Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

everyone seems to think durango is a huge company. even after the hobbico deal they still have only 11 employees and do not manufacture the parts. everyone seems to forget that around christmas time the asian counterparts shut down for almost a month because of thier holidays. which puts every manufacturer behind. as far as durangos parts availability it is suppost to pick up once the hobbico deal is fully complete but it has been said it will take a while still. as far as the design of the car there is nothing wrong with it. people just need to use thier thinking capacity to fit the electronics but apparantly for some that is not possible. i use a fullsize servo. fullsize speed passion gt 2.0 pro esc and fullsize futaba 4pl reciever and still have space left after my transponder and capacitor bank.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cm.stites
everyone seems to think durango is a huge company. even after the hobbico deal they still have only 11 employees and do not manufacture the parts. everyone seems to forget that around christmas time the asian counterparts shut down for almost a month because of thier holidays. which puts every manufacturer behind. as far as durangos parts availability it is suppost to pick up once the hobbico deal is fully complete but it has been said it will take a while still. as far as the design of the car there is nothing wrong with it. people just need to use thier thinking capacity to fit the electronics but apparantly for some that is not possible. i use a fullsize servo. fullsize speed passion gt 2.0 pro esc and fullsize futaba 4pl reciever and still have space left after my transponder and capacitor bank.
That maybe the case but why bring out the 210 when they cant supply parts for existing models.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
That maybe the case but why bring out the 210 when they cant supply parts for existing models.
Well I can complain about parts availability to. But I have been able to improvise alot of fixes with these durangos. Like the guy said above, put your thinking cap on. Straight from HRP:

Hello you have contacted Team durango/HRP we have hundreds upon hundreds of every item you listed on order with TDR It is not of our doing that key items are not available state side or around the world for that matter. They have had cash flow problems from the start as they are an entry level company with no backing or investors. That problem has recenlty been solved I hope with the purchase of Team Durango from King Star to Hobbico. Hobbico has a huge cash flow opportunity for Team Durango and we should start to notice the change very soon like end of this month soon we should start seeing higher fill rates to even complete fill rates of some items and it will only be getting better.

As for the components they have and have not shipped us yet, I find it odd as well. Alot of the wear and tear items like rims, transmission parts and items like the tranny case that where items designed with function and space limitations over durability, those would have been my first items to manufacture and produce as replacement parts as they will and are needed sometimes the same day as kits are available, but that is not what it appears they have done. These are also the most expensive parts possibly to manufacture and they probably made the decision to make 5 seperate replacement parts rather then 1 for the same amout of cost and or time, because of their cash flow issues. So instead of tranny cases which is a pretty expensive part to produce as they can only shoot one per injection cycle and is a very long injection cyle due to the critical nature the part is accurate. They probably oppted for bumpers, arms and shock towers which make multiple items per injection cycle with much shorter injection cycles and can be produced potentially at the same cost all together as just one tranny case would cost to produce qhite possibly. I think volume out weighed priority for them just based on my own opinion what has been released as repalcement parts so far. Items that seem slow to reproduce and or costly to reproduce seem to be the items taking the longest for them to release and or out sourcing items aswell seem to be taking a long time aswell like diff rings and etc.

Again the Hobbico purchase of Team Durango should fix all these issues pretty much immediatley after the purchase. Our first order fulfilment since the purchase of TDR by Hobbico should be shipping out this week I am hoping and will see how much better it is in just a few short weeks from the purchase. I think it will be significant somewhere in the ballpark of 50 to 60% higher fillrates from what we where getting and probably 30 to 40% higher on items we have not gotten at all yet. No, that is not 100% fill rates of what we have on order it may be the end of May before they can keep up or have product ready before we order it as right now they are 3 months behind it may take a few months to get to 100% order fill rate, but I certainly see that as a posibility in the very near future, because of this purchase. When you are a new ultra small company lenders just wont lend you very much money at a time. Now that they have backing with a rather large capital this should vastly improve the situation quite rapidly.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

most of the parts interchange from car to car which i believe is why they are struggly with parts. they cant force the parts manufacturers to move faster with making the parts.i have many friends in the hobby industry that work for both major distributors and all have said it will take a month or two to get the durango/arma situation back under control. the main problem was them needing cars to compete with the other major brands in all divisions.and the needs for parts is hit or miss. since i started running mine all i have needed to replace is 2 ball cups and not cuz they broke just because they were too loose on the ball. if everyone would give them a month or so to work on improving things everything should be golden. hobbico doesnt purchase brands they are going to let fail without trying to correct the issues with them.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice, I like the last 2 posts and understand the problem that are faced, but I think that maybe there should have been some sort of statement released just informing the customers like:

