Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Synergy
Had another bad night. Was taking practice lap in second qualifer and my Tresrey rear diff holder broke.
Synergy,
There is something not quite right, you shouldn't have that much wear on the interior of the ring. However I stand behind my products 100%, PM me your address and I will get another rear diff hoop out to you free of charge.

Where your bulkhead holes stripped or loose when you removed the diff hoop?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
Synergy,
There is something not quite right, you shouldn't have that much wear on the interior of the ring. However I stand behind my products 100%, PM me your address and I will get another rear diff hoop out to you free of charge.
Now thats Service!!! Nice
Old 11-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

^^^ Tresrey is a high end product, if my customer's aren't happy neither am I

Remember Tresrey USA also is a stocking Durango kits/parts dealer as well!

If you have ANY problems/questions with Tresrey products let me know and I will certainly get you taken care of no questions asked.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

^^^ Tresrey is a high end product, if my customer's aren't happy neither am I

Remember Tresrey USA also is a stocking Durango kits/parts dealer as well!

If you have ANY problems/questions with Tresrey products let me know and I will certainly get you taken care of no questions asked.
I like the Assembled options. I'll be recommending this to fellow racers interested in a TD car....Alot of complainers where I race about the cars falling to bits. I think 95% of the problems are build related.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Both Justin (Team Driver) and I have raced Durango's since 2009. Justin can defiantley get a kit pretty dialed out of the box
Old 11-17-2011, 08:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Alright, I know I am in Rango territory, so I am expecting some bias. I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I am considering a new 4 wheeler, leaning toward the V3 when they become available. I have owned a few Kyosho's FS/FS2 in the past, and would like an opinion from any who have been in the same situation. There are no Durango's around here to even look at, so getting to take one for a spin is not likely, unless someone would like to send me theirs for the weekend...Also, a parts suggestion on what I should keep with me, as there is not much for parts supply available to me, other than online stores..
Old 11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Alright, I know I am in Rango territory, so I am expecting some bias. I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I am considering a new 4 wheeler, leaning toward the V3 when they become available. I have owned a few Kyosho's FS/FS2 in the past, and would like an opinion from any who have been in the same situation. There are no Durango's around here to even look at, so getting to take one for a spin is not likely, unless someone would like to send me theirs for the weekend...Also, a parts suggestion on what I should keep with me, as there is not much for parts supply available to me, other than online stores..
The car is really good. Durable, tunable, and quality components throughout. A few hop ups are recommended: rear diff hoop and servo saver arm (Tresrey makes great ones and look awesome in red). Their hingepins offer added strength as well- we've never bent one on the buggy since putting them in.

If the lack of local parts support doesn't scare you, I wouldn't think twice about it. I've been loving TD products ever since we got the 2010 spec for my brother, and bought 2 of their SC trucks and now 2 210s, and honestly would have regardless of whether or not TD added my brother to their team or not. They are brilliantly engineered, easy to work on, and perform on the track. Good luck!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
The car is really good. Durable, tunable, and quality components throughout. A few hop ups are recommended: rear diff hoop and servo saver arm (Tresrey makes great ones and look awesome in red). Their hingepins offer added strength as well- we've never bent one on the buggy since putting them in.

If the lack of local parts support doesn't scare you, I wouldn't think twice about it. I've been loving TD products ever since we got the 2010 spec for my brother, and bought 2 of their SC trucks and now 2 210s, and honestly would have regardless of whether or not TD added my brother to their team or not. They are brilliantly engineered, easy to work on, and perform on the track. Good luck!
Lack of local support doesn't bother me, not uncommon around here unless you have an AE car. I am more than likely going to get the V3, so the rear diff loop, SS arm, and hingepins would be the only needed upgrades? I am interested in the 210 as well, just waiting for the new model bugs to be ironed out..
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Synergy,

Where your bulkhead holes stripped or loose when you removed the diff hoop?
Now thats customer service )
Could those marks been from when it broke the drive shft could have beat it up?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't know but since the diff case seats in the hoop I doubt its a driveshaft problem. I could see a problem with either the diff case not being seated or if the diff hoop came loos from the bulkhead it could have been slamming down and eventually fail.

Either way, first diff hoop failure I've ever seen in 2 years.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cota4rt
Now thats customer service )
Could those marks been from when it broke the drive shft could have beat it up?
That looks like wear due to dirt and vibration over time . . .
Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I don't know but since the diff case seats in the hoop I doubt its a driveshaft problem. I could see a problem with either the diff case not being seated or if the diff hoop came loos from the bulkhead it could have been slamming down and eventually fail.

Either way, first diff hoop failure I've ever seen in 2 years.
That failure rate says good things about your product Also a hard hit from the rear could have flexed everything enough to cause the lateral load to break ring. rings job isnt really for those loads.

Anyway good job Konich on quick responses and taking care of it
Old 11-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great product support. A plus for Tresrey
Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Lack of local support doesn't bother me, not uncommon around here unless you have an AE car. I am more than likely going to get the V3, so the rear diff loop, SS arm, and hingepins would be the only needed upgrades? I am interested in the 210 as well, just waiting for the new model bugs to be ironed out..
I forgot the P5 o rings for the diffs. Aside from that you should be good to go. Tresrey is selling Durango stuff now so you can get your kit and the hop ups in the same order, plus as you can see from the previous few posts their customer service is awesome.

The 210 doesn't have many issues other than parts availability right now, but the parts are starting to come in now and should be fully available very soon. FWIW, my brother hasnt broken anything but a plastic servo arm on his since we get it from the first batch. It's really good and will only get better as he gets more accustomed to it and we dial it in more.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
How many laps did you get bud? The video cut off right before Chad announced your laps . . .
25: 6:04

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.