Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
I am on my iphone, so i can't get a good picture. If you are referring to the rear hubs, they can go either way. It will either add ir subtract one degree of toe. I recall keeping r on the passenger will decrease rear toe in.
Its a nice touch to be able to do both. We generally do not want to take any toe away, but having the ability to add or subtract without buying a dedicated separate set is a pretty smart design. I imagine the guys over in Europe use that feature more often running on Astroturf with flypaper-like traction to induce some rotation.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So I finally dusted this car off today to start getting ready for the winter racing season. The thing still stinks from 3 Novak Kinetic fires! I think I have figured what I need to do to upgrade to the v3 stuff. I have a few questions . . .

Last year I ran black springs up front and light-green in rear--does it make sense to start with the same spring rate on the big bores?

Also, are most people still running the brass weights? I see those were not part of the new v3 package.

Lastly, is Durango going to switch the wheels over to the 14mm hex? Thanks,

- D
Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omalley72
Anyone have any input? There are too many pages to scan through, figured id just ask.

I use the drive pins from the TC3 (shorter and dia. is slightly larger so there is a sung fit) and run B4 wheels in the rear. Same offset, etc. Since no one in my area carries Durango parts and the AE rims are easier to find...simple solution. Now...anyone know if there is a front rims replacement out there instead of running the TD rims?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
So I finally dusted this car off today to start getting ready for the winter racing season. The thing still stinks from 3 Novak Kinetic fires! I think I have figured what I need to do to upgrade to the v3 stuff. I have a few questions . . .

Last year I ran black springs up front and light-green in rear--does it make sense to start with the same spring rate on the big bores?

Also, are most people still running the brass weights? I see those were not part of the new v3 package.

Lastly, is Durango going to switch the wheels over to the 14mm hex? Thanks,

- D
When my V3 comes I plan to run the same spring rates . The V3 doesn't come with some things the previous did to keep the price down . I have never ran the weight kit , same effect can be done by placing sticky weights in certain areas on the car . Yes , the V3 has 14mm wheels .
Old 10-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Cool, I will stick with the same spring rates. I really liked how the car handled after adding those crazy brass weights--especially in and out of jumps. I just wonder how long it will be before the 14mm hex wheels will replace the old 12mm stock everywhere.

I cannot find a P/N for the 14mm wheel hexes anywhere . . .
Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Ya , there are a few things I want to put on mine from the V3 and part numbers seem to not available . Maybe someone who has a V3 could scan and post the list of part numbers in the manual ?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Cool, I will stick with the same spring rates. I really liked how the car handled after adding those crazy brass weights--especially in and out of jumps. I just wonder how long it will be before the 14mm hex wheels will replace the old 12mm stock everywhere.

I cannot find a P/N for the 14mm wheel hexes anywhere . . .
http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD330312 for Plastic

http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD310226 for aluminum
Old 10-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Much appreciated!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Ran my car for the first time last night with the big bores and what a difference!! The one thing I didn't like about the carbon chassis before was it seemed to bounce a little, wasn't as planted when landing jumps as the aluminum chassis (wasn't big deal, just had to hit the down side like you are supposed to ). But now I can send it with no worries, I was over shooting stuff on purpose and it would land perfect, which made it that much better driving it properly! And the new Tresrey 6.5 has got some RIP!!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

v3 wheels are available on the Durango website
Old 10-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grapejuice
Ran my car for the first time last night with the big bores and what a difference!! The one thing I didn't like about the carbon chassis before was it seemed to bounce a little, wasn't as planted when landing jumps as the aluminum chassis (wasn't big deal, just had to hit the down side like you are supposed to ). But now I can send it with no worries, I was over shooting stuff on purpose and it would land perfect, which made it that much better driving it properly! And the new Tresrey 6.5 has got some RIP!!
Very nice! I really have no idea what springs or oil to run in these big bores so will just start with what I ran in the standard bore shocks. I have long forgot what I had in there from the Hupo setup. Any chance you are going to post a setup someday or keep it secret? Maybe just post it on the message board at MHOR?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Very nice! I really have no idea what springs or oil to run in these big bores so will just start with what I ran in the standard bore shocks. I have long forgot what I had in there from the Hupo setup. Any chance you are going to post a setup someday or keep it secret? Maybe just post it on the message board at MHOR?
I just ran the 6x1.2 pistons front and rear, losi 35wt. front and 30wt. rear and the springs that came with the big bores, dark blue front, light blue rear. I've got some more springs coming to try out.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

1) their are a couple charts a the TD site for spring rates and the bigbores colors match up close but no exact, the BB come with the same blue/l.blue that the R came with I am starting with Green/L. Green and 6x1.2 pistons

2) wieghts are up to your setup, The guys at our track are working on lighting the car up so I will share once its figured out. They are just on e of the many things that were eliminated to get the pricepoint right.

3) Yes they have new wheels if you have plenty of old ones that work for your track then why change? I think you only have to add the new hexes to update to the new wheels and Al clamp ons should be out some.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

I know I'm a little late to the party but I just finished building my V2 DEX410R.
I took some pics and posted them on my website if anyone is interested.

See them here... Clicky

I shall now set about reading some of the 500 preceding pages .. yikes!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looks good, I would get an aluminum servo arm. With that it should be bullet proof.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.