Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

well i changed to 1 deg rear hubs and changed a few other little things and found some other problems thanks JPM

now we have had 4 inches of rain and track under water so i cant try them out
Old 01-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdl060374
Can anyone recommend a name of someone that I can contact to get a missing part?
A-main (where I bought the kit) doesnt seem to have the part available, and I wasnt sure if anyone who frequents this forum might be helpful in getting me the part.

I thought I would ask in case there is someone involved with distribution who might be helpful.
How did you go ???

I tried the support email addy and never got a reply (1 week),tried the sales one and got a reply in 24 hours. they asked for part # and address.
Did not hear back for a couple days, got a email this morning, they will send parts when they have stock

Last edited by ozzy-crawl; 01-23-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well guys, I had my first chance to run the buggy in a race setting and I have bad news. I didn't make it one lap . 3/4 way around, my rear diff ring gear was nuked. I took it apart and its missing a few teeth now.

Being that the machined ones are backordered, is there a way I could harden the regular ones to maybe make them a little stronger? Thanks for any tips on the matter.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Pietsch
Well guys, I had my first chance to run the buggy in a race setting and I have bad news. I didn't make it one lap . 3/4 way around, my rear diff ring gear was nuked. I took it apart and its missing a few teeth now.

Being that the machined ones are backordered, is there a way I could harden the regular ones to maybe make them a little stronger? Thanks for any tips on the matter.
Did you assembly the diff "exactly" as shown on the bulletin on the Durango site? I have not broken any of the cast gears and I run on super tacky clay but i am very careful to assemble as the bulletin shows. Remember to degrease all grub screws and use threadlock other than the druango kit threadlock. Pinion to ringgear tolerance is critical.

hope this helps
Old 01-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Thats odd that it did that ive never had a problem with mine did you have all the shims in there because that was the issue for some people on the desc410r?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cota4rt
Did you assembly the diff "exactly" as shown on the bulletin on the Durango site? I have not broken any of the cast gears and I run on super tacky clay but i am very careful to assemble as the bulletin shows. Remember to degrease all grub screws and use threadlock other than the druango kit threadlock. Pinion to ringgear tolerance is critical.

hope this helps
I can not guarantee it is, I received this as part of a trade deal. I'll have to go read the bulletin and rebuild them. Thanks for the information!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

No problem, also when you follow that guide on durangos website to make sure you only have little to no slop in the center drive shafts. That could also help ive been running mine with a 6.5 and the stock gears for 6 months now on indoor clay, outdoor clay, dirt, ect. also is your slipper set right if it wasnt and too tight that could cause more strain on the gears that why most run center diffs on the desc410r. hope this stuff helps
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

I can not guarantee it is, I received this as part of a trade deal. I'll have to go read the bulletin and rebuild them. Thanks for the information!
Your welcome there were also some problems with some of the early cast gears- check to make sure you get the updated ones- I cant remember but one had a square or triangle cast in it or something like that. i believe that info is also on Durangos website

Set them up just like they say and check them regularly for by holding outdrive and turning driveshaft and you want basically as little play as you can get.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

I had noticed a little slop when I got it, but I didn't think anything of it. I guess I should have. I'll do a complete tear down and rebuild. The good news is I'm still happy with it and am already considering getting on the waiting list for the V3.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I had noticed a little slop when I got it, but I didn't think anything of it. I guess I should have. I'll do a complete tear down and rebuild. The good news is I'm still happy with it and am already considering getting on the waiting list for the V3.
Rebuild and take another shot at the cast ring gear. The key is to make sure your diff case is solid and your driveshaft has no slop. make sure bearing are good to.

If you assemble everything correctly you CAN still have problems as the Casted ring gears are casted and the perosity is not very well controlled from lot to lot.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Ive heard to use losi O-rings in the shocks to prevent any leaking that the durango ones can give. Has anyone else used losi o-rings, if so has anyone got a part number for them?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markmission
Ive heard to use losi O-rings in the shocks to prevent any leaking that the durango ones can give. Has anyone else used losi o-rings, if so has anyone got a part number for them?
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...diff-seal-mod/
Old 01-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for that link, doesnt help with the shocks tho?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markmission
thanks for that link, doesnt help with the shocks tho?
Yeah thats the first I heard about Leaky durango shocks.. . Soak the originals in green slime and dont overtighten the nut.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Yeah thats the first I heard about Leaky durango shocks.. . Soak the originals in green slime and dont overtighten the nut.
Sand the spacer between the orings and the cap won't "squeeze" them. Not only will this eliminate any of the leaking (which we haven't had), but the shocks will be noticeably smoother.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.