Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I just ordered one of those V3 beasts. After reading maybe the last 100 pages the last days, I want to make sure, that I have some "tuning"-parts to prevent myself from going home after the first laps.

If I remember correct, then weak points are the plastic geardiff holder front and rear, the servo saver arm and the gear diff x-rings. I would replace the first three with Tresrey parts as these are available in Germany. What about the x-rings for the diffs? What partnumber from which company are you using?

Are there any other parts that are popular for being a weak point which I should have as backup (I am reentering Offroad and will most likely have some stupid crashs).

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default V3 Hop-Ups

Originally Posted by wtcc
Hey guys,

I just ordered one of those V3 beasts. After reading maybe the last 100 pages the last days, I want to make sure, that I have some "tuning"-parts to prevent myself from going home after the first laps.

If I remember correct, then weak points are the plastic geardiff holder front and rear, the servo saver arm and the gear diff x-rings. I would replace the first three with Tresrey parts as these are available in Germany. What about the x-rings for the diffs? What partnumber from which company are you using?

Are there any other parts that are popular for being a weak point which I should have as backup (I am reentering Offroad and will most likely have some stupid crashs).

Thanks!
Front and rear Aluminum Diff Hoops. Tresrey makes F/R, TD make R, your choice. Some people replace upper servo saver link with aluminum, you can get this from Tresrey or Racer's Edge.
Use thread lock on screw that connects servo linkage to servo saver. Replace diff seals with Tresrey seals or use Kyosho P-5 or use lower shock seals from TD DNX408/DEX408.

Finally read all the articles in the tips and tricks section of the TD website, super important.

Take you time building and enjoy!!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default V3

Originally Posted by LKracer
Can someone advise easy to spot differences between the DEX410 vs the V3 what parts did they update? I'm looking to get back into racing after nearly 10years looking to purchase a used buggy that was raced once, owner doesn't know if its a V3.. thanks for the help
Chassis also has deeper counter sunk holes on the bottom to allow screw heads to last longer.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Boz
td330016 & td330019 are the 17deg caster blocks Aluminum
td330335 & td330336 are the 21deg caster blocks Aluminum (markings on block)
td330125 are the standard plastic ones. Caster = ?

What is the part number for the 19deg caster blocks?

The stock composite caster blocks are also 17 degrees.

I made a mistake - the 19 degree caster blocks aren't here yet. They have been tested by the team but not put on the system.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Hey guys,

Thanks!
I think the v3,s come with the 408 shock seals for the diff instead of the x rings. i dont have a v3 but maybe someone who does can confirm if it does or not.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
I think the v3,s come with the 408 shock seals for the diff instead of the x rings. i dont have a v3 but maybe someone who does can confirm if it does or not.
Correct, no more x rings.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Futaba Rx + Havoc Pro SC- Will they fit?

Hi,
I'm planning to buy a Havoc Pro SC (same size as Kinetic- 1.16" X 1.47") for my RC10B4. I also have a Futaba receiver (R2004GF- 1.54" x 1.02").

Later in the summer, I'll be buying a DEX410R v3. Will these electronics fit in the Durango?

I'd also like to run the ESC with the fan to help with cooling. Will the body clear the ESC + Fan?

If anyone runs a setup like this, I would love to see a picture of how to fit everything in and do the wiring.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc10b4awd
Hi,
I'm planning to buy a Havoc Pro SC (same size as Kinetic- 1.16" X 1.47") for my RC10B4. I also have a Futaba receiver (R2004GF- 1.54" x 1.02").

Later in the summer, I'll be buying a DEX410R v3. Will these electronics fit in the Durango?

I'd also like to run the ESC with the fan to help with cooling. Will the body clear the ESC + Fan?

If anyone runs a setup like this, I would love to see a picture of how to fit everything in and do the wiring.

Thanks.

I'm running the rx8 in mine at the moment, without the fan though, so I'm sure you'll fit yours in there with a little bit of massaging most esc's will fit, mine is proof!

Cheers Justin
Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

hello there,

i am currently rebuilding my dex410r and i noticed my steering bell cranks are slightly binding causing the bell cranks to almost jitter when moving.

what would the cause of this be it was fine when i built it new and it does not effect the steering because it did not effect the servo.

many thanks

lewis
Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've finally brought out my 410 out of the closet and wired it up and ran some laps at our local track last nite. it was nice to see it running after almost a full year or no use, the class kinda died down but a few fellow racers want to get the class going again. when I was running last nite I notice a clicking noise coming from the drivetrain, I pulled the rear gear box out and inspected the ring and pinion. looked good to me and there was no teeth missing from the ring since I've used the optional ring gear. I havent checked the front yet gotta do that today. but I was really curios to why it sounded like that when the buggy was on the ground but when I pick it up and hold the throttle the noise wasn't there. has anyone had this issue before or know what I might need to check that I haven't looked or need to look at? I'm gonna go over the whole thing today while racing. any info/advise is greatly appreciated

thanks, D
Old 04-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

OMG, Page 666, on Friday the 13th

derbrylac - Obviously check that front Ring gear. Also check the spur for a lost tooth or a tiny rock in there. I've had noise issues that go away when the car is off its wheels, then come back when its on the track. Possibly a bad bearing also. The stockers aren't so great.

lewis - did you install the tiny shim on top of the bearings in the bellcrank when you rebuilt it ? Also I was building my new v3 last night and installed the wrong screw (too long) when installing the whole crank assembly and the screw was in contact with the gold Servo Saver adjuster which was causing binding.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

let's change that page number then lol, also my steering doesnt feel as smooth going left to right and vise versa. it feels like when it's going back to center like there's a notch where it hits to go back to center. weird never had any of this issues before. I guess that's what I get for neglecting this buggy for a long time lol. thanks for the input toba
Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Is there any adapter to use 12mm hex wheels? I have a lot of them..
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

the jconcepts adapters for the b4 and b44 will fit.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
Does that mean that I cannot use this part:

Tresrey O-RING P5 (BLACK/8pcs) #TYS246

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.