they direct fit? Does it require and dremeling or trimming to fit?

Thanks.
frozencone is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 05:16 AM
  #10727  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,396
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

TD330004 front outer hinge pin holder
TD330006 front inner hinge pin holder
TD330307 Adjustable rear outer hanger
TD330309 hanger inserts (for above)
TD330008 inner rear hinge pin holder
TD330037 pivot balls
TD320007 skid plate
TD330007 1degree rear hubs

RPM73392 RPM Long Shank Ball cups
ASC31284 TC5 8mm ballstud (fairly certain this is the right part#)

KYOORG05 Kyosho O-rings or TD330099 DNX408 O-ring to replace Diff X-ring

Worthy upgrades: TD330016 Caster Left
TD330019 Caster Right



Originally Posted by jzwolen
so i just picked up a DEX410R and looking to get back into racing after a 15yr absence. Without going through 715 pages of this thread, are their any MUST mods/tweaks to the car that I should do? I'm already installing the aluminum arm mounts as a starting point. Anyone using the D-Joint center universals?
tobamiester is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 AM
  #10728  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I have been waiting to see a few reviews on the D joints myself; it is getting close to time for a drive line rebuild. Do they reduce the contact the rear joints make with the batteries?
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 AM
  #10729  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 518
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
TD330004 front outer hinge pin holder
TD330006 front inner hinge pin holder
TD330307 Adjustable rear outer hanger
TD330309 hanger inserts (for above)
TD330008 inner rear hinge pin holder
TD330037 pivot balls
TD320007 skid plate
TD330007 1degree rear hubs

RPM73392 RPM Long Shank Ball cups
ASC31284 TC5 8mm ballstud (fairly certain this is the right part#)

KYOORG05 Kyosho O-rings or TD330099 DNX408 O-ring to replace Diff X-ring

Worthy upgrades: TD330016 Caster Left
TD330019 Caster Right

Thanks tobamiester, both for the info, and the parts from you that should be arriving shortly. I think i'm most of the way there, aside from the Alum. Caster blocks.
jzwolen is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 AM
  #10730  
Tech Regular
 
dexon555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 382
Default

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
I have been waiting to see a few reviews on the D joints myself; it is getting close to time for a drive line rebuild. Do they reduce the contact the rear joints make with the batteries?
I had them for a while now and i've noticed a lot less wear. I'm not sure about battery clearance because I shim my rear diff hoop. Hope this helps.
dexon555 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 AM
  #10731  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
I have been waiting to see a few reviews on the D joints myself; it is getting close to time for a drive line rebuild. Do they reduce the contact the rear joints make with the batteries?
I been using the D joints for few months, it do help on eliminating pin coming out compare to the stock parts. With the D joints, I able to fit DNX's Alu servo arm. As for the rear part, it do raise a bit compare to stock.
GodOfWar is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
  #10732  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

The D joints are a big friction reduction compared to the stock parts. The drive train is much more free which adds up to speed.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 AM
  #10733  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Another +1 for the D Joints. Smoother, quieter, less wear. Very nice parts and worth the money, especially if you're in need of new center shafts anyway.
Jonny5 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 11:59 AM
  #10734  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Just what I wanted to here. Thanks
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM
  #10735  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The D joints are a big friction reduction compared to the stock parts. The drive train is much more free which adds up to speed.
Originally Posted by Jonny5
Another +1 for the D Joints. Smoother, quieter, less wear. Very nice parts and worth the money, especially if you're in need of new center shafts anyway.
Will they work on the v3 buggy since the rear cvd shorter on the v3 ?
Briguy is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
  #10736  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,691
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by frozencone
Hi, Are they direct fit? Does it require and dremeling or trimming to fit?

Thanks.
Direct fit.
Autocratic is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 PM
  #10737  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Briguy
Will they work on the v3 buggy since the rear cvd shorter on the v3 ?
i am using it on my Dex410V3, direct fit with no problem.
GodOfWar is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 AM
  #10738  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (125)
 
Briguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GodOfWar
i am using it on my Dex410V3, direct fit with no problem.
Thanks !




On a different note , does anyone know where I can get an under tray other than from team-azarashi ? Really don`t want to wait a month to get it .
Briguy is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:24 AM
  #10739  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Briguy
Thanks !




On a different note , does anyone know where I can get an under tray other than from team-azarashi ? Really don`t want to wait a month to get it .
I ordered a couple from Bugle Boy in Australia. Had them in about a week, air mail. Fitment is nice, but I only got them for outdoor. For indoor I would just use the AE chassis tape. Stuff is plenty tough for the clay at LHR. Lasts about 2-3 race days outdoor though.
Jonny5 is offline  
Old 08-07-2012, 06:56 PM
  #10740  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
TD330004 front outer hinge pin holder
TD330006 front inner hinge pin holder
TD330307 Adjustable rear outer hanger
TD330309 hanger inserts (for above)
TD330008 inner rear hinge pin holder
TD330037 pivot balls
TD320007 skid plate
TD330007 1degree rear hubs

RPM73392 RPM Long Shank Ball cups
ASC31284 TC5 8mm ballstud (fairly certain this is the right part#)

KYOORG05 Kyosho O-rings or TD330099 DNX408 O-ring to replace Diff X-ring

Worthy upgrades: TD330016 Caster Left
TD330019 Caster Right
So this is all that's required right? I've seen people recommending aluminum diff hoops and servo saver arms. Those are just for preferences right?

Thanks!
fung_kyle is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.