Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
  #9361  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Jpm1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,395
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DBL15
anyone got a quick link to download the manual as i seem to have left it in a safe place , that i have no idea where that safe place is

V3 was awesome on a larger outdoor track on the weekend as well i love this buggy
Why don't you just get cookies tonight when you bring the 408 over for her finishing touches, get the girls in the office to photo copy it?
Jpm1 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
  #9362  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (14)
 
ozzy-crawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Forde A.C.T
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

better yet get a android and put the pdf on your phone
Attached Images  
ozzy-crawl is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 06:25 PM
  #9363  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jpm1
Why don't you just get cookies tonight when you bring the 408 over for her finishing touches, get the girls in the office to photo copy it?
yeh i can do that too i guess
DBL15 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 PM
  #9364  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 421
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default What motor should I get?

Hey guys im new to this buggy thing so i need some help choosing a motor. Im currently getting a few offers to trade my 13.5T motor and some of my options are Orion VST Pro 5.5T (is this way too much?), Orion 6.5T (black can), or a Losi 6.5T...? Should I just wait it out and get a 7.5 or 8.5?

Ill be using a LRP SXX V2 w/cap.

Id appreciate any info or feedback. So let me know what you guys think and know.

Last edited by OGKRacing; 02-05-2012 at 09:15 PM.
OGKRacing is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:01 AM
  #9365  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (33)
 
photobrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 368
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, question about the center spur assembly. I was going through my car the other day and realized that when I spin the center spur, installed in the car, but with no motor or drive shafts in it, there is a fair amount of friction when I try to spin it. I removed the bearings and pulled the shims from behind them, still a fair amount of friction. I'd think this should spin freely with a good flick but it turns maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 rotation before it stops. Is this normal, or is there a bind in there somewhere? Thanks!
photobrat is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 AM
  #9366  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by photobrat
Hey guys, question about the center spur assembly. I was going through my car the other day and realized that when I spin the center spur, installed in the car, but with no motor or drive shafts in it, there is a fair amount of friction when I try to spin it. I removed the bearings and pulled the shims from behind them, still a fair amount of friction. I'd think this should spin freely with a good flick but it turns maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 rotation before it stops. Is this normal, or is there a bind in there somewhere? Thanks!
No it's not normal. Try loosening the center mounts, then retighting them with the center assembly in. Repeat until it spins free.
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:10 AM
  #9367  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OGKRacing
Hey guys im new to this buggy thing so i need some help choosing a motor. Im currently getting a few offers to trade my 13.5T motor and some of my options are Orion VST Pro 5.5T (is this way too much?), Orion 6.5T (black can), or a Losi 6.5T...? Should I just wait it out and get a 7.5 or 8.5?

Ill be using a LRP SXX V2 w/cap.

Id appreciate any info or feedback. So let me know what you guys think and know.
depends on what you are going to run. You can always turn down the faster motors on the radio but if there is a 13.5 class I think you will have to run a 13.5
onekiwi is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 07:16 AM
  #9368  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (33)
 
photobrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 368
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
No it's not normal. Try loosening the center mounts, then retighting them with the center assembly in. Repeat until it spins free.
Thanks B, didn't think so...
photobrat is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 AM
  #9369  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

it also helps to loosen the cross brace screw if its to tight it will pinch the bearings.
Originally Posted by photobrat
Thanks B, didn't think so...
cm.stites is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 09:58 AM
  #9370  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by photobrat
Hey guys, question about the center spur assembly. I was going through my car the other day and realized that when I spin the center spur, installed in the car, but with no motor or drive shafts in it, there is a fair amount of friction when I try to spin it. I removed the bearings and pulled the shims from behind them, still a fair amount of friction. I'd think this should spin freely with a good flick but it turns maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 rotation before it stops. Is this normal, or is there a bind in there somewhere? Thanks!
I had a similar issue, but was able to fix it easily. Is it difficult to put the mid drive clamp (wire loop that connects spur cover) in? It should slide in and out fairly easily, and lock in when fully seated. If it takes a lot of force it is compressing down on top of the bearings too hard, causing binding of the mount.

My fix was to sand down the inside of the spur cover that touches the bearings. I had some extra squares of plastic that seemed left over from the mold process. I removed those and sanded down the cover some more and the center assembly spun much smoother. I also noticed that the mid mid drive clamp was MUCH easier to remove and install.
HeatSink5 is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 10:24 AM
  #9371  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Mini8 Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hey guys tell me if i have the right set up

I've been doing a lot of research and talking to some guys at the track and they said to start out with a 8.5 turn and tune it down and boost it when i get more comfortable and I'm probably going with a revtech or epic d3 i know there the same manufacture and I've decided to go with the rs pro I'm still trying to figure out what servo would work be i run spektrum electronics but i don't want to have glitch problems and i don't want have to use caps.. or a glitch buster so what would be a good choice and if I'm picking a good setup to start out with
Mini8 Menace is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 10:44 AM
  #9372  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

What adaptor are needed to use this car on the integy setup station?
dirtydan is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 12:01 PM
  #9373  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

type c adapters. for the hpi blitz etc.

Originally Posted by dirtydan
What adaptor are needed to use this car on the integy setup station?
cm.stites is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
  #9374  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (47)
 
dirtydan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cm.stites
type c adapters. for the hpi blitz etc.
awsome thanks for the help.
dirtydan is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 03:52 PM
  #9375  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 421
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by onekiwi
depends on what you are going to run. You can always turn down the faster motors on the radio but if there is a 13.5 class I think you will have to run a 13.5
Hey Kiwi, thanks for the help.
OGKRacing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.