Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Try having drive to just the front or just the back see if you can narrow it down more, but if you can get some graphite powder or dry lube in the joints it will help. Mine is/was like that and notice a big difference once lubed up

The durangos are known to be loud cars that way the turn marshalls can hear them coming or when they are over turned and need assistance

The new D links do a lot with noise... and the original durango spurs are noisy. If you can get a RW spur or schumacher that helps as well
Old 06-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester

Keep an eye on your CVD pin wear. They wear pretty fast and good to keep a couple of sets in your pit box and replace them as needed.
What/how are you replacing yours? A specific tool of hammer and nail?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default carbon upgrade

why am I making it into an onroad?
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-20120614_204234.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-20120614_204914.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
why am I making it into an onroad?
have you run it yet?
what sort of surface do you run on?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyl03
have you run it yet?
what sort of surface do you run on?
before with aluminum chassis (out thebox)i ran indoor dirt. now with carbon and some gold cosmetics i dont want to run it looks so c
ean!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Well got my V3 up and running first time on the indoor track couple screws came out and pin but was no problem fixed it..

The buggy tends to nose dive when hitting the jumps I'm running all stock springs..what oil shocks/springs do you guys use ? how do I fix the nose down issues ? Lower ride height on rear or front? Didn't have much time to play on the track..

Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iMarky
Well got my V3 up and running first time on the indoor track couple screws came out and pin but was no problem fixed it..

The buggy tends to nose dive when hitting the jumps I'm running all stock springs..what oil shocks/springs do you guys use ? how do I fix the nose down issues ? Lower ride height on rear or front? Didn't have much time to play on the track..

Thanks
Is it jumping nose down, or is the back end getting thrown over the front off a jump face? Are you running any drag brake? If no drag brake, try either raising your ride height a little bit or a firmer rear spring. The back end may be slapping the jump face and bucking it over in the air.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Is it jumping nose down, or is the back end getting thrown over the front off a jump face? Are you running any drag brake? If no drag brake, try either raising your ride height a little bit or a firmer rear spring. The back end may be slapping the jump face and bucking it over in the air.
Yeah I have drag break on..I still need to set esc up too..you guys use drag breaks and how much breaking do you use and throttle curve..? Nose dives and the rear tends to go up and bottoms out on big jumps also flips easy on wagon wheel with little hump jumps when I Cornner turn it..maybe it's just me I need to change my driving style and get use to it that's why I'm flipping on that wagon wheel..

What piston size you guys using on the shocks? Front/rear..with oil wt..

Can't post pics yet so I'm just going to chat chat around
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah I have drag break on..I still need to set esc up too..you guys use drag breaks and how much breaking do you use and throttle curve..? Nose dives and the rear tends to go up and bottoms out on big jumps also flips easy on wagon wheel with little hump jumps when I Cornner turn it..maybe it's just me I need to change my driving style and get use to it that's why I'm flipping on that wagon wheel..

First turn off the drag brake. Are you running big bores? With big bores we've been using 5 hole 1.3 front and rear with 35 Losi front and 37.5 Losi rear. Regular bores we ran stock 2 hole front and stock 3 hole rear with 35 Losi all around. This is on medium-high bite clay that's pretty smooth.

Need to know what kind of esc you're running to get anywhere with those settings.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jonny5
First turn off the drag brake. Are you running big bores? With big bores we've been using 5 hole 1.3 front and rear with 35 Losi front and 37.5 Losi rear. Regular bores we ran stock 2 hole front and stock 3 hole rear with 35 Losi all around. This is on medium-high bite clay that's pretty smooth.

Need to know what kind of esc you're running to get anywhere with those settings.
Big bores..using 5 holes on piston..can't remember size of the holes on piston I think it's the smallest on because it came with 2 size and I put the small size..as for esc I'm using viper vtx10..like that esc with pro gauge easy to use and don't have to carry a laptop around reason why I got it..plus running a reedy 7.5 with 21t on piņon

Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1slash
Ok I got the video up (you have to turn the sound up a bit to hear the odd sounds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBQcefQp7k8

Yep just checked the hex's and wheels and they all look fine. also sprayed some WD40 on the CVD's before running, but still made the sound.
check drive-line bearings, especially hubs.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

IMO: The DEX needs no drag-brake, drag brake is usually used on cars that push, to help them turn in better. By adding a little brake off throttle, weight transfers to front and gives you more steering. The DEX has steering for days...
Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dexon555
IMO: The DEX needs no drag-brake, drag brake is usually used on cars that push, to help them turn in better. By adding a little brake off throttle, weight transfers to front and gives you more steering. The DEX has steering for days...
I see no wonder I was sliding on the end sweeper at the end of the straight away
No bite turn at all I would just slide sideways and hit the pipes..need to change that drag brake off and see..

Also you guys using sway bars all around ?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can you use a shorty lipo in this buggy? Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic
Can you use a shorty lipo in this buggy? Thanks
yes
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-dsc_7496.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.