Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 04:10 AM
  #8761  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Im on a tight carpet track and have a 6.5, I think a 8.5 would work fine, I also have a 8.5 in my 210 and thats really fast too

Get a 6.5 or even a 5.5 and turn down the gas on your radio.. that way when you go outside on larger tracks in the summer you won't need to buy a quicker motor
onekiwi is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 04:19 AM
  #8762  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Joel Lagace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,650
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

My carpet track is very small and we have guys running 10.5 to 6.5 I ran a non boosted low timing 7.5 and felt it was too much. Also ran a well boosted 13.5 with good luck.

So hard to suggest a motor.best to talk to your local fast Guy at your track for a startting wind. I think your on the right track though with the two motors your looking at
Joel Lagace is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 04:33 AM
  #8763  
Tech Adept
 
spiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 106
Default

Alright, thanks guys!
spiro is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
  #8764  
Tech Addict
 
Mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santee, Ca
Posts: 670
Default

What gear lube is recomended to tone down the car. It was bought used w/ very little run time. Previous owner wrote nothing down and doesn't remember what he used. Not sure that I'd trust his memory any way as I found many inconsistancies in his build of the car. As in some things thread locked and some not, shims on suspension differant from one side to the other, as well as other things. Using Carson's set-up for West Coast as starting point, runs ok but the rear is loose, but that could be tire choice. Will try some new mounted next time.
Mopar is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 01:26 PM
  #8765  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 411
Default

Originally Posted by Mopar
What gear lube is recomended to tone down the car. It was bought used w/ very little run time. Previous owner wrote nothing down and doesn't remember what he used. Not sure that I'd trust his memory any way as I found many inconsistancies in his build of the car. As in some things thread locked and some not, shims on suspension differant from one side to the other, as well as other things. Using Carson's set-up for West Coast as starting point, runs ok but the rear is loose, but that could be tire choice. Will try some new mounted next time.
I used moly grease in the gearbox cases, keeps the noise down. As for the diffs, depends what surface you are running on.
Chris-s is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:56 PM
  #8766  
Tech Addict
 
Mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santee, Ca
Posts: 670
Default

Medium - high bite clay, wet and swept.
Mopar is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
  #8767  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

if anyones running sway bars what sizes are you using? seems most of the setups run no sway bars.
cm.stites is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
  #8768  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cm.stites
if anyones running sway bars what sizes are you using? seems most of the setups run no sway bars.

I run both front and rear, 1.3mm. I was able to run lighter springs and oil with them.
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:01 PM
  #8769  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
DBL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 3,171
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cm.stites
if anyones running sway bars what sizes are you using? seems most of the setups run no sway bars.
sway bars front and rear for me too , it feels nice and planted in turns and not to stiff with the V3 stock sway bars on there
DBL15 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
  #8770  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

Thanks may end up ordering when i can find em in stock.
cm.stites is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 07:28 PM
  #8771  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

does anyone know what thread size the sway bar turnbuckles are? i know they are 28mm but not sure what size thread.
cm.stites is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
  #8772  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Shark413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cm.stites
does anyone know what thread size the sway bar turnbuckles are? i know they are 28mm but not sure what size thread.
They are 3mm (M3). I used these rather than the Durango Ti turnbuckles, about half the price and very light (aluminum).

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...inum-Tie-Rod-2
Shark413 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
  #8773  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,578
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Funny story. I was racing at Compitition Hobbies in Tucson, AZ over the weekend. We were told racing started at 2:00pm. Got there at 12:30pm and racing was well under way. No practice, new track, our race was next. I hit a pipe and broke a front arm. Guy next to me who is a B44 guy says, " you broke a Durango?". Durango apparently has a rep for being durable.

Unfortunately they also have a rep for lack of parts. The shop did not have a hinge pin to replace the one I bent. Luckily there was a guy racing a 410 who had boxes of parts. I mean packages of hinge pins front and rear and everything else you could imagine. Without him I would have been done after one race.

Am I missing something? Do I have to be my own hobby shop? The guy told me he and a buddy were spending $300 a week on parts to stock up. A car a week?

You Durango guys are a dedicated bunch.

Last edited by zipperfoot; 12-20-2011 at 09:56 PM.
zipperfoot is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 07:33 AM
  #8774  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Washington
Posts: 421
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Funny story. I was racing at Compitition Hobbies in Tucson, AZ over the weekend. We were told racing started at 2:00pm. Got there at 12:30pm and racing was well under way. No practice, new track, our race was next. I hit a pipe and broke a front arm. Guy next to me who is a B44 guy says, " you broke a Durango?". Durango apparently has a rep for being durable.

Unfortunately they also have a rep for lack of parts. The shop did not have a hinge pin to replace the one I bent. Luckily there was a guy racing a 410 who had boxes of parts. I mean packages of hinge pins front and rear and everything else you could imagine. Without him I would have been done after one race.

Am I missing something? Do I have to be my own hobby shop? The guy told me he and a buddy were spending $300 a week on parts to stock up. A car a week?

You Durango guys are a dedicated bunch.
300$ a week might be a little excessive but i have to be honest, i have a ton of parts for mine. At least another kits worth. Not because it breaks often but because when it does the LHS never had them.
Culetto is offline  
Old 12-21-2011, 08:20 AM
  #8775  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
GasserX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 514
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Why isn't Durango making the parts we need? This is unreal to have to wait to race because you can’t get the parts you need. Worse yet......buy a whole kit to have spares.......

I am thinking about going to a brand my local hobby shop carries. I trusted I could order parts online, but a worldwide shortage (for a long time) is just lame.
GasserX is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.