Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Maybe the Tresrey hub, will cure all.. I don't have that problem.
Tresrey Propaganda getting old...

What I did was drill a very tiny hole next to the hinge pin hole and screwed in a button head that fits over the hinge pin so it doesn't slide out.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

[QUOTE=TAMAK;10491793]Tresrey Propaganda getting old...

What I did was drill a very tiny hole next to the hinge pin hole and screwed in a button head that fits over the hinge pin so it doesn't slide out.

Bman, has been using the Tresrey hub for over a year without a issue. Ask him for his take on it.. A alloy hub with a machined hole for a set screw will have greater clamping force than a plastic hole , especially something that small. Besides, do you really want to go add another hole to the hub, increasing the stress factor, and chances of breaking due to the hole?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Raul Garcia;10491861]
Originally Posted by TAMAK
Tresrey Propaganda getting old...

Bman, has been using the Tresrey hub for over a year without a issue. Ask him for his take on it.. A alloy hub with a machined hole for a set screw will have greater clamping force than a plastic hole , especially something that small. Besides, do you really want to go add another hole to the hub, increasing the stress factor, and chances of breaking due to the hole?
Not all people are going to spend $50 on hubs. I think we had this conversation before. I just want to give him a option that wont break the bank. And the hole is not in the hub but on the Arms. Like the DEX210 setup. I only drilled one hole and button head screw to capture the hinge pin in, combined with the set screw you should have no problems

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-td330337m.jpg
Old 03-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dexon555
I am sick of the rear outside hige pin migration, the new rear hub design in the V3 gave me hope. That soon disapeared when the left side slid out more than 50% during practice then the pin sheared off on a ajump landing. I need hinge pins that screw together like the rear of the DESC410R or one that uses E-clips on either end of the shaft. I tried longer / larger set screw, I've even used shoe-goo to hold set screw, with limited success. Has someone solved this issue? Any creative solutions? Please share.
Make sure you don't tighten the grub screw in the hub too much as it could strip. The hiunge pins have a relief where the grub screw goes in. Maybe grind the grub screw end flatter with a dremel so there is more contact area on the hinge pin.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=TAMAK;10491883]
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia

Not all people are going to spend $50 on hubs. I think we had this conversation before. I just want to give him a option that wont break the bank. And the hole is not in the hub but on the Arms. Like the DEX210 setup. I only drilled one hole and button head screw to capture the hinge pin in, combined with the set screw you should have no problems

Attachment 896726
I have thought of the DEX210's solution, but the surface area to drill is so small. Are you using a M2 button screw?

The Tresrey part would solve the problem but also add weight, and I would have to buy both the 1deg and the 0deg for tuning choices, an expensive option indeed.

The v3 hubs come stock with an over-sized bearing which would have been a worth while update from Tresrey, but is now stock.

Flat grub screw should also help, thank you. Similar to TD's swaybar tech update.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=dexon555;10492000]

I have thought of the DEX210's solution, but the surface area to drill is so small. Are you using a M2 button screw?.
Yep, http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD705029
Old 03-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default Picture Please

[QUOTE=TAMAK;10492042]
Can you post a confidence building photo?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=dexon555;10492050]

Can you post a confidence building photo?
Sure I will get one on here tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Local shop (who actually has sold allot of Durango equipment) says that the kits are on back-order for weeks from HRP (he's not sure if he can get them at all). Have things changed with the HRP/Hobbico status?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default 4wd Buggy options...

Been itching to get into 4wd 1/10 buggy. From the research I've done it seems that the top three kits are the B44.1, DEX410 V3 and the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP.

Off the bat I'm a bit weary of doing with the DEX410, due to the durability of Durango in general. It seems like a great car besides how fragile it can be. I realize this may be impacted by driver style, but seems that out on the track, even the best drivers have more parts break on the Durango than any of the of other top brands.

The AE and Kyosho also seem top notch. However they seem a bit dated a might be due for a update soon, so don't want to jump into something that will soon be refreshed.

The other major factor that I'm waiting on is to see what Losi TLR brings out to refresh the greatly outdated XXX. I own a 22B and love the darn thing. Been hearing rumors that TLR is designing a 4wd based on the 22 design.

Any input on these buggies is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by G SquareD; 03-20-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G SquareD
Been itching to get into 4wd 1/10 buggy. From the research I've done it seems that the top three kits are the B44.1, DEX410 V3 and the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP.

Off the bat I'm a bit weary of doing with the DEX410, due to the durability of Durango in general. It seems like a great car besides how fragile it can be. I realize this may be impacted by driver style, but seems that out on the track, even the best drives have more parts break on the Durango than any of the of other top brands.

The AE and Kyosho also seem top notch. However they seem a bit dated a might be due for a update soon, so don't want to jump into something that will soon be refreshed.

The other major factor that I'm waiting on is to see what Losi TLR brings out to refresh the greatly outdated XXX. I own a 22B and love the darn thing. Been hearing rumors that TLR is designing a 4wd based on the 22 design.

DEX410 is VERY durable!! Just replace the steering bell crank and GO (If you buy the V3). 4x4 buggy in general have durability issues.. We are asking these cars to go very fast and turn on a dime.

Good luck with your decision, all 3 cars can get you on the podium. The Rango will just make it easier...
Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

ive got the 410r and only thing that has broken running indoors and out has been a ball cup and the slipper nut which i over tightened. no broken or bent shock towers. no broken arms .
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ms. Conceptions.

Off the bat I'm a bit weary of doing with the DEX410, due to the durability of Durango in general. It seems like a great car besides how fragile it can be. I realize this may be impacted by driver style, but seems that out on the track, even the best drives have more parts break on the Durango than any of the of other top brands.

B44: Extremly fragile ball diffs, difficult to work on, lots of maintenence, smooth and easy to drive, less reactive handling. Parts availabilty is easy, huge after market.

Lazer ZX-5 FS2 SP: Ball diffs, super expensive parts, very dificult to find parts, small after market, drives butter smooth, pushes a little and not very quick.

New Losi 4wd Mod: Unknown could be good could be bad, currently unavailable with no due date. Plus lots of set-up time for new car.

DEX410(v3): Gear diffs, super easy to work on, very reactive handllig, very quick acceleration, stock bearings were garbage on older versions, extremely durable, growing aftermarket, parts difficult at times, but promised to get better, originally a very small company. Currently best race winning results. An absolute blast to drive.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default DEX410 v3

Off the bat I'm a bit weary of doing with the DEX410, due to the durability of Durango in general. It seems like a great car besides how fragile it can be. I realize this may be impacted by driver style, but seems that out on the track, even the best drivers have more parts break on the Durango than any of the of other top brands.

Gabe,

Go to Hobby Super store and pick up the last DEX410 V3 that Felix has. BTW, both RC Hobbies and Hobby Super Store stock Team Durango Parts.
Otherwise buy a used kit and save some money, I might be selling my Fully Loaded 2010 Spec since I just bought the v3. I was running the v3 on Sunday.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Gabe,

Go to Hobby Super store and pick up the last DEX410 V3 that Felix has. BTW, both RC Hobbies and Hobby Super Store stock Team Durango Parts.
Otherwise buy a used kit and save some money, I might be selling my Fully Loaded 2010 Spec since I just bought the v3. I was running the v3 on Sunday.
+1 they had kits when no one had them, and they have a bunch of parts instock. That's where I got my kit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.