Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 09:51 AM
  #8896  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bourbonnais, IL
Posts: 760
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spiro
I've seen several nice hop-ups thoughout the many pages of this thread. As I'm currently waiting for my full line of Durangos to arrive, I'd like to prepare. There are many nice-to-have items, but I'm looking for the gotta-haves. After some time of testing, what would you say are the essentialts of must-have upgrades that I can order even before the build?

The Aluminum rear diff hoop is a must, I broke 2 of the plastic hoops. Also get the Aluminum suspension holders, and both aluminum gear box inserts, upgrade the servo saver crank. I do like the Aluminum caster blocks but they are not a must have.
Walkman is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 10:17 AM
  #8897  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
1shnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maple,ontario,Canada
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris-s


Hopefully you can see that photo. For the front I trim 3 or 4 rows off the outside, 2 off the inside and then use a dremel to smooth off the bumps left behind from trimming. Then glue round the sidewall and where you have trimmed/sanded the pins off, but only the outside.
For the back I trim and sand one row off the outside only, maybe two depending on what the corners are like.


Are you ruuning small or big bores? As I can post some setups for either.
Awesome thanks!!! I'm running reg shocks not big bores... do you find sways absolute must for extreme high traction?
1shnot is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
  #8898  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spiro
Good stuff! I've been eyeballing the Tresrey diff-hoops and servo-saver arm. What about the diff leakage problem? Have Durango fixed this, or do I need to get some 3rd party seals?
The v3 has upgraded seals already.
jmackani is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 05:57 PM
  #8899  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
Rideordieguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Park Slope NYC Baby.....
Posts: 1,570
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool Gear question...

Just put my V3 together and am running a 6.5 tekin pro with the 87 stock spur. What's a good starting pinion for a tight indoor track. Thanks.
Rideordieguy1 is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 06:04 PM
  #8900  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (28)
 
Teambcw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys selling my 4wd.. have to sell my saddle packs.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...dle-packs.html
Teambcw is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:53 PM
  #8901  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by Bugle
Yeah, that's cold, I get motors over 80 deg C sometimes without damaging them.
Thanks for that.

Would running the 22 pinion make it run cooler that 20 pinion I am currently running. (stock spur)
dusty sweep is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 11:15 AM
  #8902  
Tech Adept
 
spiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by Walkman
The Aluminum rear diff hoop is a must, I broke 2 of the plastic hoops. Also get the Aluminum suspension holders, and both aluminum gear box inserts, upgrade the servo saver crank. I do like the Aluminum caster blocks but they are not a must have.
Thanks for the tip bud! I'll prolly order these, but skip the caster blocks. I guess I'll have my upgrades before the car...

Come on Durango! Produce!
spiro is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 AM
  #8903  
Tech Adept
 
spiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by jmackani
The v3 has upgraded seals already.
Perfect! Only red bling "needed" then.
spiro is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 04:58 PM
  #8904  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Still debating viper vs. Tekin. The only reason I'm leaning towards viper is because it comes with a program car but with tekin you have to buy a hotelier which are expensive right?
D-A-N-4-4 is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
  #8905  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I have the truck and the buggy and have yet to have problems with either of the diff outdrive supports. The only part that everyone appears to be using shrink wrap for is the cvd retainer. The rear one normally snaps on installation.
jmackani is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
  #8906  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default V3 Big Bore shock adjusters

Has anyone else noticed the shock preload adjusters have no drag on the threads like ones that normally have a rubber seal in them? I am concerned the adjusters are moving during racing. The book mentions aluminum but mine only came with the plastic on the 410 for some reason.
jmackani is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 PM
  #8907  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

the hot wires right around 30 dollars. but as of now you cant yet update the vipers without sending them in to get the firmware. vs tekin that you can download and install with the hotwire currently.

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4
Still debating viper vs. Tekin. The only reason I'm leaning towards viper is because it comes with a program car but with tekin you have to buy a hotelier which are expensive right?
cm.stites is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
  #8908  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,694
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4
Still debating viper vs. Tekin. The only reason I'm leaning towards viper is because it comes with a program car but with tekin you have to buy a hotelier which are expensive right?
In addition, if a new feature becomes available, you get it for free from Tekin. I am willing to bet they will charge you for a new programming card or require you to upgrade the viper. Tekin has done this quite a bit in the last few releases with items like push control, roar timing profiles, etc.
jmackani is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:44 PM
  #8909  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Tekin it is then. I'll just run it with the stock profile until I have enough to get the hot-wire. How are the tekin motors? I'm going to be using a 6.5
D-A-N-4-4 is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:49 PM
  #8910  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bourbonnais, IL
Posts: 760
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4
Tekin it is then. I'll just run it with the stock profile until I have enough to get the hot-wire. How are the tekin motors? I'm going to be using a 6.5
I run a RS Pro 8.5t Combo and its smooth and wicked fast.
Walkman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.