Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:06 AM
  #9586  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

ok guys having some heat issue's just at the end of 6 minute races

has anyone got a tekin hot wire set up they want to share for a rs pro and 6.5T tekin motor 21/87 gearing

been on the hotwire set up sheets tried running what most are running except i turned the boost off shoud l turn some boost back on?

motor temps in the 140ish and esc temps in the high 180 to mid 190ish

outside med track with 30+ second lap times

any help and advice would be great
DBL15 is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 AM
  #9587  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Got a fan? if not get one, make some holes in the body.
Turn timing down on motor if you can
onekiwi is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:23 AM
  #9588  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Got a fan? if not get one, make some holes in the body.
Turn timing down on motor if you can
how can you put a fan on a rspro ? the motor is not hot at all its the esc

yeh i am making holes in the body as well
DBL15 is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 04:56 AM
  #9589  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Anyone running a Revtech saddle pack and figured out how to get it to fit correctly? I really want to run the battery I have.


****Got it to fit. If anyone has an issue fitting a battery, just man up and push the tie down forward, and down until the pin can go through the holes.****

Last edited by beenaround; 03-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.
beenaround is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:51 AM
  #9590  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DBL15
how can you put a fan on a rspro ? the motor is not hot at all its the esc

yeh i am making holes in the body as well
I was running the same tekin setup and my motor would come off at 120 and the esc at 142 after 6 min. I was running 20/87. Make sure you don't have drag brake on. Also make sure not to over tighten the wheels. If that's not the issue turn down the current limiter to 85 and see where your temps are. If the esc is still over 150 I would drop down to a 20t pinion.
dirtydan is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:17 AM
  #9591  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (54)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ashland city tn
Posts: 2,705
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

anyone know the overall lenth and stroke of the non big bores and maybe want to sell them ?
rkhess is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  #9592  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DBL15
how can you put a fan on a rspro ? the motor is not hot at all its the esc

yeh i am making holes in the body as well
I have one for mine and still lots of room

onekiwi is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 PM
  #9593  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dirtydan
I was running the same tekin setup and my motor would come off at 120 and the esc at 142 after 6 min. I was running 20/87. Make sure you don't have drag brake on. Also make sure not to over tighten the wheels. If that's not the issue turn down the current limiter to 85 and see where your temps are. If the esc is still over 150 I would drop down to a 20t pinion.
ok mine went higher with the 20/87 gearing thats why i went up to a 21 and it dropped a bit

hmm no drag brake you say ? ok i will turn that off as its at 15% and yes current llimiter is all ready down at 80%

@onekiwi = cool mate i might look at trying to mount a little fan like what you have done , thanks for information and picture mate
DBL15 is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 04:19 PM
  #9594  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Wheel Hex roll pins

Anyone find a substitute for the wheel hex roll pins? We had one snap today and by luck I have from the spares in the kit. I noticed this part is not in stock any where.
jmackani is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
  #9595  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

using rollpins from a associated ntc3
cm.stites is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:18 PM
  #9596  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greenvill, NC
Posts: 7,267
Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani
Anyone find a substitute for the wheel hex roll pins? We had one snap today and by luck I have from the spares in the kit. I noticed this part is not in stock any where.
I use roll pins too from Associated, along with J Concepts 12mm hex conversion for the B4.1 on the rear. Standard 12mm small hex on the front.
Raul Garcia is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 PM
  #9597  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DBL15
ok mine went higher with the 20/87 gearing thats why i went up to a 21 and it dropped a bit

hmm no drag brake you say ? ok i will turn that off as its at 15% and yes current llimiter is all ready down at 80%

@onekiwi = cool mate i might look at trying to mount a little fan like what you have done , thanks for information and picture mate
yea drag brake will cause your esc to heat up. i dont run drag brake on the 410, but i run about 5% on the 210.
dirtydan is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:11 PM
  #9598  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (133)
 
Qwkrn U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Osage Beach, MO
Posts: 2,452
Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani
Anyone find a substitute for the wheel hex roll pins? We had one snap today and by luck I have from the spares in the kit. I noticed this part is not in stock any where.
Piano Wire available at most hobby shops. comes in a 2-3 foot long piece. measure your pin with calipers and take that with you. They should have it. presto enough material to make 30-40 pins. I use a dremel with a cutoff wheel to cut it to size.
Qwkrn U is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 AM
  #9599  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cm.stites
using rollpins from a associated ntc3
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
I use roll pins too from Associated, along with J Concepts 12mm hex conversion for the B4.1 on the rear. Standard 12mm small hex on the front.
Originally Posted by Qwkrn U
Piano Wire available at most hobby shops. comes in a 2-3 foot long piece. measure your pin with calipers and take that with you. They should have it. presto enough material to make 30-40 pins. I use a dremel with a cutoff wheel to cut it to size.
Thanks for the suggestions. I did notice online that shorter 1.6mm pins are available I am guessing for the older style wheels. I will probably go the piano wire route.
jmackani is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
  #9600  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Im sure this has happened before to someone- just finished building the car and it only goes in reverse when the car is supposed to be going forward.

Im fairly sure the diff's are in correctly, im using a Tekin RS Pro with a Spektrum SR3300T.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
beenaround is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.