Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Yeah this is less than helpful. I am always amazed at the level of helplessness on this site. Good luck folks! I hope you can tear it up at your local track!

explain to me why that is "less than helpful". Once i understand what you are needing I may give it another shot. Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

So can you run Losi wheels front and rear with this buggy? Will offset stay the same?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cota4rt
explain to me why that is "less than helpful". Once i understand what you are needing I may give it another shot. Thanks
One cannot see anything in those pics is all. I mean, I could not make out what it is you are doing, sorry. I also do not get it because this is not a cheap car so do not understand the Red Green duct tape fix . . .
Old 11-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Are you referring to the pics I posted showing diff ring retainer? If so why do you want it removed?
It is not going to solve the issue, This ring typically break when to much binding in the rrear case causes to much torgue fro the rin gto hold up to. That brace may be a band aid of sorts and porbably helps but doesnt solve the key issue. Props for trying though. But it is a liitle unsightly.

Anybody care to help me sift through this thread and paste some of the better posts to the one I started? I can get the name changed when it starts looking better.
any helpful charts or pics send to [email protected] with the title DEX and I will work on it as i have time.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...eral-tips.html
Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Are you referring to the pics I posted showing diff ring retainer? If so why do you want it removed?
The problem with the brace is that it is anchored by the diff case- if the diff ring breaks your brace will not retain the case as is needed, it will simply rotate up with the case as the drive force is applied. To be effective a brace needs to be anchored by the chassis. Your brace may improve the rigidity of the case where the input shaft is retained however. The aluminum diff hoops from Tresrey and TD are roughly $20- a small investment for a car that can easily run well over a thousand dollars once you install electronics. I think we have over a thousand into Cush's roller alone. I have seen some aluminum straps fashioned from a thin aluminum strap that uses the same bolts as the diff hoop and goes over said hoop, but they are nowhere as secure as the alum hoops available. For us, $20 was well worth the piece of mind knowing that the rear hoop will not break and cost Cush a race. Some of the upgrade parts are bling and not essential to the 410, the diff hoops, or at least the rear, are a must. Same with the servo saver and IMO the Tresrey rear hubs. Just my .02.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Default dangerwr and Abbott

I took pics with phone so i could reply back quick to person who asked. I can for sure get out camera and take better pics if he would like. While I agree one should not "need" to fix a car like this (bear in mind I own both r and spec version-pic was of spec version) all cars need some mods. I have made changes to all my cars Losi 22, sc10,t4.1,Losi sct, DECS410, HB D8, Odonnell truggy etc to make them mainly more durable as first choice then perform better as second choice. Granted my mod doesnt look like the tresrey alum diff retainer but min was free and i have 3 durangos so do the math at how much I saved. i choose to spend that money on tires and track time versus bling.
Now Abbott on to your statement that the fix I made wont work. Thanks for your input however you are mistaken. If it didn't work i wouldn't still be winning with the cars. Zero failures since the mod but I still have the $120 that I would have spent on diff hoops. Their parts look and i am sure work great but no one sees those hoops while racing.
Engineering principles there are more than one way to skin a cat. I chose the free way to do it on a saturday night before races on Sunday with no option to buy Tresrey stuff in time.
You both may be phenominal racers who can push these cars to the max but most people on this board and at all tracks would benefit far more from more track time than anything along with less motor!

Konich even stated he runs a 2009 model with upgrades that make sense. My mod may not be for everyone but for the people who dont want to spend the money yet have a viable free alternative mine works and took 10 mins to fab.

Lastly- I could care less personally if you don't like my mods- I was just trying to help a fellow racer which is also what i do constantly at the track. To come on here and state it won't work without even trying it or having the engineering knowledge to back up your statement is a disservice to those on here. Now my rant is over I need to get back out to my shop and carve a chassis out of wood

Tom Bledsoe
Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Dude. I am not the forum police--do whatever you want. If I had something better to do with my life I would not be harrassing you about some janky fix for the Rango. Everyone has their own opinion and trust me, I do understand me some engineering principles, I see them everyday. What you sent pictures of is another type of engineering which I will not mention as it will expose my ignorance. Cheers bud!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jonny5
The problem with the brace is that it is anchored by the diff case- if the diff ring breaks your brace will not retain the case as is needed, it will simply rotate up with the case as the drive force is applied. To be effective a brace needs to be anchored by the chassis. Your brace may improve the rigidity of the case where the input shaft is retained however. The aluminum diff hoops from Tresrey and TD are roughly $20- a small investment for a car that can easily run well over a thousand dollars once you install electronics. I think we have over a thousand into Cush's roller alone. I have seen some aluminum straps fashioned from a thin aluminum strap that uses the same bolts as the diff hoop and goes over said hoop, but they are nowhere as secure as the alum hoops available. For us, $20 was well worth the piece of mind knowing that the rear hoop will not break and cost Cush a race. Some of the upgrade parts are bling and not essential to the 410, the diff hoops, or at least the rear, are a must. Same with the servo saver and IMO the Tresrey rear hubs. Just my .02.
Hi Johnny
Hope all is well and hope to see you guys back down soon.
I do not disagree that the tresrey hoops are a secure /better fix but I didn't have that option on the Saturday night before the races. My fix has been working so far (fingers crossed and trust me if it breaks again I will get the tresrey or alternatives(if their is one short of machining one my self).

