Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Guys I know this is a typical "tuning 101" question but I'm still getting my feet wet with this car and it responds different from my Schumachers of the past. Will raising the rear roll center increase my rear side bite? Plenty of steering, diffs are setup with 10 front 7 rear, the front end pulls the cars through the turns nicely but gets a little skittish on me. I've played with springs and rear shock position and I'm not getting any closer. Rear camber link is in the lower inner hole, and it's setup for low roll center with the hinge pin mounts with the 4 on the rear. Tires are right, just looking for a little more to keep the rear end under control. It's also got the carbon rear mount and I was thinking about switching to the pastic for a little more flex. Just looking for some ideas fellas and any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Gotta go...super clean
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...att-parts.html
Old 04-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Guys I know this is a typical "tuning 101" question but I'm still getting my feet wet with this car and it responds different from my Schumachers of the past. Will raising the rear roll center increase my rear side bite? Plenty of steering, diffs are setup with 10 front 7 rear, the front end pulls the cars through the turns nicely but gets a little skittish on me. I've played with springs and rear shock position and I'm not getting any closer. Rear camber link is in the lower inner hole, and it's setup for low roll center with the hinge pin mounts with the 4 on the rear. Tires are right, just looking for a little more to keep the rear end under control. It's also got the carbon rear mount and I was thinking about switching to the pastic for a little more flex. Just looking for some ideas fellas and any help would be appreciated!
Joe, a few things come to mind. Are you running the full weight set (help alot)? Change the hanger from 4 to 2 to decrease your anti squat. Also change your oils to 5/5 or 5/3 and see if you like it. Also make sure all your bottoms on the shocks are out. Also unscrew your front shock eyelets (bottom) out 2 full turns to increase front droop. Try this and report back. Maybe we can meet up at the track one day! Good Luck........
Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Does the dex410rv3 come with big bore shocks????
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mnracer
Does the dex410rv3 come with big bore shocks????
The "RV3" does not, but the "V3" does..
Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello,

I am looking at getting a 410 V3 and getting 12mm hex for the rear (due to my supply of rims)
I was thinking of the J Concepts ones.
Which one fits (there seems to be a few varients)?
Is there anything else out there that will work?
Thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Leave the RF hinge pin mount in the lower position. In addition to what Bman said, try raising your rear inner link position- one spot at a time. If you're still loose then try a longer rear link.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Leave the RF hinge pin mount in the lower position. In addition to what Bman said, try raising your rear inner link position- one spot at a time. If you're still loose then try a longer rear link.
Thanks fellas, that's the direction I was heading towards. Whassup Bman! It's Don Howe's old car and is in great shape, now just need to do a little wrenching to get the rear end where I want it. You're liking the 5/3 for oils right? Which brand you using? I usually stick to Mugen, I like the consistency of it. I know the shocks up front are screwed all the way on the shaft so I'll increase the droop after I see what going from the 4 rear mount to the 2. Shock locations match up to what you mentioned and I do have the full weight set on it. After changing the RR block I'm going to raise the link, was kind of surprised it was as low as it was to begin with. The car is very close, like I said just looking for that little bit extra in the rear end. I love being able to dive inside B44's to make the pass
Old 04-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks fellas, that's the direction I was heading towards. Whassup Bman! It's Don Howe's old car and is in great shape, now just need to do a little wrenching to get the rear end where I want it. You're liking the 5/3 for oils right? Which brand you using? I usually stick to Mugen, I like the consistency of it. I know the shocks up front are screwed all the way on the shaft so I'll increase the droop after I see what going from the 4 rear mount to the 2. Shock locations match up to what you mentioned and I do have the full weight set on it. After changing the RR block I'm going to raise the link, was kind of surprised it was as low as it was to begin with. The car is very close, like I said just looking for that little bit extra in the rear end. I love being able to dive inside B44's to make the pass
Joe, running Losi oil and start with 5/3. When traction comes up or when you start roasting the inside rear tire, go up to 5. Seems to work good for me. As for the AE cars you have some very good talent running them, so it's gonna take everything we have to beat themů
Old 04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

will running with out a rear sway bar help with rear traction? im currently running the thinnest sway bar for the rear and none up front. also has anyone had any issues breaking rear shock towers? i have broken 2 of them since i installed the lunsford titanium shock mounts. i also broke a front shock tower none of them broke from fliping the car on its lid. either way i got the aluminum towers for durablility but dam there heavy.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dirtydan
will running with out a rear sway bar help with rear traction? im currently running the thinnest sway bar for the rear and none up front. also has anyone had any issues breaking rear shock towers? i have broken 2 of them since i installed the lunsford titanium shock mounts. i also broke a front shock tower none of them broke from fliping the car on its lid. either way i got the aluminum towers for durablility but dam there heavy.

Yes, taking off the swaybar will help with rear traction. I have never seen anyone break a rear tower. Maybe your over tightening them? Deffnitely not the norm.......
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Anyone have a backup body they want to part with? I need a lid for my V3 this weekend, and I dont want to "one color wonder" mine yet..
Old 04-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Yes, taking off the swaybar will help with rear traction. I have never seen anyone break a rear tower. Maybe your over tightening them? Deffnitely not the norm.......
over tightening what?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Anyone have a backup body they want to part with? I need a lid for my V3 this weekend, and I dont want to "one color wonder" mine yet..
Black and red flamed Tresrey body...
Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Black and red flamed Tresrey body...
YGPM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.