Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
  #9421  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Mini8 Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 8.5 turn good ?

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Well it is generally easier to turn down than turn up, right? Some of the newer ESC's have boost, timing and/or turbo that you can mess with to get a little more out of a motor. My guess is you would be fine with either an 8.5 or a 7.5t. I use an 8.5t but our track is also kinda small.
i just received my kit and I'm wondering what would be a good turn to start out with I'm thinking a 8.5 to start out and boost it as i get more comfortable any opinions ( just starting out racing off road mainly run on carpet bear in mind ) also was gonna go with a rs pro but can't find them anywhere so i am still not sure what esc to go with looking at lrp tc or the new vortex open to all opinions
Mini8 Menace is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 PM
  #9422  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace
i just received my kit and I'm wondering what would be a good turn to start out with I'm thinking a 8.5 to start out and boost it as i get more comfortable any opinions ( just starting out racing off road mainly run on carpet bear in mind ) also was gonna go with a rs pro but can't find them anywhere so i am still not sure what esc to go with looking at lrp tc or the new vortex open to all opinions
Well I do not think you could go wrong with a RS Pro as it seems to be the speedo of choice in our area. I ran the Vortex Pro this year and was pleasantly surprised. It helps that our top Pros are sponsored by Orion and running the speedo this year. The only problem is that you have to be creative to get the Orion Vortex speedo to fit in your DEX. I have heard guys having great success with the LRP as well . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM
  #9423  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace
i just received my kit and I'm wondering what would be a good turn to start out with I'm thinking a 8.5 to start out and boost it as i get more comfortable any opinions ( just starting out racing off road mainly run on carpet bear in mind ) also was gonna go with a rs pro but can't find them anywhere so i am still not sure what esc to go with looking at lrp tc or the new vortex open to all opinions
Stay away from the lrp tc. They have a defect with the bridge that connects both bec together. I am on my 4th replacement. If you can get the Orion get it because it's consistent and well made. You can also use a programmer they sell to make changes to the software on the fly. I own all 3 brands and will be selling all my tekins to get orions. Also if I were you I would get a 6.5t motor run the esc in blinky mode and lower your throttle EPA to 75%. Then once you feel comfortable increase the EPA until your consistent.
dirtydan is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:11 PM
  #9424  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Is the TC different than the Sphere version?
dangerwr is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
  #9425  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Mini8 Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by dirtydan
Stay away from the lrp tc. They have a defect with the bridge that connects both bec together. I am on my 4th replacement. If you can get the Orion get it because it's consistent and well made. You can also use a programmer they sell to make changes to the software on the fly. I own all 3 brands and will be selling all my tekins to get orions. Also if I were you I would get a 6.5t motor run the esc in blinky mode and lower your throttle EPA to 75%. Then once you feel comfortable increase the EPA until your consistent.
yea my LHS has the vortex in stock and I've heard good and a lot bad about the lrp so i am deff going with the vortex also leaning towards the revtek or the D3 but know there the same company just still not too sure about what turn i don't want to get in over my head since i am just going to be starting out also running spektrum elc would i be better running a glitch buster or is the BEC good with the vortex
Mini8 Menace is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:22 PM
  #9426  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

never had an issue with any of the lrps ive owned with the bridge. and the tc is a little different because of the fets its more designed for touring cars that are almost full throttle all the time which makes it a good esc for oval or offroad vehicles also
cm.stites is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:24 PM
  #9427  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

if your running a savox servo use a glitch buster. it all depends on what you like. i run out door on a blue groove clay track so my motor of choice is a tekin redline because of the sealed can design. in the past i have had loose clay get in my reedy sonic and cause the motor to over heat after 2 runs. but of course that is my own personal experience, and thats why i prefer to run the tekin motors.
dirtydan is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
  #9428  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cm.stites
never had an issue with any of the lrps ive owned with the bridge. and the tc is a little different because of the fets its more designed for touring cars that are almost full throttle all the time which makes it a good esc for oval or offroad vehicles also
well your lucky! lol they are redesigning the bec in the lrp's and will be out by the end of the month or early march. according to aldo at LRP they doing away with the twin bec design and going to a single larger bec. by doing that you can no longer use the esc with a 1s battery unless you use a reciever pack.
dirtydan is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:35 PM
  #9429  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Mini8 Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default mainly running on outdoor clay

Originally Posted by dirtydan
if your running a savox servo use a glitch buster. it all depends on what you like. i run out door on a blue groove clay track so my motor of choice is a tekin redline because of the sealed can design. in the past i have had loose clay get in my reedy sonic and cause the motor to over heat after 2 runs. but of course that is my own personal experience, and thats why i prefer to run the tekin motors.
any ideas on what motor to run i heard that trinity rev/d3 are pretty good at keeping dust out and I've seen too many reedys that over heat but i don't know much info on tekin motors
Mini8 Menace is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:42 PM
  #9430  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Mini8 Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default will be running 2s

Originally Posted by dirtydan
well your lucky! lol they are redesigning the bec in the lrp's and will be out by the end of the month or early march. according to aldo at LRP they doing away with the twin bec design and going to a single larger bec. by doing that you can no longer use the esc with a 1s battery unless you use a reciever pack.
I've heard the tekin is redesigning the rs pro since their back ordered every where but i can't find any info on it just a few ppl talking about it
Mini8 Menace is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 PM
  #9431  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace
I've heard the tekin is redesigning the rs pro since their back ordered every where but i can't find any info on it just a few ppl talking about it
Some of the setup sheets by pro drivers are showing "RSX" so something may be coming.
jmackani is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 PM
  #9432  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,085
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dirtydan
if your running a savox servo use a glitch buster..
Unless you are running an LRP... I heard you are NOT supposed to use a GB with an LRP sxx... poof. No wonder you have gone through 4 of them.
Cpt.America is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 PM
  #9433  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

yep that would be my guess as i run only savox servos and no issues with em.ive never had to use a gb on any of my speedos ive ran hobbywing,speed passion,lrp or tekin with the savox servos. and the friends i have that run em have never ran glitch busters either.

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Unless you are running an LRP... I heard you are NOT supposed to use a GB with an LRP sxx... poof. No wonder you have gone through 4 of them.
cm.stites is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
  #9434  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Unless you are running an LRP... I heard you are NOT supposed to use a GB with an LRP sxx... poof. No wonder you have gone through 4 of them.
I don't run a glitch buster. He is using a spectrum system that can cause glitching with savox servos. That is why I recommend it for him. The lrp speedos are defective!
dirtydan is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
  #9435  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Looking for some pointers from you guys having heat issues. I have an rs pro with a redline 6.5 with 87/21 in a medium sized indoor clay track. Motor would come off at 165F and esc was over 180F and I'd shut it down within 2-3min. Double checked my esc on the hotwire, no timing, no boost and no current limiter.

Finally went to a 87/20 and motor came off at 140F and esc thermalled and shut down after 3-4 mins. I want to go down one more tooth but the motor is all the way in on a 87t spur and I don't have anymore available at our store that are bigger. I have holes all over this body so air flow is not an issue. Doesn't appear to have any abnormal drag. What am I missing???
jaker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.