I agree if diff ring breaks or slips off the front of diff case(which is what i have experienced causes the diff case to "torque Upwards" then my brace will not stop diff case from rotating up. What my brace does is "not allow" diff ring to slip off the front of diff case in the first place therefore eliminating that part of the problem. All of my failures have been from diff ring slipping off the front of diff case then drive shaft "wearing " thru diff ring when diff case torques up. That has been eliminated so far with my hillbilly engineering Just check out some of my magic with safety wire that I do

We had 2 heats of 10th 4wd last sunday same with 2wd . 4wd SC was interesting also I ran my sons desc for the first time- lots of steering !! I ran somme laps within .3 of leader but need some practice also need a battering ram -that class is somethin

See ya soon
Tom
Old 11-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Lets get one thing straight. I am in no way a superior racer, I just was stating that I didnt think it was the best fix for that issue is all.

Anyone that can find the link on oople with all the electronics layout would be awesome!

Also how do a post items that are in pdf format to these threads or wjhats an easy way to change them over to a format photobucket will except?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

I am ok if we all disagree. Matter of fact I encourage it as it promotes thought. In the end we all want the same thing. Keep up the great info on here as this car is a joy to drive and once I fixed the 3-4 known issues I have not broken a thing and every race a b44 breaks something(not bashing assoc- I race several just not b44 as I am sure with proper setup they are durable as well)

Racing 5 classes per day means 15 races with very little breaks so i need durability or maybe race fewer classes nah
Old 11-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

RCshox SC spec pistons now available for the 410 as well as Garodisc slipper disc. these pistons are 4 hole 1.1/1.2 by request and fit the "FAT" shocks. On a good note i have one of the Durango "top guns" testing so expect some good feedback in a few weeks!!
http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/i...hp?cPath=23_31
Old 11-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Anyone that can find the link on oople with all the electronics layout would be awesome!
its on the first page of the TD forum over there. just hop over and take a look.. there also is a V3 thread that would be worth looking at.

Last edited by t8rtot; 11-08-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Johnny
Hope all is well and hope to see you guys back down soon.
I do not disagree that the tresrey hoops are a secure /better fix but I didn't have that option on the Saturday night before the races. My fix has been working so far (fingers crossed and trust me if it breaks again I will get the tresrey or alternatives(if their is one short of machining one my self).

I agree if diff ring breaks or slips off the front of diff case(which is what i have experienced causes the diff case to "torque Upwards" then my brace will not stop diff case from rotating up. What my brace does is "not allow" diff ring to slip off the front of diff case in the first place therefore eliminating that part of the problem. All of my failures have been from diff ring slipping off the front of diff case then drive shaft "wearing " thru diff ring when diff case torques up. That has been eliminated so far with my hillbilly engineering Just check out some of my magic with safety wire that I do

We had 2 heats of 10th 4wd last sunday same with 2wd . 4wd SC was interesting also I ran my sons desc for the first time- lots of steering !! I ran somme laps within .3 of leader but need some practice also need a battering ram -that class is somethin

See ya soon
Tom
Glad you're doing well and enjoying the cars Tom. It seems your brace is addressing an issue other than what the new hoops were aimed at- the loose input gear moving and chewing up ring gears and not the hoop breaking and pulling the rear shaft from the center slipper outdrive. I see now.

The 4wd sc class is something else.... pretty rough everywhere you go
Old 11-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Glad you're doing well and enjoying the cars Tom. It seems your brace is addressing an issue other than what the new hoops were aimed at- the loose input gear moving and chewing up ring gears and not the hoop breaking and pulling the rear shaft from the center slipper outdrive. I see now.

The 4wd sc class is something else.... pretty rough everywhere you go
I am glad I put a rear bumper on the desc 410 as i needed it that day. that will for sure be the first class I don't run as i prefer the 2wd cars plus five classes is a lot and by the mains my ADD kicks in

I think we are going to try to address some of the issues with bashing this sunday in a "special" drivers meeting. Maybe it will help a little

Have you found the HD ball cups to work better than the stock? I have some HD on order but apparently they are on BO. ANy other solutions ? I havent popped many on the dex410 but have had a couple pop off in what I didn't think were too hard of hits.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

what is the tallest mm battery that can be used in the dex410?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.