Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default DEX410

Originally Posted by mcheroke
Took my v3 and 210 out to sdrc yesterday for the first time out. The 410 has to be the most fun car I have ever driven hands down. I didn't break anything but I did run into a problem towards the end of the day however. The screw backed out of the bottom of one of the aluminum c hubs (should have used red locktite I guess not blue) and the chromed hat bushing fell out somewhere over the double tabletop. Does anyone know if the hat bushing from the tlr 22 would work since I'm sure these aren't available from Durango? The inside diameter of the bushing should be the same since it uses an m3 screw to attach thru the bottom of the steering knuckle into the c hub.
+1 on the huge fun factor.

Those bushings are available everywhere. You gotta put a tiny dot of TD's red thread lock on any screw that fastens to metal. Check also where the servo link arm connects to steering link. its an upside down tapered screw that fastens to a pivot ball. A place the manual fails to show thread lock application.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Took my v3 and 210 out to sdrc yesterday for the first time out. The 410 has to be the most fun car I have ever driven hands down. I didn't break anything but I did run into a problem towards the end of the day however. The screw backed out of the bottom of one of the aluminum c hubs (should have used red locktite I guess not blue) and the chromed hat bushing fell out somewhere over the double tabletop. Does anyone know if the hat bushing from the tlr 22 would work since I'm sure these aren't available from Durango? The inside diameter of the bushing should be the same since it uses an m3 screw to attach thru the bottom of the steering knuckle into the c hub.
If you bought the V3 new, it should have came with one extra. At least the old Dexx410's did
Old 03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dexon555
+1 on the huge fun factor.

Those bushings are available everywhere. You gotta put a tiny dot of TD's red thread lock on any screw that fastens to metal. Check also where the servo link arm connects to steering link. its an upside down tapered screw that fastens to a pivot ball. A place the manual fails to show thread lock application.
Funny you mentioned the servo link, that loosened up and I lost steering in the first couple of laps. A little loctite fixed that. I checked the bag o spares that Durango includes in the kit and there wasn't an extra hat bushing. I did check Durango's website and it shows they are available but we all know the website is full of poop 90% of the time. I placed a call to my lhs this morning and they are seeing if HRP really has them in stock.

Has anyone had issues with the sway bar pivot balls stripping out while trying to tighten the setscrew down to the wire?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default DEX410

Funny you mentioned the servo link, that loosened up and I lost steering in the first couple of laps. A little loctite fixed that. I checked the bag o spares that Durango includes in the kit and there wasn't an extra hat bushing. I did check Durango's website and it shows they are available but we all know the website is full of poop 90% of the time. I placed a call to my lhs this morning and they are seeing if HRP really has them in stock.

Has anyone had issues with the sway bar pivot balls stripping out while trying to tighten the setscrew down to the wire?
You are right about the knuckle bushings, I did a online search and they were backordered. How the TD parts site works is, if the item is shown as in stock there (green bars) then the parts exist in Germany. HRP, just has not ordered, or received it yet. The good / bad news is that if you wanted to you could order the parts direct from Germany. This however is very expensive because they only ship to U.S. in next day format. You could also check e-bay, people have developed a cottage industry of buying complete kits and parting them out. Other alternatives are companies like TSR Products, Tresrey, DE racing, Proline (for Bodies) etc...

Below is a link to the tech article about the swaybar mod, it can be found in the Tricks and Tips section of their web site. I would not build a Durango without checking all those articles first.

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/cat...ndtips/page/2/

Don't give up, it's still the fastest car out there. Parts availability will get ten-times better when the HRP contract expires. Hope this helps...

Last edited by dexon555; 03-27-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

hi im going to buy the orion r10 and i want to know if it fits well in the car becouse i have a mamba max and i have to put it sideways I know the lrp and the tekin are smaller but I like the orion (if it dosnt fit well I would buy lrp) and I appreciate so much if you can put a pic and by the way anybody knows if it can be adjust without the programming box?? its so expensive...
Old 03-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool +1 on swaybar...

My pivot balls did strip with very slight tension! I was surprised especially with it being from my v3 kit! So I just run rear sway bars anyway! Other than that it's a great buggy!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Can someone give me a quick refresh on tires?

Losi front Blockheads
Losi front/rear Sprints
Proline Holeshots front/rear

When do/don't use these tires on this car?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rideordieguy1
My pivot balls did strip with very slight tension! I was surprised especially with it being from my v3 kit! So I just run rear sway bars anyway! Other than that it's a great buggy!
Same for me mate rear only for sway bars
Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomi30
hi im going to buy the orion r10 and i want to know if it fits well in the car becouse i have a mamba max and i have to put it sideways I know the lrp and the tekin are smaller but I like the orion (if it dosnt fit well I would buy lrp) and I appreciate so much if you can put a pic and by the way anybody knows if it can be adjust without the programming box?? its so expensive...
Not an Orion, but the Tresrey GT2.0 Pro is similar size and fits well. The Orion will fit no problem, as long as your receiver isn't as big as the old grey Spektrums

Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomi30
Orion R10 fits fine as long as you are careful where you put everything. I'll get a pic later of mine. I had a tekin rs pro before and replaced it with the R10.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hopefully the hobbywing v3 will be out in the next few weeks. should be a bit cheaper than the orion. the program box is about 1/3 the price
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-hobbywing_v3_esc_2.jpg  

Last edited by ozzy-crawl; 03-27-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I really wish I could find the "new" R version of this car somewhere

DEX410Rv3

If someone knows where to get one, let me know. I would go with the V3, but are unavailable still from HRP
Old 03-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Initiate

jonny5 thks for the pic!!

Originally Posted by Qwkrn U
Orion R10 fits fine as long as you are careful where you put everything. I'll get a pic later of mine. I had a tekin rs pro before and replaced it with the R10.
the 160 2-3s comes only with foward/brake? can you change to foward/ brake/reverse or adjust it without the setting box?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool Dex 410 V3 R...

Originally Posted by FLHX1550

DEX410Rv3

If someone knows where to get one, let me know. I would go with the V3, but are unavailable still from HRP
What's up dude! I got my V3 from Tresrey-USA. The R version seems to
Always be in stock
Check the online store!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550

DEX410Rv3

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=7777

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.