Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:30 AM
  #8776  
Tech Adept
 
TeamJammin!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island N.Y
Posts: 133
Default

I can see my new Durango DEX410v3 sitting under the x-mas tree. So close, yet cant event touch it yet..
TeamJammin! is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 AM
  #8777  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

are you guys still whining?

yes parts aren't plentiful right now, we know. Durango has come on here and apologized.

ok we get it. if its a problem, run another brand.

you guys get on here and whine like 5yr olds everyday. doesn't it get old...

on a lighter note, the guy isn't spending $300/wk, maybe total, but there's no way someone could need that many parts, i've only spent about $100 in parts and i have enough to rebuild/maintain my car at least 3x's

on an even lighter note, has anyone tried the new D-Joints??
t8rtot is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 08:57 AM
  #8778  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t8rtot
are you guys still whining?

yes parts aren't plentiful right now, we know. Durango has come on here and apologized.

ok we get it. if its a problem, run another brand.

you guys get on here and whine like 5yr olds everyday. doesn't it get old...

on a lighter note, the guy isn't spending $300/wk, maybe total, but there's no way someone could need that many parts, i've only spent about $100 in parts and i have enough to rebuild/maintain my car at least 3x's

on an even lighter note, has anyone tried the new D-Joints??


By any chance you have big bore shock caps hanging around? I have every other fffffing part......except those. Please let me know. Thanks!
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 08:58 AM
  #8779  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

d Joint, that sounds like something worth reading about
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 09:24 AM
  #8780  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Anyone figured out how to make SC10 hex wheels fit?

I dont want to have to double up on anymore tires and wheels!! Any ideas?

Dont tell me to not run associated! lol

I would run 2wd Durango if they had one
cota4rt is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 09:31 AM
  #8781  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,396
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
By any chance you have big bore shock caps hanging around? I have every other fffffing part......except those. Please let me know. Thanks!
I am 99% sure my LHS has them. I'm going there late today. PM me if you want a set.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 09:37 AM
  #8782  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

I've only ran the D-Joints, so I can't compare it before and after. I bought the car used and the center shafts needed to be replaced.

They feel nice and smooth by hand, although they may be a bit heavier over the originals. I don't have a scale to verify that...
HeatSink5 is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 09:45 AM
  #8783  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
I am 99% sure my LHS has them. I'm going there late today. PM me if you want a set.
Pm sent, thanks
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 AM
  #8784  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

dex210? i think the sc10 hexes could be made to work using the cone spacers and pins from a ntc3 that may need trimmed down.

Originally Posted by cota4rt
I dont want to have to double up on anymore tires and wheels!! Any ideas?

Dont tell me to not run associated! lol

I would run 2wd Durango if they had one
cm.stites is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
  #8785  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cm.stites
dex210? i think the sc10 hexes could be made to work using the cone spacers and pins from a ntc3 that may need trimmed down.
oops I meant to post this in the desc thread

I will look into that thanks
cota4rt is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 11:22 AM
  #8786  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,578
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by t8rtot
are you guys still whining?

yes parts aren't plentiful right now, we know. Durango has come on here and apologized.

ok we get it. if its a problem, run another brand.

you guys get on here and whine like 5yr olds everyday. doesn't it get old...

on a lighter note, the guy isn't spending $300/wk, maybe total, but there's no way someone could need that many parts, i've only spent about $100 in parts and i have enough to rebuild/maintain my car at least 3x's

on an even lighter note, has anyone tried the new D-Joints??
He said $300 a WEEK. You should have seen his stock. He could not find what he needed in the box he had with him at his pit table, so he went out to his car and retrieved ANOTHER box FULL of parts (A 24x18x18 box). It may be a case where a few guys are buying up all the spare parts! HA.

No whining intended, just sharing my story.
zipperfoot is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM
  #8787  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

He must be the worst driver in RC history. I've spent about $50 on my 2009 spec that I've been racing for 3 years!
Konich is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 PM
  #8788  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
1shnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maple,ontario,Canada
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

little help please... am I going crazy or with alum blocks, and TD330033(alum pivot ball) my hinge pin wont fit... seems TD33033 hole is too small? do I need a different hinge pins?
1shnot is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 01:59 PM
  #8789  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
d Joint, that sounds like something worth reading about
+1 I heard that it will help the drive shaft from getting hot, I have noticed that mine get hot but not sure if i need a shorter drive shaft as well or if the djoint will fit the early 410 with out mods
onekiwi is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:15 PM
  #8790  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,213
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by onekiwi
+1 I heard that it will help the drive shaft from getting hot, I have noticed that mine get hot but not sure if i need a shorter drive shaft as well or if the djoint will fit the early 410 with out mods
i thought the length of the centre drive shafts hasn't changed from the original dex410? i'm hoping to pick up a djoint for my v1 car so here's hoping it's a direct swop

as for stocking up on spares .. just buy another kit and use it for spares. that's what i've done

but chances are .. i'll find that it's just a handful of parts that break often. 70% of the spare kit will be untouched but you never know ...

zipperfoot - if it's any consolation, i've broken a front arm & bent hingepin at the same time
wyl03 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.