Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Found 2 87T spur gears at Pegasus Hobby in CA. Quite possibly the last two spur gears in the Northern Hemisphere.

Now to move on and quit moaning.

I bought the 410R, and it is time to build it. I have read through most of the threads about tips and suggestions. Here is what I have bought so far to make the car bullet proof:

Aluminum servo saver.
HD ball cups.
Front/front aluminum suspension holder
Aluminum rear gearbox insert
7k front diff fluid, 3k rear
Kyosho P5 o-rings

Anything else?

What about shock oil, pistons, or springs?

Finnaly, does Durango have a "stock" set up sheet for the 410? Trying to mount shocks and match up holes and positions by referring to the manual's pictures is tuff. Do I use the +2 or -2 suspension holder, which one is stock? Is there a base set up sheet that works? I would like to keep it simple and then try a few things later on after I drive the car for a while.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default petitrc.com

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Found 2 87T spur gears at Pegasus Hobby in CA. Quite possibly the last two spur gears in the Northern Hemisphere.

I bought the 410R, and it is time to build it. I have read through most of the threads about tips and suggestions. Here is what I have bought so far to make the car bullet proof:

Aluminum servo saver.
HD ball cups.
Kyosho P5 o-rings

Anything else?

Finnaly, does Durango have a "stock" set up sheet for the 410? Trying to mount shocks and match up holes and positions by referring to the manual's pictures is tuff. Do I use the +2 or -2 suspension holder, which one is stock? Is there a base set up sheet that works? I would like to keep it simple and then try a few things later on after I drive the car for a while.
go to petitrc.com there are many set ups for all surfaces
and base setups to start with
enjoy this buggy they are awesome right out of the box
Old 11-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot

Aluminum servo saver.
HD ball cups.
Kyosho P5 o-rings

Anything else?

If you're running on clay try the Grapejuice setup. We started with it a few months back and with some minor tweaks Cush has been loving it and fast at a variety of tracks. I think its on petit rc under Justin Salerno.

Your list above looks pretty good. If you get the rear diff hoop from Tresrey you can get the P5 o rings there, and within the next week or so they will have good stock of Durango parts too. One stop Durango shopping
Old 11-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone know what I can use on the outdrive to get them to stop squeeking? My car sounds like it's an old rust bucket sometimes.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobsavenger
Anyone know what I can use on the outdrive to get them to stop squeeking? My car sounds like it's an old rust bucket sometimes.

Thanks
Huh. Never had that problem but have heard a Rango with squeaky wheels. How do your bearings and diff fluid look? CVDs??
Old 11-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default V3 rear hubs?

Guys,

I understand the V3 has different hubs on the rear that use a larger outer bearing. Does anyone know if it is the same hub on the DESC410? Anyone have the P/N? Thanks!

I think I found my answer . . .

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD340071
Old 11-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tresrey hubs have a larger outer bearing Danger

Nice run last night, but remember the more Tresrey the more you finish towards the front
Old 11-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Konich
Tresrey hubs have a larger outer bearing Danger

Nice run last night, but remember the more Tresrey the more you finish towards the front
Haha! You are a pusher son and knew the Tresrey plug was coming! I really like to run as much plastic as I can because if you make your car too stiff the ball cups will pop off too often.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

looking at a v3 but wondering what people think of the big bored compared to the standard shock on the 410
Old 11-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Huh. Never had that problem but have heard a Rango with squeaky wheels. How do your bearings and diff fluid look? CVDs??
Diff's have been cleaned out and rebuilt recently. I believe it's the CVD's chattering. What would be the best to clean them out and get them to keep quiet?

The bearings are also in good condition.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Diff's have been cleaned out and rebuilt recently. I believe it's the CVD's chattering. What would be the best to clean them out and get them to keep quiet?

Thanks
Have you noticed any wear in the outdrives or the pins of the dog bones? I know when my b4 outdrives and pins wear out they squeak.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scr8pn4205
looking at a v3 but wondering what people think of the big bored compared to the standard shock on the 410
I am sure there will be a lot of good opinions on this one once there are more people out there who have ran both. I understand the BB are smother but also heard the team guys are winning with the standard so I dunno . . .

I have been running the standard with modified pistons and the gold nitride shafts and seem to be fine. I do have the BB on order and am itching to try them and compare.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks
Weird. I reluctantly clean mine with WD40 but then wipe them off. A thin layer of Losi Great Grease seems to keep everything quiet. I am not sure if you are running the boots--I never have. I just try to keep the amount of grease to a minimum but is usually not an issue on hard pack indoor clay. In eifff scale I see people use motor cycle chain lube on CVDs to prevent dirt from sticking.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

I cleaned them with WD40 and wiped them off. I am running the inner boots. After cleaning them out it did seem to make it much quieter. Now if I can just keep it that way.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

I cleaned them with WD40 and wiped them off. I am running the inner boots. After cleaning them out it did seem to make it much quieter. Now if I can just keep it that way.

Thanks for the help.
Bob,
on my last Dex410 I always cleaned the cvd's and greased them with the associated black grease. then used the inner boots. I havent taken my new one apart yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.