Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

finally had the chance to run my dex410r today!!! HOLY traction roll batman!
I've tried few things to help not to roll but I really couldn't help it....
Tried cutting off first 2rows of tires and 1 row of rear (schuy mini pins) and from 45w front and 35w rear to 60w front and i left rear alone (no time) and I stood up the shocks to outter holes... still going in to a corner it lifts and rolls me over, may be sway bar up front? oh and My my height is pretty low, lower then 16mm.

I run on some weird industrial carpet.. not ozite. Any ideas?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
They were not in stock a few hours ago . I have a few sets back ordered through HRP .
TDR510014 is in stock in Florida and Utah.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1shnot
Tried cutting off first 2rows of tires and 1 row of rear (schuy mini pins) and from 45w front and 35w rear to 60w front and i left rear alone (no time) and I stood up the shocks to outter holes... still going in to a corner it lifts and rolls me over, may be sway bar up front? oh and My my height is pretty low, lower then 16mm.

I think the UK guys can help ya more but here is Jorn's high traction carpet setup.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...RC20110116.pdf
Old 12-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

2mm limiters inside front shocks and take 1mm of droop out of the rear. Stiffen up the sway bars also.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Check your shock mounting locations. If you were using a 410 set up sheet (which most of the set up sheets online refer to) the hole locations relate to the 410 with the carbon towers not the 410r. Since the 410r has more holes in the tower the holes do not line up the same. The bottom 3 holes on the 410r towers are the same as the three holes on the 410 spec with carbon towers.

In other other words if the set up sheet your using says to use the middle holes on the tower that would be one up from the bottom on the 410r. I had the same problem with a corner lifting up and finding the right mounting locations fixed it.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani
2mm limiters inside front shocks and take 1mm of droop out of the rear. Stiffen up the sway bars also.
what do you mean by 2mm limiters? and sway bars? front and rear? I do not run any now.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gene1219
A racer's Dex410 at a track near me.

yep she looks fast and bad my kind of girl .she ran hot tonight 30 laps ..the body is cool,it fit the sides good im using Velcro and it came with the wing ..but no window mask sticker for inside
Old 12-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

what do you mean by 2mm limiters? and sway bars? front and rear? I do not run any now.
Follow Jorns setup I posted and you should be golden.

there are spacers you put on your shock shafts prior to installing in the bodies. And yes Sway bars front and rear will help. When you turn the swaybar assists the opposite shock that naturally extands to compress, resulting in less rolling. the thicker the bar the more the opposite shock will counter and compress. I reccomend reading some of associted's manuals genric i know but gives you the idea and concept on how to tune. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...uningGuide.pdf
Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Follow Jorns setup I posted and you should be golden.

there are spacers you put on your shock shafts prior to installing in the bodies. And yes Sway bars front and rear will help. When you turn the swaybar assists the opposite shock that naturally extands to compress, resulting in less rolling. the thicker the bar the more the opposite shock will counter and compress. I reccomend reading some of associted's manuals genric i know but gives you the idea and concept on how to tune. http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...uningGuide.pdf
actually that was my set up... maybe its due to brand new mini pins.. should do some dounts on my basement to wear them down a little.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

My hobbywing 120amp esc 6.5t is running at about 60deg C. / 140 degree Fahrenheit. Is this temp ok. Running it on stock spur with a 20 pinion. Would a 22 pinion make the motor run a bit cooler.

Is 60 deg C / 140 degree Fahrenheit ok to run the motor continuously.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dusty sweep
My hobbywing 120amp esc 6.5t is running at about 60deg C. / 140 degree Fahrenheit. Is this temp ok. Running it on stock spur with a 20 pinion. Would a 22 pinion make the motor run a bit cooler.

Is 60 deg C / 140 degree Fahrenheit ok to run the motor continuously.

Thanks
Yeah, that's cold, I get motors over 80 deg C sometimes without damaging them.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default Essential 410 hop-ups?

I've seen several nice hop-ups thoughout the many pages of this thread. As I'm currently waiting for my full line of Durangos to arrive, I'd like to prepare. There are many nice-to-have items, but I'm looking for the gotta-haves. After some time of testing, what would you say are the essentialts of must-have upgrades that I can order even before the build?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by spiro
I've seen several nice hop-ups thoughout the many pages of this thread. As I'm currently waiting for my full line of Durangos to arrive, I'd like to prepare. There are many nice-to-have items, but I'm looking for the gotta-haves. After some time of testing, what would you say are the essentialts of must-have upgrades that I can order even before the build?
It's already a cadillac, no real need to hop up anything in my opinion. The tresrey items are nice, but more for the bling. The only thing functionally you should consider are the rear weights.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani
It's already a cadillac, no real need to hop up anything in my opinion. The tresrey items are nice, but more for the bling. The only thing functionally you should consider are the rear weights.
Good stuff! I've been eyeballing the Tresrey diff-hoops and servo-saver arm. What about the diff leakage problem? Have Durango fixed this, or do I need to get some 3rd party seals?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Hopefully you can see that photo. For the front I trim 3 or 4 rows off the outside, 2 off the inside and then use a dremel to smooth off the bumps left behind from trimming. Then glue round the sidewall and where you have trimmed/sanded the pins off, but only the outside.
For the back I trim and sand one row off the outside only, maybe two depending on what the corners are like.

Are you ruuning small or big bores? As I can post some setups for either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.