Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slash and Burn
Used V3 or wait. If you are going to race, at most tracks, the V3 is the cheapest $100 you will ever spend (the difference between the V3 and the R V3). For racing, I can't imagine the justification of getting the R V3 over the V3, on our track the cars are night and day. Not that the R V3 won't work and that a fast driver couldn't kick my butt with it, but for the average to above average racer, the V3 is worth double the difference!
Hmm, I wonder why Lutz runs an R V3 then? If the differences were that great I am sure he would have the other one. Also, at least you know what you are getting if you buy the new one. Always the unknown with buying used.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Well I ordered the RV3 today. Should have it on Tuesday.

So far I ordered:
-Tresrey Servo Saver
-AKA Vector SS fronts + foam
-Front & rear TD quick shock mounts + pivot balls

I have a Viper VTX10R + Trinity D3 6.5T for electronics. Going to run a shorty.

Still need to know if the 210 rear wheels will work on the 410. They are different part #'s so I'm assuming different offsets?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Same rear rims.......
Old 03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmackani
Hmm, I wonder why Lutz runs an R V3 then? If the differences were that great I am sure he would have the other one. Also, at least you know what you are getting if you buy the new one. Always the unknown with buying used.
was thinking the same thing.
imo what he is seeing is a difference in drivers not cars as the 2 are the same car, just the 410 would be more durable.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Same rear rims.......
I figured they were, just wasn't 100% sure.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

not sure if this has already been posted http://www.redrc.net/2012/03/jconcep...ll/#more-53135
Jconcepts Finnisher body for the 410
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-jcondex410-1.jpg  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slash and Burn
Used V3 or wait. If you are going to race, at most tracks, the V3 is the cheapest $100 you will ever spend (the difference between the V3 and the R V3). For racing, I can't imagine the justification of getting the R V3 over the V3, on our track the cars are night and day. Not that the R V3 won't work and that a fast driver couldn't kick my butt with it, but for the average to above average racer, the V3 is worth double the difference!
Just an observation and some personal experience. Been running a 410R for well over 16months, most weeks.
If the mystical V3's were available, I would likely get the R version. Jorn switched back to the stock small bore shocks as I believe he just liked how they felt or made the car feel. I jumped on the bandwagon at my local track (before everyone sold their 410's and became haters) and got Big Bores - but I felt it made the car lazy. I like the edginess of how the 410 drives - alot of folks don't, and thats ok. But the Big bores to me took away the feel of the buggy, so I went back to stockers right away.

The only thing I'd maybe get (from the v3) is the new adjustable hinge pin holders.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 410 is coming

So I bought a DEX410v3 on here. I need to order a servo. Does anyone have a recommendation in the Hitec line? I have all Hitec and just want to keep it that way. I will be running an RS Pro / 6.5 Turn. Any other parts to consider? I have seen talk of the Tresrey Aluminum Servo Saver Crank. I also see where people are using the Tresrey Diff loops. Is this like the DESC where the rear is the only one really needed? Are the aluminum rear diff inserts needed? I have been reading this thread on and off for a while, but I would love to hear some recommendations. I need to order some parts asap.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rcmorgan540
So I bought a DEX410v3 on here. I need to order a servo. Does anyone have a recommendation in the Hitec line? I have all Hitec and just want to keep it that way. I will be running an RS Pro / 6.5 Turn. Any other parts to consider? I have seen talk of the Tresrey Aluminum Servo Saver Crank. I also see where people are using the Tresrey Diff loops. Is this like the DESC where the rear is the only one really needed? Are the aluminum rear diff inserts needed? I have been reading this thread on and off for a while, but I would love to hear some recommendations. I need to order some parts asap.
Hitec 7940th... Nuff said.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

I have the diff hoops on my DESC and I left my DEX stock both diff hoops and servo arm and running all winter never needed either.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The servo saver crank is a great upgrade for sure, and the rear diff hoop is provides piece of mind- if you case a jump with the chassis hard the plastic one breaks fairly easily. I'm a big fan of durability upgrades; breaking plastic parts and not finishing sucks. That said, run smooth, land straight, and don't get hit by another car and any car will finish races without upgrades.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

I've bust the rear diff hoop twice, maybe three times, replaced with Tresrey as thats all that was available at the time. So get the Tresrey or TD one.
Front busted once but I replaced it with a stock one and its been fine ever since (over a year I'd say).
I run the plastic diff inserts since I got the buggy. Zero issues. I've spent the $40 I saved on Ceramic Bearings
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im thinking about buying a dex410r just wondering will the venom v2 esc fit or will i have to buy another smaller esc
Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 79kmc
Im thinking about buying a dex410r just wondering will the venom v2 esc fit or will i have to buy another smaller esc
It should work if you have a micro esc. If its the same size as a SP GT2.0 pro than pretty much any "newer" 2.4 reciever can be shoe horned in.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Without looking up the specs the Venom is the same as the Hobbywing 120A isn't it? I've got the HW120A in mine with a Sanwa RX451 receiver.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.