Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:57 AM
  #7786  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Saturday? My car is ready and there was a heat of wheeler Wednesday!
Sweet! I will not be ready for this Saturday but will be by the next. I want to stop by this Saturday evening to get parts from Konich and check out your DEX210. Have you been working on a setup for the Big Bores on the 4-wheeler? I think I am gonna hold off on those and see if people prefer these over the original. Not that you can even find the full set of BB in stock right now.

Does MHOR have wheels in stock? I only have one set from last year . . .
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 11:16 AM
  #7787  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (152)
 
grapejuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,190
Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Sweet! I will not be ready for this Saturday but will be by the next. I want to stop by this Saturday evening to get parts from Konich and check out your DEX210. Have you been working on a setup for the Big Bores on the 4-wheeler? I think I am gonna hold off on those and see if people prefer these over the original. Not that you can even find the full set of BB in stock right now.

Does MHOR have wheels in stock? I only have one set from last year . . .
Haven't really been "working" on a set-up but running it a little and it feels pretty good, just going try a little heavier oil in the front and try some different springs too. And yes MHOR has wheels instock.
grapejuice is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
  #7788  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Here is a tip for mod, get a 7.5 and turn it down for indoor and run full tilt outdoor. I on the other hand do the opposite, I run a 6.5 indoor and outdoor at full boogie and just drive it...
rx7ttlm is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 12:26 PM
  #7789  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Here is a tip for mod, get a 7.5 and turn it down for indoor and run full tilt outdoor. I on the other hand do the opposite, I run a 6.5 indoor and outdoor at full boogie and just drive it...
for indoor smaller tracks, i would recommend nothing higher than a 10.5.. if you can't get to full throttle at least once theres no need for these high motors. i run on a track that looks slightly larger than the ones in the vid and i wont use all of the 13.5 that i'm running.

if i do i can always crank her up..
t8rtot is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM
  #7790  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TAMAK
So it appears that my DEX210 kit came with extra 14mm hex's. Only two. , But that's fine for me. 12mm fronts 14mm backs until someone has 14mm fronts in stock.
Leisure Hours has a ton of 14mm fronts in stock at the track- since you're going tomorrow. I think in yellow only though.
Jonny5 is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 07:07 PM
  #7791  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t8rtot
for indoor smaller tracks, i would recommend nothing higher than a 10.5.. if you can't get to full throttle at least once theres no need for these high motors. i run on a track that looks slightly larger than the ones in the vid and i wont use all of the 13.5 that i'm running.

if i do i can always crank her up..
I dunno. I like the grunt of the 8.5 in my Rango--even if I only open it up for a second or two down the straight.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 12:23 AM
  #7792  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
MooseDrool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: STL MO
Posts: 1,259
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dangerwr
But are you saying that you would run a 9.5T in a DEX410 for mod 4-wheeler on arguably the most competitive track in the nation?
I was just goving my input on the new orion motors. Someone mentioned that they wanted an 8.5 but all that was in stock was a 9.5. I simply stated that the new 9.5 runs about as fast as most other companies 8.5's, and a lot cooler too.

I run an orion VST 5.5 in my kyosho FS2, but I have always liked a lot of motor in my cars, and not trying to sound cocky here, but I have no problem handling it on our medium sized indoor high grip track.
MooseDrool is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 03:00 AM
  #7793  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t8rtot
for indoor smaller tracks, i would recommend nothing higher than a 10.5.. if you can't get to full throttle at least once theres no need for these high motors. i run on a track that looks slightly larger than the ones in the vid and i wont use all of the 13.5 that i'm running.

if i do i can always crank her up..
I don't see the point, unless you already have a bunch of motors sitting around. A couple months ago I saw a guy buy 4 motors for touring, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.5, when I asked him why he said he wanted to be ready for all the tracks around here. Makes no sense when you can run a 4.5 and turn it down, or for outdoor tracks add timing on the esc. Kinda a waste of almost 400 bucks. Just like in offroad, get a 7.5 and turn down the epa to less than 90% (whatever you can handle and be consistent). The last layout we ran a 8.5 wasn't enough for indoor (shrug). Easier to turn it down than to switch motors, cheaper also. And even with the 6.5 with boost I was full throttle a couple times a lap... car was a blur to spectators
rx7ttlm is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 06:21 AM
  #7794  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

To each there own. However, this is very similar to the 250 vs 600 debates on most sport bike forums..
t8rtot is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 07:39 AM
  #7795  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I run a 6.5 and almost never hit full throttle except for about 20' on the front straight. However I like to be able to turn it down. That way I only need to run 1 motor, can turn it down, and it runs cool as adding timing/boost is never an issue.

Plus chicks dig it
Konich is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 07:55 AM
  #7796  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
suprdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellfountain, OR
Posts: 680
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys. I'm looking to get a new wheeler but no V3's in stock anywhere. Would it be a bad idea to go ahead and get the older version 410 and upgrade as parts come available or are there too many changes to the new car to make it worth it?
suprdave is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 08:09 AM
  #7797  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
R-E-A-P-E-R-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 1,892
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The original 410 is still better than any other wheeler on the market. You won't be dissapointed with it. And like you said you can upgrade as you go along.
R-E-A-P-E-R- is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
  #7798  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MooseDrool
I was just goving my input on the new orion motors. Someone mentioned that they wanted an 8.5 but all that was in stock was a 9.5. I simply stated that the new 9.5 runs about as fast as most other companies 8.5's, and a lot cooler too.

I run an orion VST 5.5 in my kyosho FS2, but I have always liked a lot of motor in my cars, and not trying to sound cocky here, but I have no problem handling it on our medium sized indoor high grip track.
I hear ya' and am really tempted to just get the VST 9.5T and just use a little boost if I need it. My gut keeps telling me to hold out for the 8.5 released in 2 weeks. I have a perfectly healthy Novak Ballastic 8.5 but have since turned my back on them and want to only use this motor as a backup.
dangerwr is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 09:11 AM
  #7799  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Danger stop by and check out our V3's
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-tysp003_01__23792_zoom.jpg  
Konich is offline  
Old 10-22-2011, 09:23 AM
  #7800  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Konich
Danger stop by and check out our V3's
Nice! That is too much motor for me son!!!
dangerwr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.