Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:27 PM
KH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Ken, I have an extra set of 1deg Tresrey hubs with the big outer bearings. No more bearing issues back there. Hit me up at the track if you want.
Sounds good dude. See u tomorrow?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Regarding the v3, what parts should I pay attention to?

I already changed the diff hoops and servo saver crank to tresrey, also found the hard way that an aluminum servo horn is needed. After a crash I noted that a turnbuckle didnt popped out or broke it just simply got pushed in (went from 21mm to 17 mm) and the stock plastic servo horn jumped a few teeths.

So, what else should I work on?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
Regarding the v3, what parts should I pay attention to?

I already changed the diff hoops and servo saver crank to tresrey, also found the hard way that an aluminum servo horn is needed. After a crash I noted that a turnbuckle didnt popped out or broke it just simply got pushed in (went from 21mm to 17 mm) and the stock plastic servo horn jumped a few teeths.

So, what else should I work on?
Look out for the people behind you!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

If you have good soldering skills or the right pin crimp set I would suggest custom length servo wires to eliminate excessive wire under body. I found wire can find its way to moving parts and can help trap hot air under the shell.
I custom cut all my wires to help with under body airflow. Try also two layers of mounting tape under esc and RX to dampen hard shock from chassis.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KH
Sounds good dude. See u tomorrow?
Won't be racing, but I'll cruise out there and bring the hubs.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Look out for the people behind you!
Yeah! LOL ! And also the ones on the next lane that after a jump always finds my car as a nice place to land.

Originally Posted by INFERN0
If you have good soldering skills or the right pin crimp set I would suggest custom length servo wires to eliminate excessive wire under body. I found wire can find its way to moving parts and can help trap hot air under the shell.
I custom cut all my wires to help with under body airflow. Try also two layers of mounting tape under esc and RX to dampen hard shock from chassis.
Hmm good call, theres a messy set of wires on mine.

I was also thinking on cutting the lower sides on the front of the body for a little airflow.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

so i been having issues with the axle pin coming off..tried locktite blue still keeps coming off..now my rear arm is all jacked up..going to try red locktite and its not striped..anyone know what pin is compatible ? cant seem to find it on amainhobbies for stock not sure the size on the axle pin 2mm pin shaft??..what other brand pin will work?

also i notice my rear drive shaft got hot is that normal? i do have grease on my rear diff still no leaking..

thanks
Old 08-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iMarky
so i been having issues with the axle pin coming off..tried locktite blue still keeps coming off..now my rear arm is all jacked up..going to try red locktite and its not striped..anyone know what pin is compatible ? cant seem to find it on amainhobbies for stock not sure the size on the axle pin 2mm pin shaft??..what other brand pin will work?

also i notice my rear drive shaft got hot is that normal? i do have grease on my rear diff still no leaking..

thanks
Yup you need Red locktite on all of those. Tower has them http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCCLV&P=7
See them on ebay too.

Part # 310120.

A little heat maybe normal but not "hot'. The heat maybe from a bad bearing.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The center drives do get rather warm after a long run. Just check for abnormal binding every so often. Of course the more they wear the more heat they will generate. The rear drive is far more critical as a failing pin can cost you a battery. It is easy to check since you will be handling them every time you change packs.

I have had good luck adding another set screw to the other side of all my cvds. You do have to dremel them down for the correct clearance. The key is to get them together when they are free of any lubrication. Once they are greased, the chances of getting the parts to stay together decreases tremendously no matter which type of thread lock is used.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Regarding Lubricants on CVD's, I've had good results with a dry wax lub, specifically http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Lubricant-4oz
Old 08-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iMarky

thanks
Prob solved.
http://www.tresrey-usa.com/tresrey-a...eel-hub-clamp/
Old 08-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The hex is not his problem it is the 2mm pin in the axle joint itself. I did what others have done. Clean with motor spray and red loctite. Also make sure you get the flat spot in the correct spot so the grub screw is in it. Let dry before you use the car.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tonyd
The hex is not his problem it is the 2mm pin in the axle joint itself. I did what others have done. Clean with motor spray and red loctite. Also make sure you get the flat spot in the correct spot so the grub screw is in it. Let dry before you use the car.
Try using two grubscrews, although I tighten the additional one a little first (opposite the flat side) then tighten the flat side one. Never had a pin come out.

Hoping that next years kit will come with captured cvd'd like the truck and 2wd.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

so i just picked up a DEX410R and looking to get back into racing after a 15yr absence. Without going through 715 pages of this thread, are their any MUST mods/tweaks to the car that I should do? I'm already installing the aluminum arm mounts as a starting point. Anyone using the D-Joint center universals?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

your ultimate solutions on a loose CVD pin
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-dsc00941.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-dsc00945.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.