Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How are those that run them the novak ballistic compaired to the LRP x12??

Jonny5 are you running a fan? What body shell

Anyone know when the proline bodies are going to be released.... heard the end of febuary when the last rumour went around
Old 03-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

one question guys,
the 2010 version has different wheels compared to the v3 version right? Is there any way to addapt the new wheels to the 2010 version?
I might get a second one 2010 version,that is why I`m asking, just in case the 2010 wheels are discontinued.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

They changed the v3 to 14mm hex front and rear. the hex are only a few $$$ if you can find them (the oem plastic ones).
As far as i heard they will no longer make 12mm hex front or pinned rear as they modded the molds to make the 14mm hexed wheels.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Is there any where to fuind durango ball cups? I need to get some new one but I can't find them. Does anyone else make them to fit the durango?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool Get Lunsford

Originally Posted by Breeze
Is there any where to fuind durango ball cups? I need to get some new one but I can't find them. Does anyone else make them to fit the durango?

Thanks
Get Lunsford conversion. Put em' on my 210 and v3 and never came off again!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onekiwi
How are those that run them the novak ballistic compaired to the LRP x12??

Jonny5 are you running a fan? What body shell

Anyone know when the proline bodies are going to be released.... heard the end of febuary when the last rumour went around
Cush's buggy has the Tresrey GT2.0 with a Speed Passion 7.5. And yes, 25mm fan on the esc.

He runs the Gainabull body as of now. Once the V3 Kuhler shell and the ProLine lids are available we'll try them out just to see if they drive different/better, but we like the Gainabull alot and it has lots of room inside for electronics.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs down

[email protected] is the correct email to contact HRP is that right?

I am very understanding of the issues this company is going threw with the overwhelming demand for this great product but I am truely at my wits end. I have ordered and paid in full the DEX410V3 at the beginning of November 2011 threw my valued LHS Average Joe's R/C in St Catherine's Ont. Canada where Joe has been told over and over that it is coming and will be in the coming shipments and to please bear with us, no problem we understand. Then as I sit here and watch as many racers here and locally talk about getting there V3 kit and building it and so on I am still left to pick my a$$ and wait, it has been 5 months and orders at many other places have been filled and sold and I am beyond frustrated at this time. I snt an email last night to the email above and look forward to the responce, like I said I understand things are tough atm for Team Durango with all the new changes in the works but when I have sat here and seen others getting the very product I ordered and paid for in November it is not a happy feeling.

Grrrr ok rant paused for now
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default Just convert.

Originally Posted by suparajicon
one question guys,
the 2010 version has different wheels compared to the v3 version right? Is there any way to addapt the new wheels to the 2010 version?
I might get a second one 2010 version,that is why I`m asking, just in case the 2010 wheels are discontinued.
Just convert to the New 14mm front / rear standard. Tresrey has brand new 14mm aluminum conversions on their website.

You will need to order a quantity of two per car.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default IMO

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
Got a kyosho fs2 sp at present. Not loving it and considering a 410.

Anyone had both? Prob a v3 I'd go for
Kyosho is smoother and easier to drive.
DEX410 is twitchy harder to drive but that being said, it is waaaaay faster and handling is quick and aggressive.
I think this is because of the DEX's gear diffs vs. the Kyosho's ball diffs.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dexon555
Kyosho is smoother and easier to drive.
DEX410 is twitchy harder to drive but that being said, it is waaaaay faster and handling is quick and aggressive.
I think this is because of the DEX's gear diffs vs. the Kyosho's ball diffs.

Just my opinion.
I'm planning on back to backing the car. Similar to what I have heard. I had a 410r and sold it due to it's aggressive drive. However new castor blocks coming for 410.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
I'm planning on back to backing the car. Similar to what I have heard. I had a 410r and sold it due to it's aggressive drive. However new castor blocks coming for 410.
If the car is overly aggressive an easy solution is to go heavy on the diff oils. It calms the car down alot exiting a corner and will soften the initial turn-in. Cush has been getting faster as we thicken up up oils and alter his driving approach- trending away from the drive it in real deep, point and shoot style to a more fluid touring car style. The car looks more stable from where I watch from and he feels its more predictable. This is after we had run as light as 3k/1k in the diffs trying to make the car drive how he wanted- which was way too hard. Kinda like Harry Hogge and Cole Trickle- he was faster my way
Old 03-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Cheers, planning on starting with 7k/3k - noticed a lot running thin in Uk after running thick previously. A few running 10k f & r

Orion VST 6.5 and r10 in both cars. May go 7.5 in 410.

Kyosho is a fs2 sp, now back on small bore shocks and c/f top deck.

I found I was faster with my 410r that I sold March 2011.

Potentially FS good for club racer, 410 for the pros
Old 03-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dexon555
Just convert to the New 14mm front / rear standard. Tresrey has brand new 14mm aluminum conversions on their website.

You will need to order a quantity of two per car.
The 14mm aluminum conversions have been out of stock on tresrey-usa since the beginning of the week.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Any essential upgrades? I'm planning on alloy tresrey servo saver like before.

Like sound of tresrey hexes
Old 03-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH
[email protected] is the correct email to contact HRP is that right?

I am very understanding of the issues this company is going threw with the overwhelming demand for this great product but I am truely at my wits end. I have ordered and paid in full the DEX410V3 at the beginning of November 2011 threw my valued LHS Average Joe's R/C in St Catherine's Ont. Canada where Joe has been told over and over that it is coming and will be in the coming shipments and to please bear with us, no problem we understand. Then as I sit here and watch as many racers here and locally talk about getting there V3 kit and building it and so on I am still left to pick my a$$ and wait, it has been 5 months and orders at many other places have been filled and sold and I am beyond frustrated at this time. I snt an email last night to the email above and look forward to the responce, like I said I understand things are tough atm for Team Durango with all the new changes in the works but when I have sat here and seen others getting the very product I ordered and paid for in November it is not a happy feeling.

Grrrr ok rant paused for now
I have been watching the U.S. Distributor (HRP) inventory quite a bit. Here is what I have seen. Team Durango's website appears to be an inventory of what is available from the factory. HRP's inventory is what is on the ground in the U.S.. Based off Team-Durango's factory inventory, the only car available is the nitro buggy. The only car available from HRP is a lonely one DEX410R- older version. Some parts never seem to make it to the U.S. like the aluminum wheel hexes. So, I am speculating either two things are going on. One, some ship in the middle of the ocean, has lots of toys and parts on it. Or two, there is legal battle going on with Hobbico and HRP.

Does your hobby shop have anything Durango available parts or vehicles? The reason I ask is because for most LHS, it was not a cheap buy-in process nor was it standard from what I have seen. Hint, you may have to call "bullsh!t" on the hobby shop owner. In addition, not to slam you, but never pay ahead next time. Get your money back and buy the R-Version from here http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=7777

Last edited by jmackani; 03-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.