Hey we are sorry we havn't gotten the parts out on time, its a tricky procedure launching and working on 5 cars for a small company.
Now that we have joined a larger company (more tricky procedures) we should be getting back to business asap. We estimate it will take about 6 months to get on top of all the spares and new kits.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Nice, I like the last 2 posts and understand the problem that are faced, but I think that maybe there should have been some sort of statement released just informing the customers like:

Hey we are sorry we havn't gotten the parts out on time, its a tricky procedure launching and working on 5 cars for a small company.
Now that we have joined a larger company (more tricky procedures) we should be getting back to business asap. We estimate it will take about 6 months to get on top of all the spares and new kits.
Its funny I ask guys in the place I work to give statements like that, They ALL FLEE!! Nobody wants to make promises that are out of there control. Unfortunately, we will have to wait and see. I have high hopes for Durango as a company.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think the summarized version is "Sorry, we do not have enough money until the ship arrives in the U.S. in three weeks and then we can continue to produce more parts based on the replenishment of funding."
Old 02-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

anybody knows whats the minimun pinion that fits in the dex410?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got a 17T in, you might beable to get in a 16T but its tight
Old 02-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I got a 17T in, you might beable to get in a 16T but its tight
i've got the v3 i don't know if they´ve chage anything from the 2010 but i had a 17-18t not sure from my lazer and I put as close as I can from the spur and they dont touch, and i had to put a 21t..
Old 02-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions??

So the way Team Durango is going right now, would y'all say that it's NOT smart at this time to get a 410, new or used, because of parts supply issues?

I'm really interested in these cars as they are basically the FASTest 1/10 sized vehicles

It also looks like racing classes for them is Rare, since besides being the fastest they are also the Most Expensive

It seems like most people are just sticking with 1/10 2wd buggy, as they are still very fast and parts are available everywhere.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I don't think that Durango is going out of business. I believe they are stock piling parts for their new release for Hobbico. Because I never saw the shortage like the last month ever before. How would it look if they release parts to many more suppliers than ran out again, not good. I think we are going to see a huge flood in parts very soon! Plus they are working on new vehicles still. A truggy, 2wd SC and stadium truck, if they weren't doing good they wouldn't be prototyping anything. With that said, I would buy the car you want and hopefully it's not to much longer for parts. At least you know about the situation up front!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I don't think that Durango is going out of business. I believe they are stock piling parts for their new release for Hobbico. Because I never saw the shortage like the last month ever before. How would it look if they release parts to many more suppliers than ran out again, not good. I think we are going to see a huge flood in parts very soon! Plus they are working on new vehicles still. A truggy, 2wd SC and stadium truck, if they weren't doing good they wouldn't be prototyping anything. With that said, I would buy the car you want and hopefully it's not to much longer for parts. At least you know about the situation up front!
Also Chinese New Year screws everything up as well.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

I have been running a DEX410 full fat since 2009 and have recently got hold of a DEX410 V3 for the shell and the big bore shocks. I now also run a DEX210 and have purchased parts that I feel I might need and although was worried about part supply especially when I got the DEX210 but I have yet to use any of my spares! On the 410 I have had to replace a couple of wishbones, hinge pins, front and rear bulkheads and the V3 front shock tower broke for no reason and bearings. So far these have been the best 1/10th cars that I have owned in regards to breakages. The only problem I have now is that I find my DEX210 so nice to drive that I find the DEX410V3 a bit of a handful. I admit it was a pain regarding the new rims but I just converted to pin mounting and used up all of my old mounted tyres.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

around here 4wd is still a top class but only ran indoors not outdoors.. when i got my dex410r kit from amain it was well under the price of a b44 and even the upgraded dex410v3 with the aluminum upgrades and big bores would of been a good deal had they come in stock a couple days earlier.as for parts some are having issues with the dex210 but i have not heard of many parts breaking on the 410 other then the plastic mounts on the 410r which can be upgraded to aluminum. as for the parts supply issue within a few months that should be corrected and good supply available. the main parts id buy for spares are arms and get the aluminum mounts when you can and thats all youd need besides slipper pads.

Originally Posted by rcManny
So the way Team Durango is going right now, would y'all say that it's NOT smart at this time to get a 410, new or used, because of parts supply issues?

I'm really interested in these cars as they are basically the FASTest 1/10 sized vehicles

It also looks like racing classes for them is Rare, since besides being the fastest they are also the Most Expensive

It seems like most people are just sticking with 1/10 2wd buggy, as they are still very fast and parts are available everywhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.