Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
25: 6:04
Nasty. I thought you might have gotten 25 . . .

I missed 23 by 1 second so am getting a little better!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
I forgot the P5 o rings for the diffs. Aside from that you should be good to go. Tresrey is selling Durango stuff now so you can get your kit and the hop ups in the same order, plus as you can see from the previous few posts their customer service is awesome.

The 210 doesn't have many issues other than parts availability right now, but the parts are starting to come in now and should be fully available very soon. FWIW, my brother hasnt broken anything but a plastic servo arm on his since we get it from the first batch. It's really good and will only get better as he gets more accustomed to it and we dial it in more.
The V3 does not need the o-rings now. They did away with the x-rings and it appears these are the shock o-rings out of the 408. I used these in my DESC truck and they fixed the outdrive leak problem. FYI, the V3 kit is released already and one batch has already been sold out for any newcomers that may think it has not hit the market yet. I am building mine now that I had for over a month while I was finishing my outdoor 1/8 scale season.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Car ran great last night! Now time to start getting it ready for Spektrum!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIS37czzNYo
Haha! You can hear Sallies yelling at the marshal and Chad giving him grief.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
The V3 does not need the o-rings now. They did away with the x-rings and it appears these are the shock o-rings out of the 408. I used these in my DESC truck and they fixed the outdrive leak problem. FYI, the V3 kit is released already and one batch has already been sold out for any newcomers that may think it has not hit the market yet. I am building mine now that I had for over a month while I was finishing my outdoor 1/8 scale season.
I noticed that the first batch went out, and read that people were already racing their V3's, any word on ETA of the batch #2..
Old 11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flame56mx
I noticed that the first batch went out, and read that people were already racing their V3's, any word on ETA of the batch #2..
Konich posted he heard 4 weeks from TD . . .
Old 11-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

My LHS told me the first week of December...
Old 11-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

I do not know when the next batch is expected. My LHS which has been in contact with HRP on other parts I have been ordering like the V3 wheels and we were told about 2 weeks out on the wheels. So, the LHS can probably get the info if they ask when they speak with HRP.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

410r build has been completed. Fitting the electronics was like trying to squeeze an elephant through a keyhole. Test run went well although the sound of the car is not the buttery smooth sound of my B44.1. The 410 is more like the sound of an 8th scale.

I felt the build quality was among the best, although the instructions are really pathetic and leave a lot to be desired. The pictures are good, and all of the information is there, but trying to match parts to pictures and having to reach into the bag o plastic parts took a little figuring out.

Please post some pictures of your electronis installation. I would like to see what others have done. I was able to get all the wires under the front drive shaft but it took a couple of hours.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
410r build has been completed. Fitting the electronics was like trying to squeeze an elephant through a keyhole. Test run went well although the sound of the car is not the buttery smooth sound of my B44.1. The 410 is more like the sound of an 8th scale.

I felt the build quality was among the best, although the instructions are really pathetic and leave a lot to be desired. The pictures are good, and all of the information is there, but trying to match parts to pictures and having to reach into the bag o plastic parts took a little figuring out.

Please post some pictures of your electronis installation. I would like to see what others have done. I was able to get all the wires under the front drive shaft but it took a couple of hours.
Yes it takes a couple hours to wire the buggy up nice and neat the first time. If your Rango sounds like an 8th scale I would go back and check some things like fits and gear mesh. I have heard some that are loud and some VERY quiet. All has to do with the build--if I do say so myself.

Last edited by dangerwr; 11-18-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Yes it takes a couple hours to wire the buggy up nice and neat the first time. If your Rango sounds like an 8th scale I would go back and check some things like fits and gear mesh. I have heard some that are load and some VERY quiet. All has to do with the build--if I do say so myself.
I am not going to respond by telling you how many kits I have built. For all I know I did all of them wrong. But I can assure you I took my time with this kit and checked and rechecked everything during the build. I tried to pay extra attention to the diffs.

The 410r is quiet, but not as quiet as the B44.1 which I recently built. I can say the B44.1 I built is ultra quiet if I do say so myself, so it may not be a fair comparison. However, if you are saying you have seen and heard 410r kits that were as smooth and quiet as a properly built B44.1, then maybe I should check a few things on the 410r.

This is my first Durango build. Where do you suggest I start? The pinion/spur gear mesh is right, the bearings are smooth, there is no binding... etc.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

I am not going to respond by telling you how many kits I have built. For all I know I did all of them wrong. But I can assure you I took my time with this kit and checked and rechecked everything during the build. I tried to pay extra attention to the diffs.

The 410r is quiet, but not as quiet as the B44.1 which I recently built. I can say the B44.1 I built is ultra quiet if I do say so myself, so it may not be a fair comparison. However, if you are saying you have seen and heard 410r kits that were as smooth and quiet as a properly built B44.1, then maybe I should check a few things on the 410r.

This is my first Durango build. Where do you suggest I start? The pinion/spur gear mesh is right, the bearings are smooth, there is no binding... etc.
You said your buggy sounded like an 8th scale. I race 8th scale EP and my Rango is not nearly as loud. Not to say it sounds nothing like an 8th scale would not be fair because it is designed like one. Did you check out the build tips on the TD and Oople websites?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Anyone know if the turnigy nano tech 5100 saddle packs will work? What is the best size mah and c rating to go with without going too heavy? I think im reading the dimesnsions right with a 25 height but not sure if other dimensions will work. Can someone point me in the right direction to some set ups to try?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

I posted this a while back but am pleased with the result and as you asked...
http://pipskiracing.blogspot.com/201...s-install.html

I had to fit a heat sink on the esc in the end (no fan needed) but it doesn't interfere with the wiring.

It's only a V2 but I am loving it so far.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redron123
Anyone know if the turnigy nano tech 5100 saddle packs will work? What is the best size mah and c rating to go with without going too heavy? I think im reading the dimesnsions right with a 25 height but not sure if other dimensions will work. Can someone point me in the right direction to some set ups to try?
i use the nano tech and the gens ace packs(not the 6000) everything works great
Old 11-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default race day

well durango bros!
thought i would chime in cant let the colo guys have all the racing glory
myself and three other durango guys are driving three hours to protland oregon p.r.c.r. kyoshos joe pillars track! with some tweeks hope to be right up at the front!
tight supercross stle track!!
man i love race day!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.