Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:33 AM
  #8341  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
My buddy was using 7k Mugen in the front and 2k stock in the rear. I was using Mugen 5k front and Mugen 3k rear. Each worked well to suit our different driving styles. Also, after a couple of runs the diffs really smoothed out nicely. My buddy was using a 21 pinion with 87t spur and I was using a 20with the 87 spur. The 21 was the way to go at our track.
Nice! You should post a couple pics of your track (sorry if you did and I missed them). I took the win last night at MHOR in Modified 4-wheel Drive at the 25th annual Pizza Feast! It helped that Konich and Grapejuice did not run the class but a win is a win and I will take it . . .

The car is so dialed and am just amazed with this machine. It would be perfect with the V3 rear hubs, hexes and am really anticipating those adjustable rear hinge brace. Cheers!
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 07:54 AM
  #8342  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Nice! You should post a couple pics of your track (sorry if you did and I missed them). I took the win last night at MHOR in Modified 4-wheel Drive at the 25th annual Pizza Feast! It helped that Konich and Grapejuice did not run the class but a win is a win and I will take it . . .

The car is so dialed and am just amazed with this machine. It would be perfect with the V3 rear hubs, hexes and am really anticipating those adjustable rear hinge brace. Cheers!
Congrats on the win! How do you like those big bores??????
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 AM
  #8343  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Congrats on the win! How do you like those big bores??????
The big bores really make this car planted and predictable. Much smoother and forgiving--much less chassis slapping and improved stability! You just look at these shocks and know they are sized right for the vehicle. The standards are a little "petite" as someone stated at our track.

I also believe the increased volume of the shock bodies make the car less sensitive to spring rate. They are dialed and really like the looks of the black nitride shafts (sold separately)!
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:10 AM
  #8344  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (44)
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default awesome!

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Nice! You should post a couple pics of your track (sorry if you did and I missed them). I took the win last night at MHOR in Modified 4-wheel Drive at the 25th annual Pizza Feast! It helped that Konich and Grapejuice did not run the class but a win is a win and I will take it . . .

The car is so dialed and am just amazed with this machine. It would be perfect with the V3 rear hubs, hexes and am really anticipating those adjustable rear hinge brace. Cheers!
congrats!
great to get a win!!!
majorsmx521 is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 AM
  #8345  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by majorsmx521
congrats!
great to get a win!!!
Thanks bud! I was turning more laps last night than I have in the past. Good times!!
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:38 AM
  #8346  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (44)
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default win win win

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Thanks bud! I was turning more laps last night than I have in the past. Good times!!
i was just thinking at our local track its just me for the last year running durango!
now there are four or five! a good buddy is running one and is real close to beating me! wish he would have kept his k car
the big bores are awesome, what motor esc are you running at mohr
looks like the indoor track we run on, iam using dialed down epic 7.5 with tekin rs damn is it a handfull
thanks
Rob
majorsmx521 is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
  #8347  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by majorsmx521
i was just thinking at our local track its just me for the last year running durango!
now there are four or five! a good buddy is running one and is real close to beating me! wish he would have kept his k car
the big bores are awesome, what motor esc are you running at mohr
looks like the indoor track we run on, iam using dialed down epic 7.5 with tekin rs damn is it a handfull
thanks
Rob
I have been running an Orion Vortex R10 Pro (2 - 3S) version ESC. The motor I have is a Novak Ballastic 8.5t and turn down my EPA to 90% on the radio. I have the new Orion Vortex VST 8.5t on order and the Novak will likely become the backup.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 AM
  #8348  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
JOJOHAMBONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: College Place, WA
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by majorsmx521
i was just thinking at our local track its just me for the last year running durango!
now there are four or five! a good buddy is running one and is real close to beating me! wish he would have kept his k car
the big bores are awesome, what motor esc are you running at mohr
looks like the indoor track we run on, iam using dialed down epic 7.5 with tekin rs damn is it a handfull
thanks
Rob
one of the four or five right here. the dex410r is the best buggy ever, cant wait to get my dex210. and already got a desc410r. team durango all the way!
tekin rs pro and 6.5 on a indoor track i need to dial it down a bit for next time!
JOJOHAMBONE is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 09:45 AM
  #8349  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (31)
 
JOJOHAMBONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: College Place, WA
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

hey rob you went to prcr this weekend right? how did you do?
JOJOHAMBONE is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 10:11 AM
  #8350  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
ABBOTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Charles ,MO
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

What has everyone been trying with pistons? The six holes are not the best these can be and was just curious what others have found that works. 1.3x4 400cst, 1.4x4 225cst (Colton, correct me if I got that wrong please) is what Im am going to try this coming week at practice. Congrats to Mr. Kiefer with for laying the SMAC down with the 410 last night.
ABBOTT is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 11:06 AM
  #8351  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Nice! You should post a couple pics of your track (sorry if you did and I missed them). I took the win last night at MHOR in Modified 4-wheel Drive at the 25th annual Pizza Feast! It helped that Konich and Grapejuice did not run the class but a win is a win and I will take it . . .

The car is so dialed and am just amazed with this machine. It would be perfect with the V3 rear hubs, hexes and am really anticipating those adjustable rear hinge brace. Cheers!
Congrats Danger! Your car was looking pretty dialed last night and you turned some good consistant laps as well. I'm guessing as we all work together the Durango's will be tough to beat at MHOR
Konich is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 11:55 AM
  #8352  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Konich
Congrats Danger! Your car was looking pretty dialed last night and you turned some good consistant laps as well. I'm guessing as we all work together the Durango's will be tough to beat at MHOR
Yup. A couple fast Cats around but that is cool--I like a little chassis competition as well. Wolfram is going to be fast with that B44.1 you watch!
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 11:58 AM
  #8353  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone give me some gearing advice for a 13.5T? Thanks!
brettness37 is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 12:47 PM
  #8354  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (44)
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default fast fast fast

Originally Posted by JOJOHAMBONE
hey rob you went to prcr this weekend right? how did you do?
ended up sixth! was pretty good run team kyosho was out in full force
just goota find a second a lap? to run with the big guns
majorsmx521 is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 12:50 PM
  #8355  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (44)
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default pistons

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
What has everyone been trying with pistons? The six holes are not the best these can be and was just curious what others have found that works. 1.3x4 400cst, 1.4x4 225cst (Colton, correct me if I got that wrong please) is what Im am going to try this coming week at practice. Congrats to Mr. Kiefer with for laying the SMAC down with the 410 last night.
front 1.2 x4 32.5 losi oil
rear 1.3 x6 32.5 losi oil
majorsmx521 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.