Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
  #8281  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,578
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Konich
You will want a 23 or 22. Start there and check your temps after a couple minutes.
I always get confused with this, but what is the rule for pinions?

less teeth more top end? or the other way around?

What about temps? less teeth lower temps? or the other way around?
zipperfoot is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 PM
  #8282  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,578
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Last question for the day. Does thicker diff oil add resistance, and as a result increase ESC and Motor temps? I have an ongoing debate with another 410 owner.
zipperfoot is offline  
Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 PM
  #8283  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Last question for the day. Does thicker diff oil add resistance, and as a result increase ESC and Motor temps? I have an ongoing debate with another 410 owner.
The idea behind a thicker diff oil is to purposefully add resistance. It will generate heat throughout the drive train. I personally do not think it has much influence on the motor or ESC in my experience . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 AM
  #8284  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

...
t8rtot is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 AM
  #8285  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Diff fluid only makes a difference thru the turns allowing the wheels to turn at different rates, the driveline diff to diff never moves so it never puts more of a strain. your diff ring gears still turn straight, any additional load is on the internal diff gears
t8rtot is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:29 AM
  #8286  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (126)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,958
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joelwhite
I use velcro too. Still sometimes put a pin the the front, but too the rear mount off and have just used velcro, works very well. I went thru the body with the rear mount. Velcro was an easy fix!
Hey Joel
Saw your doing pretty good at CRCRC. Whats your setup hotshot?

Anybody got tuning advice for the diffs? How long between rebuilds/fresh fluid? When to go thicker or thinner. My buggy came with 7000front/5000rear.Going to be racing at Raceworld Raceway which is med bite indoor.
Thanx
kwiksi is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 06:22 AM
  #8287  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,004
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Hey Joel
Saw your doing pretty good at CRCRC. Whats your setup hotshot?

Anybody got tuning advice for the diffs? How long between rebuilds/fresh fluid? When to go thicker or thinner. My buggy came with 7000front/5000rear.Going to be racing at Raceworld Raceway which is med bite indoor.
Thanx
Some basic diff fluid explanation..
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...adBradley.html

I have been running, 5k / 3k and like it. I run mostly on tight and technical track. If I were to go to Raceworld, or Leisure. I may bump the fluids up a bit. most likely try Jorns 10k / 10k setup.
TAMAK is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 AM
  #8288  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
gene1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wheaton
Posts: 1,875
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zipperfoot

Do you find the velcro necessary? The body already fits really tight as it is.

I used to run clips in my old body, but it's just more of a convenience thing.
gene1219 is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:35 AM
  #8289  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Slash and Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Posts: 1,496
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
The idea behind a thicker diff oil is to purposefully add resistance. It will generate heat throughout the drive train. I personally do not think it has much influence on the motor or ESC in my experience . . .
This is not completely true.

The diff fluid doesn't come into play until the wheels need to role at different rates.

And, yes, the diff fluid will not have much, if any, effect on motor or ESC.
Slash and Burn is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 AM
  #8290  
Tech Master
iTrader: (62)
 
joelwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,900
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Hey Joel
Saw your doing pretty good at CRCRC. Whats your setup hotshot?

Anybody got tuning advice for the diffs? How long between rebuilds/fresh fluid? When to go thicker or thinner. My buggy came with 7000front/5000rear.Going to be racing at Raceworld Raceway which is med bite indoor.
Thanx
Ive been running 10/7. Mess around a bit to get there. Just couldnt get the hang of it with the lighter stuff. Car is super easy to drive with 10/7, and with some good orings the fluid really statys nice and clean in there. Very impressed.

The car is dope on the track

setup is this one
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ay20101201.pdf
joelwhite is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:52 AM
  #8291  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,402
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Built my 5mm Mod'd from arms last night (from the Tresrey Blog) . Hope to hit the track tomorrow and will write back with results.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:03 AM
  #8292  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Built my 5mm Mod'd from arms last night (from the Tresrey Blog) . Hope to hit the track tomorrow and will write back with results.
I'm interested even if nobody else is. What ackerman position right now? Thanks..
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 AM
  #8293  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (126)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,958
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default

Someone asked earlier how to mount Speed Passion speedo so here is mine...micro reciever is a must.

kwiksi is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 AM
  #8294  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (71)
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joelwhite
Ive been running 10/7. Mess around a bit to get there. Just couldnt get the hang of it with the lighter stuff. Car is super easy to drive with 10/7, and with some good orings the fluid really statys nice and clean in there. Very impressed.

The car is dope on the track

setup is this one
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ay20101201.pdf
I think it depends on the surface, because I disagree. It was easier to drive with lighter oil. I started with 15/10 and settled with 5/3. Did everything in between and tested for about a year. The lighter oil helps keep the car straight. When the car leans and puts pressure on a particular wheel it has some give. Where as the heavier oil will make it more posi. Made the car less twitchy with the lighter stuff. To each their own.
Bman's 3XNT is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:35 AM
  #8295  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,402
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
I'm interested even if nobody else is. What ackerman position right now? Thanks..
I left it as it is right now, which I believe is middle.
tobamiester is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.