Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Car looks good! Do you know a Brandon D.? Races a 22. He was out here for a few years but just recently moved back to San Diego. Cool dude, just wonder if you guys race at the same track........
I've seen a Brandon D. at SDRC a couple of times. Fast guy.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dexon555
Nice paint.
Thanks, jb
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There is no bad batch of cvd bones. Anything can break on any given day. The slipper is mean to reduce shock loads and prevent major failures, it's there for a reason.

The bone in the picture though looks like it might have bound up or seized and then broke
Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
There is no bad batch of cvd bones. Anything can break on any given day. The slipper is mean to reduce shock loads and prevent major failures, it's there for a reason.

The bone in the picture though looks like it might have bound up or seized and then broke
Well, you are right on things breaking at anytime, but I have never seen a cvd break where, and as easily as mine did, no crash, no binding. I seriously hope there is a quality issue with the CVD's, or at least in my case, because if they break this easy, you will see a lot of 410's for sale, mine included..
Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I was very surprised to see your break . I had the original 410r , a V3 when first came out , and my other V3 should be here tomorrow . The only CVDs I ever broke was fronts when I was breaking spindles from rubs or bad landing . But have seen people rip apart the drive train because the slipper was to tight .

This is an awesome and durable buggy !
Old 05-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Well, you are right on things breaking at anytime, but I have never seen a cvd break where, and as easily as mine did, no crash, no binding. I seriously hope there is a quality issue with the CVD's, or at least in my case, because if they break this easy, you will see a lot of 410's for sale, mine included..
Agreed this buggy is TOUGH!! But, I would still say ask Durango and see what they say, I am sure they did testing on the CVD's to see how they break. If its a fluke thing than hey, its a fluke thing... But make them aware and they can document it.

Like I can tell you that the ring gears can be caused by two things: 1.) improper shimming 2.) Porosity in the casting ( I took photos of mine NIB and sure enough it was a bad batch, they sent me two new ones.. No issues with them since.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Agreed this buggy is TOUGH!! But, I would still say ask Durango and see what they say, I am sure they did testing on the CVD's to see how they break. If its a fluke thing than hey, its a fluke thing... But make them aware and they can document it.

Like I can tell you that the ring gears can be caused by two things: 1.) improper shimming 2.) Porosity in the casting ( I took photos of mine NIB and sure enough it was a bad batch, they sent me two new ones.. No issues with them since.
I am not doubting that, and I am assuming mine was a fluke or a bad part, because of how clean it broke. Like I said before, no crash, slightly nosed into a slower speed small double before a tight left hand turn, and the car did donuts..lol I sent an email to Durango, although I am unsure if I sent to the correct address. I have already replaced the part, and am not looking for a freebie, just want them to know more than anything else. I enjoyed the build,. and look forward to putting a few more laps in next time
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Can't say that there was a bad batch but the outer hinge pins on the DEX408 have been breaking too. I just heated mine up with a torch to temper them a little bit more. Maybe the new items have been hardened to much? Could be purely isolated.....
Old 05-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Just making an observation that there has been many reported Dog-bone failures from New V3 kits of late. Go back and count them. This is a new occurance, because it was never a reported issue on the DEX410 in such numbers before now.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

I guess that the drive shafts are pressure cast as machining would be a complete nightmare and expense for something so small. If they are cast then it is more than possible that there was an inclusion/porosity in the metal where it has broken, especially as where the breakages are where there is a thickness or size change in the cast.
This doesn't mean a batch issue, but could just a duff component that has slipped through the net. I've also seen a new 410R do this at might local track. Even so TD should replace the broken parts.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm all for reporting it. That is the only way that the factory will know to look into any potential issues.

I have no doubt that that breakage being as "odd" as it was is likely an isolated incidence. Regardless I've mentioned it to the powers that be and they're aware and paying attention.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

but there is so many more people having no issues at all with motors in the 5.5 to 6.5T with plenty of power

i would like to know how tight the slippers are , as every drive line takes a whole heap of pressure if there is no slip at all

i think its 8.2mm of thread showing on the slipper clutch maybe check you slipper setting to make sure its not to tight?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey ~

I am getting a v3 and would like to know what parts I should stock up on for racing. Front arms?

What maintenance at what frequency do you regularly do?

Also, can anyone share any good clay setups with me? I will be running this at WCRC in Southern Cali.

It's been a while since I ran a 4wd and I'm looking forward to running one that does not break every time you look at it!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Hey ~

I am getting a v3 and would like to know what parts I should stock up on for racing. Front arms?

What maintenance at what frequency do you regularly do?

Also, can anyone share any good clay setups with me? I will be running this at WCRC in Southern Cali.

It's been a while since I ran a 4wd and I'm looking forward to running one that does not break every time you look at it!
The DEX410 is super durable, dare I say the most durable in the class. I highly recommend reading the "tricks & tips" section of the TD web-site. The usual suspects would be a good idea.

Full set of A-arms.
Set of hinge pins.
Full set of bearings (Boca Bearings $23 for entire set)
Spurgear.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dexon555
The DEX410 is super durable, dare I say the most durable in the class. I highly recommend reading the "tricks & tips" section of the TD web-site. The usual suspects would be a good idea.

Full set of A-arms.
Set of hinge pins.
Full set of bearings (Boca Bearings $23 for entire set)
Spurgear.
Sweet. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.