Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Competitive? Dustin Evans just wont the 4wd triple At the Spektrum Championships with a XX4 "platform" car. Just made me think, man 14 + year old chassis can still win!!! Awesome to watch!! In the right hands any car could be competitive.
thats correct the XX4 not the current XXX4 and who in there right mind would buy a 1997 XX4 car ? if losi had a better 1/10th i would have stuck with it but honestly the XXX4G+ which you can still buy now is not in the same ball park IMO

i am a Losi die hard but know when to suck it up and drive the best there is right now

once a new Losi comes out if its better then this i will change back but not until its proven
Old 12-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBL15
thats correct the XX4 not the current XXX4 and who in there right mind would buy a 1997 XX4 car ? if losi had a better 1/10th i would have stuck with it but honestly the XXX4G+ which you can still buy now is not in the same ball park IMO

i am a Losi die hard but know when to suck it up and drive the best there is right now

once a new Losi comes out if its better then this i will change back but not until its proven
And I'm gunna rub it in
Old 12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Extreme would be selling the buggy cuz you can't find bling. If this part needs replacing then why not buy another plastic one until the alum is avail. It's just an option part and won't improve performance. HRP had the plastic ones in stock.
Bling has nothing to do with it. I have broken two of the plastic ones. Sure I could keep buying plastic, but it would make more sense to buy one metal one and be done with it. Hence my frustration...
Old 12-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jpm1
And I'm gunna rub it in
how did i know you would reply to that

yeh yeh i know you will but you know your self the quality of these products
Old 12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Competitive? Dustin Evans just wont the 4wd triple At the Spektrum Championships with a XX4 "platform" car. Just made me think, man 14 + year old chassis can still win!!! Awesome to watch!! In the right hands any car could be competitive.
Let us face it, the Losi wheeler sucks. I know Dustin won and he could win with a lot of cars. Nobody I have seen runs that car and both Dustin and Matt race at MHOR!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

I apologize for whining about parts. After making a few adjustments, going to light green springs in the rear, adjusting shock oil, and swapping out the cheap bearings for some quality bearings, the car was absolutely dialed on Saturday. I let a budy of mine try the car, and he said he was surprised at how easy it was to drive. I am sold, will not whine any more.

I am consider purchasing the DEX210 as well. My question is can you put a 14mm hex on the rear of the 410 and use the same wheels as the 210? I think the V3 has the same 14mm hexes on the rear, but not sure if the parts are interchangable. It would be nice to be able to swap wheels between vehicles.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBL15
how did i know you would reply to that

yeh yeh i know you will but you know your self the quality of these products
Yeah you got me to pipe up!, also a mate of mine just rang and informed me that when you buy a saddle pack you get 2!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Last edited by Qwkrn U; 12-05-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tobamiester
PM me, my LHS has one in stock, I just called them and put it by for you.
PM sent. Thanks for the help. I appreciate all those who PM'd me to offer assitance.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Tech Adept

Just been building my V3 and it comes with the old pin mounting method as well as the new 14mm hex. You can use the old pin method on the 210 so I can use up all of my old AE, Losi and Durango rims.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Let us face it, the Losi wheeler sucks. I know Dustin won and he could win with a lot of cars. Nobody I have seen runs that car and both Dustin and Matt race at MHOR!
I was at Spektrum, and the wheeler platform the Losi guys were running on was the XX4, some changes with the rear end and exposed belts, but it looked amazing on the track. I owned a XX4 and loved it, just hard to find parts, main reason nobody runs it.. I know kwiksi did very well with the XX4 also.

Not stealing this thread. I drive a Rango for a reason but saying a platform sucks after it has been successful for many people for MANY years is kinda harsh.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Finishing up my new 410 2010 spec. Does any one have a good indoor high bite setup with the big bore shocks?
I put the #3 pistons , the springs that came with the big bore kit and 25 losi oil in the rear and it seemed way to soft?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I was at Spektrum, and the wheeler platform the Losi guys were running on was the XX4, some changes with the rear end and exposed belts, but it looked amazing on the track. I owned a XX4 and loved it, just hard to find parts, main reason nobody runs it.. I know kwiksi did very well with the XX4 also.

Not stealing this thread. I drive a Rango for a reason but saying a platform sucks after it has been successful for many people for MANY years is kinda harsh.

Its the same old story- "its not about the bike" substitute for bike-rc car,motocross bike,car, woman(ok maybe it is about the woman)
Dustin was kickin butt- was his car old-yes- was it setup -yes- is he a better driver than us -yes.
I personally like to try/own all different brands rc cars to see what i like best. After all the hassle of owning various different buggies and various different versions the same results come up- With time setting up to my style- i run very similiar laps times with each one. Yep hate to say it but "I" am the limiting factor !! lol

Practice and mental fortitude are far more important than the car. That being said and known I still like the latest stuff ) I know it wont make me faster though

My favorite example is the c/b class motocrosser who gets a new 450 and puts a $1000 titanium pipe on it to "increase power" and "lose weight" on a motorcycle that is so overpowered to the normal mortal! That same $1000 would have been much better spent practicing and going to riding schools.

That brings up another point- I have learned so much in my past types of racing from going to schools/seminars/hiring the best to teach me etc. Does that happen in rc racing?? I know riders who made a good amount of money on the side doing that. If so who/where etc?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

All this talk about the 410 is making me want to pull out my like new 2010 spec and get it back on the track. Sad part is I'd only be able to do it on practice days since the 1/10 4wd class is all but dried up around here.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
The body does give some extra room(over5/8 in) in that area but I still solder wires on soild bullets at 90*. Up front its has loads of room. Mounted with Velcro and only the front clip and the body has never come off during a race. Cut the rear body mount off above the circle and leave rear of the body uncut to allow for flexing.[IMG][/IMG]http://[/IMG]
What kind of body is that? Does any one make a cab forward style body for the 410?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.